Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
LauraH

Lamb chops?

Last weekend when I was in Sams Club I saw a package of lamb chops. They looked very lean and if I remember correctly I like lamb.

My question is two fold -

1) What are the pts for a lamb chop?

2) How do you prepare them?

If the pts are reasonable, I might pick some up this weekend and give them a try.

TIA

Laura

Joined January 2002

SW 266.6 Goal 165

Lean (leg and loin cuts with all visible fat trimmed), cooked, 1 slice, 2 oz (3)

Lean (leg and loin cuts with all visible fat trimmed), cooked, 1 chop, 2 oz (3)

My favorite way to do lamb is under the broiler. I have a recipe that I use ALL the time for Greek Lamb Chops. If you don't want to, you can skip the feta & tomato (I do that sometimes):

1 clove garlic -- mashed (I just use minced)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 teaspoons olive oil

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1/4 teaspoon each, pepper and grated lemon peel

2 lamb shoulder chops (5 ounces each)

1 small plum tomato -- cut in 4 slices

1 ounce feta cheese -- crumbled

Mash together garlic and salt to form a paste; add lemon juice, oil, thyme, pepper and lemon peel and continue to mash until well combined; set aside.

On rack in broiling pan broil lamb chops until browned on top, about 5 minutes. Turn chops over and spread each chop with 1/4 of the thyme mixture; broil until browned, 4 to 5 minutes longer. Set 2 tomato slices on each chop, then top each with 1/2 ounce feta cheese and half of the remaining thyme mixture. Broil until cheese softens and is glazed, about 2 minutes.

Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

I also do mine this way--it is so good. Just be sure you plan for the points. I always want more meat, but try to not eat more than 3 or 4 points. Also you can put salt, pepper, sage and fresh garlic and broil or bake in oven. I bake lamb at 350 for about 40 minutes-check for doneness. Happy eating.

Hugs,

Sharon_PrplQuill.gif

Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************