Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Sweetchick

Deep-fried turkey

This Thanksgiving I’m going to my SIL house and she is planning on deep-frying the turkey. Can anyone tell me about the points on this process? Deep frying doesn’t sound healthy! Thanks

If it’s meant to be it can only happen by me!

If they do it right, from what I understand the meat itself absorbs very little oil. If you take off the skin you should be OK.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

My hubby fries one every year now. The turkey really is not greasy. I think the high heat sears the meat and doesn't allow the oil to get inside. I agree, as long as you take the skin off, it's okay. By the way, they're really good!

Tina

It'll be the tastiest turkey you ever had. Don't eat the skin. The hot oil sears the skin so the turkey doesn't soak up the oil and the juices are kept in to keep it moist.

During the year, I get Jennie-O Cajun style turkey breast at the Food Lion deli counter - its deep fried and 98% fat free. A lot of time it goes on sale for buy a pound get a pound free.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.