Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
SSKatie

Ideas for gravy in jars??

Hi guys! Bought some Heinz gravy in jars on sale, and wondered if my buddies had some ideas for it. I got chicken, turkey, pork, and beef gravy--between 20 & 25 cals., & 0 to 1 gram fat per 1/4 cup. I know I can pour it over stuff, but cooking with it? Any ideas?

Thanks a million! smile.gif

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Hi Katie -

With the beef gravy you can make beef stroganoff and you could do a lowfat chicken pot pie with the chicken gravy.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. If I think or find anymore I'll let you know.

Laura

Joined January 2002

SW 266.6 Goal 165

OOOO good ideas, Laura! Any more will be appreciated, too! thumbup.gif

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

I make swiss steak with the fat free gravy cans and all I do is brown cubed steaks with a little flour coating and then chop up onion and mushrooms and cook it the pan. I add the gravy and a little tomato sauce or paste and it is great and not high in points I can't remember what the points are now but I did figure it out and you can too with what you decide to put in.

The main thing is my kids ask for it!