Health Discovery Network
SSKatie

QUICK, QUICK, QUICK!

Wow, some of these ideas are really great, I will have to try Paris' tip for adding wine/sherry into soups & sauces.

Some of my favorite lazy & quick dinners are:

Annie's Organic Shells & Cheddar (6 points for 1/2 of the box if you make it with skim milk) mixed with 1 cup of frozen baby peas. You can stick the peas in the water as the macaroni is boiling to save time & dishes. :)

Grilled Cheese & Tomato ... 2 slices of light mulitgrain bread with 1 light laughing cow cheese and 1 to 2 slices of lowfat sliced cheese, a few slices of good tomato, and spritz each exposed side of the bread with butter-flavor nonstick cooking spray. Takes 5 minutes in the frying pan, or you can slap it on the George Foreman.

Meatball Parm - I buy frozen chicken meatballs that are 1 point each, microwave 2 of them in 1/2 cup of 1 point marinara sauce until all is hot & cooked, chop up the meatballs, stick them on a low-point bread (anything from 1-point tortillas to WW Bagels will work here), sprinkle with 1-2 points worth of lowfat or fat free cheese, and broil til perfect. Great with a quick salad or some frozen spinach on the side.

I have also been known to make even lazier dinners like scrambled eggbeaters (toss in some chopped veggies & lowfat cheese if you want), reduced fat peanut butter & banana on toast, or even ... cereal. I eat like a kid sometimes. :D Hope any of this was helpful.

Gillian / SW: 273.0 / CW: 245.8 (7/25/2009) / GW: 145.0

Alfredo Penne, Peas & Chicken

4 oz Dreamfields penne or whole wheat penne

1 cup peas, thawed from frozen

6 oz chicken, cooked and diced or shredded

3/4 cup Ragu Parmesan & Mozz cheese creations sauce

Cook the pasta according to directions and drain. Mix cooked pasta with peas and chicken in a pot over medium heat. Add the cheese sauce and combine. Cook until heated through.

If you use leftover pasta this can be done in five minutes; 15 if cooking from dry.

Serves 2 HUGE portions @ 8 points each.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

Guest irish*rose

i just thew together 1 cn of kidney beans, can of corn, instead of using tomatoes i used mild salsa, and aded about 1/4 lb lean grnd beef. Then put it on a tortilla..yummy, the whole thing is less than 4 pts. 3 for the tortilla, and 1 for 1/6 of the bowl, I know I will get more than 6 servings out of it, but am still counting it as one point

This is quick, and YUMMY! My husband couldn't believe this was OP.

4 PTS each - Chili Cheese Coney's

4 Nature's Own wheat no-sugar hot dog buns (1PT each)

4 Ballpark fat free hot dogs (1PT each)

Hormel Turkey Chili (1 cup - 1 PT)

4 slices 2% american cheese singles (1PT each)

Warm up the chili and the dogs. Fix them however you like, we added, for no extra points, spicy mustard, chopped onions and jalapeno slices. Melt the cheese on the dogs and chili about 1 minute in the microwave - I was stuffed for 8 PTS!!!:jumprope:

SW (2/11/05): 185.8

CW (4/12/05): 173.2

GOAL: 135 - 38.5 to go!

And all Core too!

Green Bean Casserole (But not the kind you're thinking of)

1-2 lbs. 96% fat free ground beef

chopped onion to taste

4-5 potatoes, peeled and quartered

1 can green beans, retain liquid

salt & pepper

Shape ground beef into meatballs. Make them any size, as many as you can out of the meat that you have. Place in a large skillet (I use cast iron). Sprinkle chopped onion (I used dried) over meatballs. Place quartered potatoes on top of meatballs. Pour can of green beans and liquid into skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low to medium until potatoes are folk tender, about 20-25 minutes.

Serve potatoes with ICBINB, catsup with meatballs if you want. Liquid from green beans flavors both the meat and the potatoes and it's very tasty.

Guest tobigformybritches

HI,

What are Morning Star crumbles. This is a nice site getting lots of idea's. I have only been in WW a week. Tomorrow my first WI.

The crumbles are by Morning Star Farms and are a soy alternative to ground beef. You can find them in the frozen food section of most stores.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Guest irish*rose

I took one of the throw together recipies and added some to it...

1/2 lb grnd turkey

1 can corn

1 cup salsa

1 cn kidney beans

I put it over some rice and add a little mozzerella and even hubby loves it!! He is very picky.

Bumping up, look at all these quick meals!!

Mine is to halve yellow hot peppers (hot wax) clean and line a pie plate. Layer 1/2# browned meat on top (I added some tomatoe sauce for moisture) top with 2% mex cheezse or the WW mex cheese bake 350 for 30 minutes . Awesome

I'm bumping this because I just found a slew of good ideas in this thread! :bcb_up

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)