Health Discovery Network
SSKatie

ALL-TIME FAVORITE RECIPES OF BCB

MAIN DISH

I have made this several times and the family just loves it.. If you like chinese food then you will love this reciepe..

Sweet and Sour Pork

1 Cup=6 pts

1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into cubes or strips

2 tblsp cornstarch

1/3 cup water

1/4 cup rice vinegar (I just used white vinegar)

1/4 cup sugar

3 tblsp ketchup

2 tblsp reduced sodium soy sauce

1 tblsp canola oil

1 tblsp minced peeled fresh ginger (I used 1 tsp. of the powder)

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch peices

1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice, drained

1. Combine the pork with 1 tblsp of the cornstarch, toss well and set aside. Combine the remaining cornstarch, water, vinegar, sugar, ketchup and soy sauce in small bowl and set aside.

2. Heat a non-stick wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil then add the pork and stir-fry until almost cooked through (2-3 minutes). Add the ginger and garlic, stir-fry another 30 seconds. Add the pepper and pineapple, stir-fry until tender crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the vinegar mixture and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils and thickens and the pork is cooked through, 1-2 minutes.

Per serving (1 cup) is 6 points! I served it over white rice for another 2 points. Definitely a great recipe!

fribbit

restart:

sw 176

cw 135.5

ww gw 141

my gw 130

start ww 8/22/02

sw 198

goal 129!! made it!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/fribbitspage

SIDE DISH

Vegetable Fried Rice 3 points per serving | makes 6 servings

2 large eggs, lightly beaten

2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger

2 cups cooked brown rice

1.5 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed

2 scallions, chopped

2 tablespoons reduce-sodium soy sauce

1 tablespoon mirin wine

1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until firm, 2-3 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a small bowl.

2. Heat the oil in the same skillet, then add the garlic and ginger. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice and mixed vegetables and cook until hot, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the eggs, scallions, soy sauce, mirin and salt; cook until hot, about 2 minutes.

Per serving (1/2 cup): 131 calories, 4g total fat, 1g sat fat, 71 mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 19g total carbs, 2g dietary fiber, 5g protein, 34mg calcium

**cook's hint - This is a great dish to make with leftover, cold cooked rice because the grains are drier and tend not to break during cooking.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Guest Nix

This one is delicious & so easy. Points are the same for various pieces of baked chicken.

MAIN DISH/CROCKPOT

Deli-Roasted Chicken

1 Chicken (whole)

Pam Olive Oil Spray

Lawry's Seasoned Salt

Aluminum Foil

Clean chicken inside & out & spray w/olive oil spray. Sprinkle w/Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Spray inside of crockpot w/Pam. Do not put any water into crockpot. Roll wads of aluminum foil into balls & put in bottom of crockpot. Put chicken (back side down) on aluminum balls. (This will keep the chicken out of the liquid that it makes while cooking). Cook on high 4-6 hours.

Nix

This is a favorite of everyone I have served it to.

Main Dish

Crockpot Sour Cream Salsa Chicken

Recipe By :Weight Watchers

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves

1 package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix

1 cup salsa

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup light sour cream

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with Taco Seasoning. Top with salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot. Place about 2 T cornstach in a small amount of water. Stir well. Stir the cornstarch mixture into salsa sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup of sour cream.

Source:

"Adapted from recipe at WW web site (http://www.weightwatchers.com)"

[ November 13, 2003, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: WWloser-118.8 ]

Kathy

Over goal and not happy

MAIN DISH

LF CHICKEN POT PIE

servings:4

Mix 1 or 2 chicken boullion cubes with boiling water (about 1 1/2 cups), then add in about 1 cup skim milk. Add about 8 oz diced chicken, 1 can potatoes - diced, at least 1 can mixed veggies (can use frozen or fresh too). Mix in a little corn starch. Then, pour into a casserole dish (I use a round 2 quart) and top with 1 package refrigerator rolls (or biscuits or whatever you prefer). Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until rolls start to brown nicely. Let rest about 5 minutes to thicken. Then serve.

Please note that points will vary depending on what kind of rolls you use, but I usually just buy the cheapest, storebrand kind.

254/224/154

Guest maribeth

I make this very often, and Orzo with Spinach on the side. I started using the recipe after Dina posted it with her weekly menus back in 2000, and I have not managed to update all my recipes each time the points change.

