Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sexymama

goodies and desserts

Guest sexymama

Buddies, I am looking for some low point

desserts and snacks. Especially chocolate.

Any ideas??? What are your favourites?

Here's one my dh likes. They smell good, but the All Bran Extra Fiber has aspartame in it and that's problematic for me, so I haven't tried them. Next time I make them, I'll do it with some other type of high fiber bran cereal that's unsweetened.

Also, have you checked the desserts forum? (Expand it so it shows everything, not just the last 20 days, and you'll find lots of desserts.)

Cathy

-----

Chocolate Muffins

3 Cups All Bran Extra Fiber Cereal

2-1/2 Cups Water

1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder

1 Box Sweet Rewards Brownie Mix

Soak cereal in water for about 5 minutes. Add baking powder and brownie mix. Fill muffin tins about 1/2 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes

Makes 30 muffins at 1 point each

Speedy Little Devils

1 (18.25 oz) pkg. devil's food cake mix, divided

1/3 cup light butter, melted & divided

1/2 cup reduced-fat creamy p'nut butter

1/4 cup fat free milk

1 (7-oz) jar marshmallow creme

1 (2 1/2 oz) jar prune baby food

1 Tblsp. water

Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine 1 1/2 cup cake mix and 2 Tblsp butter in medium bowl; toss with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.

Combine p'nut butter and milk, stirring until smooth. Gently stir in marshmallow creeme.

Combine remaining cake mix, remaining butter, babyfood and water in a bowl; stir just until moist. Spread batter in a 13 x 9 baking pan coated with cooking spray. Pour p'nut butter mixture evenly over batter, spreading to edge of pan. Sprinkle with reserved cake mix mixture.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. (mixture will not be set). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

Yields: 24 bars.

159 Calories; 5.8 g Fat; 0.9 Fiber

Success is a journey not a destination!

For a chocolate fix I do the sugar free hot chocolate with little whip cream. Since its hot it will take you a little while to get down & you will get your chocolate fix. Plus it won't blow the budget on points.

Vickie - sw 252.3 cw 242.0 gw 180

Im with Vicki, I love Hot Chocolate. Just make sure its Swiss Miss, it uses splend instead of aspertame. Sometimes I add a point worth of peppermint or butterscotch schnapps. mmm mmm good!

Cheers,

Christina

Cheers,

Christina

187/142/WWG142

DD born 9/9/2003

Personal goal 135

Punky Butterbutt

Kira Rayne

I also love hot cocoa! I've tried all the packets out there but I love my recipe (after several horrid attempts) the best ---

Paris’ Perfect Hot Cocoa

1 cup 1% Milk

2 tbsp Fat-Free Half & Half

3 tbsp Sugar-Free DaVinci syrup of choice

1 tbsp Cocoa

2 Packets Splenda

In a small glass-measuring cup, combine the milk and half & half. Microwave on high for 2 ½ minutes. In a mug, combine the syrup, cocoa, and Splenda. Stir rapidly. Add ¼ of the milk to the mug and continue to stir rapidly until all lumps disappear. Add the rest of the milk and stir. Enjoy!

Serves 1 @ 2 points.

And since it uses a whole cup of milk you can count it as a dairy serving!

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14