Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest szten

super bowl ideas

Guest szten

My brother invited me for a party, I am afraid of what is going to be there to eat. I concerned that there is going to be a lot of the usual high fat high calorie items (chips, dip...) you all know the drill. My question, any ideas for items I can bring?

My thoughts were:

Party bites

shrimp on a cracker

kiss cookies

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks buddies,

H

We're having our own little party here, but instead of the usual high fat, convenience foods I've found some WW recipes to try.

seven-layer mexican dip - 1 pt. per serving

spicy bbq meatballs - 1 pt. per serving

jalapeno poppers - 2 pts. per serving

skinny pigs-in-a-blanket - 3 pts. per serving

So, not only will I stay OP, but my family won't be eating all that "nasty" stuff I used to serve ;) LMK if you're interested in any of the recipes and I'll post them later.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

After reading all the good stuff your having. Yes, please post the recipes. I will follow suit.

That is great. Thanks !!

Janet wave.gif

Joined WW May 5,2003<br />SW: 237<br />CW: 186.8<br />GW: 130 <br />Joined Curves on 8/6/03. Love it!<br /><br />"Always take care of You first".

Seven-layer Mexican Dip

1 cup fat-free sour cream

2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium taco seasoning

9 oz fat-free bean dip, about 1 heaping cup

6 oz guacamole, about 3/4 cup

1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese

4 medium scallions, chopped

1 small tomato, chopped

6 medium olives, black, sliced

Combine sour cream and taco seasoning; mix well.

Spread bean dip on bottom of 12-inch round glass serving bowl or edged platter. Top with guacamole, sour cream, cheese, scallions, tomatoes and olives. Yields about 1/4 cup dip per serving/12 servings/1 pt. per serving

spicy bbq meatballs

1 1/2 pound lean ground turkey

3/4 cup uncooked quick oats

2 medium egg whites

1 large onion, finely chopped

1 medium garlic clove, chopped

1/4 cup parsley, chopped

1 tsp dried oregano

1 1/2 tsp beef bouillon granules

1/2 tsp black pepper

1 1/4 cup barbecue sauce

Preheat oven to 350*F. Combine all ingredients, except barbecue sauce, in a medium-size bowl; mix well.

Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Shape meatball mixture into sixty 1-inch balls; place on baking sheet.

Bake at 350*F until cooked through, about 25 minutes. Transfer meatballs to a chafing dish or crockpot to keep warm.

Meanwhile, heat barbecue sauce over medium-high heat until hot. Pour sauce over cooked meatballs, toss gently and serve. Yields 2 meatballs per serving/30 servings/1 pt. per serving

Jalapeno Poppers

1 serving olive oil cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)

2 oz light cream cheese

1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese

1 Tbsp fat-free mayonnaise

8 medium jalapeno peppers

1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute

3/4 cup cornflake crumbs

Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise; mix well and set aside. Halve jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds. Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.

Place egg substitute in a shallow dish. Place cornflake crumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip stuffed jalapeno halves into egg substitute and then roll in cornflake crumbs to coat.

Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.

Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve hot. Yields 2 poppers per serving/8 servings/2 pts. per serving

Skinny Pig in a Blanket

2 1/2 cups reduced-fat all purpose baking mix

1/4 cup low-fat milk

8 reduced-fat chicken or turkey hot dogs, cut in half

Preheat oven to 450*F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.

Combine the baking mix and milk in a bowl until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a surface lightly sprinkled with baking mix. Knead 10 times.

Roll the dough into an 8 x 12-inch retangle. Cut the dough into 8 squares. Cut each square in half to form 2 triangles. Starting from the narrow end, wrap each triangle around a hot dog half. Place on the baking sheet.

Bake until golden and browned, about 10 minutes. Serve hot. Yields 1 appetizer per serving/16 servings/3 pts. per serving

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Guest szten

Wow!! This sounds great!! Thanks for the suggestions.... It should be a good party. Have a great weekend everyone!

Heidi

Hot Crab Dip

INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup fat-free sour cream

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 tablespoon grated fresh onion

1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

3/4 tsp. dry mustard

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1 (8-oz) tub light cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese

1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed

Cooking spray

Paprika

INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat oven to 325.

Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir in cheddar cheese and crabmeat.

Spoon crabmeat mixture into a 1-1/2 quart casserole coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve warm with crackers or breadsticks.

NUTRITIONAL INFO:

WW Points: 1 per 2 tablespoons

cal 43; fat 2 g; protein 4.8 g; carb 1.2 g; fiber 0g

Mini Frittatas with Ham

INGREDIENTS:

Cooking spray

1/2 c. finely chopped onion

2/3 c. chopped reduced fat ham (about 2 oz)

1/3 c. (about 1 1/2 oz) shredded reduced fat extra sharp cheddar cheese

2 T. chopped fresh chives

1/8 tsp. dried thyme

1/8 tsp. black pepper

4 large egg whites

1 large egg

INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.

Add onion; saute 2 min or until crisp-tender.

Add ham; saute 3 min. Remove from heat; cool 5 min.

Combine cheese and remaining 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.

Add ham mixture, stirring with a whisk. Spoon ham mixture into 24 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350 for 20 min or until set.

NUTRITIONAL INFO:

WW Points: 1 per serving

Cal=39; Fat=1.3g; Fiber=.4g

Spankaopita

INGREDIENTS:

1 (10 oz) bag frozen spinach leaves

1 bunch green onions, sliced

1 bunch parsley

1 bunch fresh mint

1/2 lb feta, crumbled

1 package (17- by 12-inch) phyllo sheets, thawed

Cooking Spray

INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Remove stems from parsley and mint bunches. Chop green onions.

Thaw spinach in colander, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a food processor bowl, and add parsley, mint, onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and feta. Process by pulsing several times, until all ingredients are mixed but not pureed.

Cover phyllo stack with 2 overlapping sheets of plastic wrap and then a dampened kitchen towel.

Take 1 phyllo sheet from stack and arrange on a work surface with a long side nearest you (keeping remaining sheets covered) and spray with cooking spray. Top with another phyllo sheet and spray again. Cut buttered phyllo stack crosswise into 6 (roughly 12- by 2 3/4-inch) strips.

Put a heaping teaspoon of filling near 1 corner of a strip on end nearest you, then fold corner of phyllo over to enclose filling and form a triangle. Continue folding strip (like a flag), maintaining triangle shape. Put triangle, seam side down, on a large baking sheet and spray with more cooking spray. Make more triangles in same manner, using all of phyllo.

Bake triangles in middle of oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool slightly.

WW Points: 2 per serving

Also making the 7-layer dip and serving with baked chips.

Main course will be some sort of chili or soup, not sure what yet. Probably some chips too.

Also having a big tray of raw veggies (all kinds) with a ff ranch dip and cocktail sauce (we dip cauliflower in it). Probably have some shrimp cocktails too.

Maureen

235/186.2/155

Made Goal 1/26/05:crazy:

Made Lifetime 3/9/05:headover:

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!:)