MAIN DISH

* Exported from MasterCook *

OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN PARMESAN

Recipe By: More Healthy Homestyle Cooking by Evelyn Tribole

Serving Size: 4 Preparation Time: 0:00

Categories: Poultry

1 t. olive oil

1 garlic clove -- minced

2 t. water

1 t. Worcestershire sauce

1 egg white

1/4 t. salt

2/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese -- (3-oz.)

1/2 c. finely crushed cornflakes

1/3 c. chopped flat-leaf parsley

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.

In a small microwaveable cup, combine the oil and garlic. Cook in the microwave on high power for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.

In a shallow bowl, beat together the water, Worcestershire sauce, egg white, and salt. Stir in the garlic mixture.

In another shallow bowl, combine the cheese, cornflake crumbs, and parsley.

Dip a chicken breast in the egg white mixture to coat. Dredge in the cornflake crumb mixture to coat completely. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Lightly coat the chicken with nonstick spray (this will make it crispier when baking). Bake for 35 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160 degrees F and the juices run clear.

Makes 4 servings.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES: Per serving, per recipe: 286 calories; 9 g. fat; 1 g. fiber; 86 mg. cholesterol; 682 mg. sodium

6 POINTS

Guest maribeth

SIDE DISH

Here is the Orzo with Spinach to go with the Oven-Fried Chicken Parmesan. I tend to go heavy on the spinach and tomatoes. Again, the points are based on calculations made in 2000 when I first made the recipe posted after it was posted.

I often use the microwaveable baby spinach, skipping the chicken broth altogether.

* Exported from MasterCook *

ORZO with SPINACH

Recipe By: More Healthy Homestyle Cooking by Evelyn Tribole

Serving Size: 6 Preparation Time: 0:00

Categories: Sides & Salads

2 T. fat-free chicken broth

1 (10-oz.) bag washed baby spinach

4 t. pine nuts

2 garlic cloves -- chopped

2 Roma tomatoes -- chopped

1 1/2 c. orzo

1/2 t. salt

2 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Combine the broth and spinach in a large skillet. (The pan will be rather full.) Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted and tender. The volume will reduce by at least half. When the spinach is cool enough to handle, wrap in a paper towel and squeeze to extract as much liquid as possible. Coarsely chop.

Wipe out the skillet and lightly coat with nonstick spray. Add the pine nuts and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the pine nuts are golden. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach. Cook for 1 minute to give the ingredients time to blend. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to the skillet with the spinach mixture and salt. Toss to mix. Sprinkle with the cheese.

Makes 6 servings.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES: Per serving, per recipe: 177 calories; 3 g. fat; 3 g. fiber; 2 mg. cholesterol, 263 mg. sodium

3 POINTS

MAIN DISH

My family loves this one smile.gif

Stove Top Meatloaf

2 pounds of 96% lean ground beef (24 points)

1 package Stove Top Stuffing - I use the Low Sodium Chicken flavor (12 points)

1/2 cup eggbeaters (2 points)

1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and add a bit of ketchup and dijon mustard (optional). Divide into 2 loaves, coat with a thin layer of ketchup or barbeque sauce and bake for 45 minutes or more until meat is no longer pink.

Serves - 8

WW Winning Points - 4.75 per serving (I count it as 5 points to cover the ketchup that I use)

Total recipe is 38 points so you can choose to get more or less servings depending on how many points you have to spend. ****Be sure to adjust points if you use a different grade of beef. This is delicious (even for people who normally don't like meatloaf). Hope you enjoy .

Jean - 330/215/150

Roasted Vegetables by WWCarol, Nomo, and Charski

Roasted Vegetables:

1.(WW Carol) I cut vegetables into 2” chunks (or so). I line a big rimmed cookie sheet with Reynolds “No Stick” aluminum foil and drip some olive oil on and smear it around. Put veggies onto the foil and spray (Misto) with olive oil and sprinkle on some kosher salt. Lay veggies in single layer, with some space between them. Preheat oven to 425-450 degrees. Roast 20 minutes (or more), or until they begin to brown and are tender. Shake pan every 5 minutes or so. Roast like-vegetables at the same time, or you made need to remove some that finish before the rest.

2.”roasting concentrates the flavor and carmelizes/browns the edges of every veg i've tried.

cut any combination of vegs you like into pieces.chunks or wedges onions. bell peppers. eggplant, zuchini, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, red potatoes, even brocoli and cauliflower, beets, fennel,. cherry tomatoes halved, 2nd rate tomatoes become rich and yummy when roasted. also , i often toss in whole heads of garlic.

put in a bowl. toss with a very little olive oil 1 and 1/2 teaspoon will coat a big bowl.and a good amount of coarse salt, pepper, chopped garlic if you like. put in roasting pan. i sometimes use a cookie sheet(with sides)don't pile vegs on top of each other because they'll steam instead of dry roast. put in 375 oven uncovered,30 - 60 min. some take longer than others i sometimes put like vegs together so i can pull them out as they finish. sorry this isn't more scientific, but you really can't mess it up.

when they're done to your liking they will store in refrig.” Nomo

3.”try my all time favorite...fresh green beans! Man, I can eat a whole panfull by myself! I roast them at 425* til they just start to brown, turn them over with a spatula and let 'em brown up a little more...they ARE SO GOOD! Asparagus is great this way too.

DH begs me to make roasted veggies...the trouble with it is, in my opinion, it takes time to cut those puppies up, I make two pans full at a time, and 20-40 minutes to roast them, then we eat nearly ALL of them at one sitting...they're that good!” Charski

Count your vegetable points and your oil points. smile.gif

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

SOUPS

ZUCCHINI AND HOMINY SOUP

Serves 8 = 2pts a serving

Hominy is a flavorful, chewy type of corn

kernel that is treated with lime and dried. It is available either canned, frozen, or dried. I use canned hominy. You can substitute frozen corn kernels for an even more colorful soup.

2 Tablespoons apple juice

1 onion, diced

3 cloves garlic, minced

4 zucchini, sliced

1 cup peeled and chopped mild green chile peppers (4 oz can chiles, undrained)

6 cups vegetable broth (fatfree chicken broth)

4 cups cooked yellow hominy (or 2 16-oz. cans)

1 teaspoon ground cumin

2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro

Saute the onion and garlic in apple juice for 3-5 minutes. Add

zucchini and green chiles and cook over medium heat, stirring

occasionally, another five minutes. Add broth, hominy, and

cumin and simmer, covered, over low heat for 45 minutes. Stir

in cilantro and serve.

Total Calories Per Serving: 89; Fat: 1 gram

This is a staple winter recipe for me. Yummy!

SOUPS

Ah, can't forget this classic soup! I can't believe no one posted this yet... smile.gif

Spicy Pumpkin Soup

15 oz canned Pumpkin

1 cup celery

1/2 cup carrots

1/2 cup onion

1/2 tsp table salt

1/2 tsp ground oregano

1/2 tsp dried rosemary

1/4 tsp ground red pepper

4 cups FF chicken broth

1 cups canned diced tomatoes

In a 4-quart crockery cookery cooker place first 8 ingredients in and mix together. Be sure all veggies are chopped. Gradually stir in broth.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours. Stir in chopped tomatoes.

Add a dollop of FF sour cream if you like.

0 Points

This came from the message boards!

Dessert/Cakes

Cherry Angelfood Cake WW pts-3

Ingredients:

1 package angel food cake mix

1 can Light Cherry Pie Filling

Instructions:

1. Combine both ingredients in large bowl.

2. Mix by hand or Mix on medium speed with electric mixer.

3. Bake in accordance with cake mix box.

Serves 12

Calories: 136.5

Fat grams: 0.2

Fiber grams: 0.1

W/W Points: 3

Notes:

If you cut the cake in eighths the following nutritional information apply:

Calories: 204.7

Fat grams: 0.2

Fiber grams: 0.2

W/W Points: 4

YOU CAN ALSO MAKE IN CUPCAKES (MAKES 24 CUPCAKES) and THE FOLLOWING NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION APPLIES:

Calories: 68.2

Fat grams: 0.1

Fiber grams: 0.1

W/W Points: 1

Can also use a 20oz. can of crushed pineapple in it's own juice.

[ December 14, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: quilting lady ]

You have to have a dream to have a dream come true

272/146

Hi everyone this recipe is one of my ABSOLUTE favorites, its great if your looking for pizza, and its really filling. I use a little less ground beef, I add spinach, chopped peppers, onions, a little garlic, and chunky garden style tomato sauce (ragu)

Look under the Pizza catergory to see all the variations and substitutons people have made.

From Laurdee

Deep-Dish Pizza Casserole

Recipe by : Cooking Light

Makes 6 servings at 6 points each

1 pound ground round

1 15 ounce can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce

cooking spray

1 10 ounce can refrigerated pizza crust dough

6 1 ounce slices part-skim mozzarelly cheese -- divided

Cook meat in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until

browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary and return to

skillet. Add tomato sauce, and cook until heated. While meat cooks,

coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Unroll pizza crust dough, and

press into bottom and halfway up sides of baking dish. Line bottom

of pizza crust with 3 slices mozzarella cheese. Top with meat

mixture. Bake, uncovered at 425 for 12 minutes. Top with remaining

3 cheese slices, and bake 5 additional minutes or until crust is

browned and cheese melts.

Cool 5 minutes before serving.

Notes~~ I brown my meat in the microwave in a colander, so all the

fat drips out. Next time I make this, I will add some mushrooms.

Might be good also, made with ground turkey.

Yum Yum

Savory Chicken and Vegetables

8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 ½ pounds) (I use breasts)

2 cups chicken broth

1 tsp. salt

¼ tsp. pepper

8 ounces pearl onions

6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

Bouquet Garni (below)

1 bag (1 pound) baby-cut carrots

1 pound small whole button mushrooms

2 T Gold Medal all-purpose flour

2 T cold water

1. Place chicken in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except mushrooms, flour and salt.

2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.

3. Remove any fat from surface. Remove Bouquet Garni. Stir in mushrooms. Mix flour and water, stir into chicken mixture.

4. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 30 minutes or until thickened. 8 servings.

Bouquet Garni: Tie 4 sprigs parsley, 2 dried bay leaves and 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves in cheesecloth bag or place in tea ball.

I haven't figured out the points for this yet but using chicken breasts it should be right about the same points for plain chicken.

Penny

SW 213.8

CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)

GW 150

Wife to Eugene :buddysmoo

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

MUFFINS

This recipe has got me through thick and thin (literally :D )and came from BCB at the start of my WW journey way back in 2001.

BIG BATCH BRAN MUFFINS

15 oz all bran cereal (I use Fiber One)

2 cups raisins

6 pitted dates, finely chopped

2 cups boiling water

4 1/2 cups + 3 TB all purpose flour

1 TB + 2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. saly

2 cups low fat buttermilk (I use 1%)

4 eggs

1/2 cup orange marmalade spreadable fruit (I use ED Smith)

1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce (a 14 oz can)

1 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup + 2 TB veg oil

2 tsp vanilla extract

In large bowl, combine cereal, reasins and dates: pour in boiling water and stir until softened. Set aside. In another large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; make a well in centre and set aside. In food processor or blender, combine 1 cup of the buttermilk, the eggs and the marmalade; puree until smooth. Pout the buttermilk mixture into a separate large bowl and add the remaining cup of buttermilk, the applesauce, sugar, oil and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pout into well in flour mixture and stir just until blended. Add reserved cereal mixture and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 24 hr before using. When ready to use, preheat oven to 375 deg.F. Spray 24 2 3/4" muffin pans (I make 12 at a time and they freeze well) with Pam. Spoon batter evenly into prepared cups, filling each about 2/3 full; bake 20-25 min or until golden and puffy. Remaining batter will keep for a month in the frig. Makes 60 muffins.

SERVING (1 MUFFIN) PROVIDES: 1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit. 3/4 bread, 20 opt. calories; 3 gm fat, 3 gm. fiber

Per servibg: cal: 123

fat: 3 gm total

Chol: 14mg

Sodium: 185 mg

Carb.:23g

Fiber: 3 gm

Protein: 3g

Calcium: 21 mg

I calculate 2 WW points per muffin

Diana thumbup.gif

Lifetime Feb'03

Main Dishes

Spaghetti Pie

6 ounces uncooked spaghetti (12 points)

5 Tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese (5 points)

1/2 cup egg substitute ( 2 points)

12 ounces boca burger crumbles ( 6 points)

1 med. onion, chopped

1/2 med. green pepper, chopped

1 & 1/2 cups light spaghetti sauce ( 6 points)

1 cup fat-free cottage cheese ( 3 points)

1/4 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese ( 3 points)

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well and cool to room temp. In a bowl, combine the spaghetti, parmesan cheese, and egg sub.Transfer to a 9" pie plate coated with non-stick spray and form into a crust; set aside.

In a nonstick skillet over med. heat, cook onion and green pepper for 5 minutes, add boca crumbles; drain. Add spghetti sauce; heat through. Spread cottage cheese over spaghetti crust; top with boca mixture. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.

Yield 6 serving

Points per serving 6

Fallen, but not defeated!

Ham & Cheese Pie

servings | 4

estimated POINTS per serving | 4

1 1/2 cups cooked lean ham, cubed

4 oz. 2% cheddar cheese, shredded (or may use Swiss cheese)

1/4 cups onion, diced

1/2 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick baking mix

1/8 t. pepper

½ c. Egg Beaters

1 c. skim milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9" pie plate. Sprinkle ham, cheese and onions in pie plate. Stir bisquick, milk, salt, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into pie plate. Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes

**This is kind of reminds me of a quiche. Very yummy!**

~Fort~<br /><br />SW 256/CW 244/Goal#1 236<br /><br />Ya-Ya Name: Marchioness Parties Like a Rockstar

Crazy Pizza

Makes 6 servings (4.5 points)

Ingredients

8 oz lean beef or turkey (90%)

1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (one 2.5 oz jar), drained

1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/3 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)

1 3/4 Hunt's Tomato sauce - 15 oz can

1 tbsp sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet (optional)

1 tsp Italian seasoning

1 can Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits - 7.5 oz can

1/3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded

1/3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with olive-flavored

cooking spray. In a large skillet sprayed with olive-flavored cooking spray,

brown meat. Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion and olives. Mix well to combine.

Stir in tomato sauce, Sugar Twin, and Italian seasoning. Remove skillet from heat.

Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Gently stir biscuit pieces into

meat mixture. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle

shredded Cheddar and mozzarella cheese evenly over the top. Continue baking until

cheese melts, about 10 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set 5 minutes.

**A family favorite!!**

~Fort~<br /><br />SW 256/CW 244/Goal#1 236<br /><br />Ya-Ya Name: Marchioness Parties Like a Rockstar

Chocolate Macaroons

1 box of Betty Crocker Low Fat Brownie Mix

2 1/2 cups of wheat bran

1 cup of juice (any type...experiment)

bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Do NOT wait until they LOOK done. Apparently, bran tends to taste like cardboard when it is overcooked. The recipe makes 24 LARGE cookies @ 1pt each. Each cookie is 2tbsp of dough.

BUT, don't eat more than 2 of these...trust me, you'll regret it! They are EXTREMELY high in fiber!

**These cookies will fill you up and satisfy a chocolate craving**

I have several more favs but I don't want to be at the pc all night! lol

Pineapple Oat Bran Muffins: 2 points

By Charski

WWCarol~ I made these yesterday...Make them! You won't be sorry! thumbup.gif :D

"If you're interested in trying oat bran, here's my favorite:

Pineapple Oat Bran Muffins

1 1/2 cups oat bran

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 1/4 cups nonfat milk (I use Vanilla Silk soymilk)

8 ounces crushed canned pineapple including juice

1/2 cup egg substitute

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 tablespoon baking powder

Mix together oat bran through egg subtitute and let sit for a few minutes while you mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry to wet and stir just to blend. Fill 12 muffin cups which have been sprayed with nonstick spray and bake at 350* about 20-22 minutes, til pick inserted comes out clean. I point these at 2 points per muffin.

I frequently add one or more of the following:

dried cranberries

dried cherries

fresh or frozen blueberries

chopped pitted dates

chopped nuts

I also add 5 tablespoons of psyllium husk, this ups the fiber content considerably but makes the muffins more "dense" - which I like anyway!

Another favorite which adds no additional points is to sprinkle the tops before baking with a mixture of Splenda and cinnamon.

I usually make a double batch so I can use a whole can of crushed pineapple; besides, DH eats these 2 per day so they don't last long. They freeze well too!"

Charski

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

**MUFFINS**

1 Point Banana Muffins

1 1/2 c. flour

1/4 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. Splenda

1 1/4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp cinnamon

2 egg whites

1 c. banana, mashed

1/4 c. applesauce (no sugar added)

Combine flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda & cinnamon.

Add egg whites, banana and applesauce.

Stir just until combined.

Pour into a 12 small muffin pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

(You can also make large muffins using a large 6 muffin pan = 2 Points. Bake time remains the same.)

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

LOST: 102.2 lbs

5'10"

**MAIN DISHES**

Low Fat Shrimp Fettuccini

1 lb peeled and de-veined shrimp

1 c fat free cottage cheese

1/2 c fat free cream cheese

1/2 c evaporated skim milk

8 tbsp ICBINB spray

2 tbsp parsley

8 tbsp parmesan cheese

4 c cooked/drained fettuccini noodles

garlic and pepper to taste

Place cottage cheese, cream cheese and evaporated milk in blender.

Blend until very smooth, like cream. Set aside.

In sauce pan, sauté shrimp in ICBINB spray.

Add sauce to shrimp, stir and simmer 1 to 2 minutes.

Add parmesan cheese and parsley.

Serve over hot cooked noodles.

Serves 4

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

LOST: 102.2 lbs

5'10"