Health Discovery Network
jendear75

Pumpkin Smoothie

This is my version of the pumpkin smoothie recipe my leader handed out. I tweaked it just a little bit.

Pumpkin Smoothie:

1 packet WW Vanilla smoothie powder (1 point)

1-cup nonfat milk (2 points)

½ cup pumpkin (I used canned) (0 points)

¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I used the pre-made stuff from Schilling) (0 points)

2 sprinkles cinnamon (because I don’t think the Schilling has enough) (0 points)

A few drops of vanilla extract (0 points)

A few drops of almond extract (0 points)

4 ice cubes (0 points)

Blend first 7 ingredients together. Add ice & blend.

My leader’s recipe used a lot more vanilla extract & no almond extract. Plus, I added a little more cinnamon because I thought the Schilling stuff was too clove-y & ginger-y. The ice also helps because IMHO, the smoothie powder mixes a bit too thick & has a funny taste to it. If you add the ice, the consistency is better & the funny taste goes away.

jendear75

Returned Lifetime member

:bcb_tank:

http://2011istheyear.wordpress.com/

:D I like your way alot better--thanks.

Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

This is awesome. Last night I was contemplating having my usual shake made with SF FF pudding powder and Milk b/c cleaning the blender is not too fun. Then I remembered this idea and I tried it. It is so good!!!!! My roommate who is doing atkins was drooling but "couldn't have it" because it was high in carbs.

Here is my recipe

1/3 to 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin

2 T FF SF Vanilla pudding powder

1 cup of milk

2-3 packets of Equal

cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

12 medium ice cubs.

Blend it all together and it is so thick!!!!

mmmmmm Pumpkin ice cream

Its worth every ounce of determination and self-discipline required to make this a lifestyle!

Highest weight:258

Current weight: 158

Guest Lissa

This sounds great. I'm definitely going to have to try this one! :D

Another great sounding recipe. I will be at no shortage of things to try with my smoothie maker.

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

Guest jmjgtodd

I made the pudding version of this yesterday afternoon! It was sooooo good and sooo very filling for three points! Thanks for posting this!

Hi,

I made the smoothie tonight and it was delicious.

I added a bit of davinci caramel syrup as I did not have any almond extract or vanilla in the house and it still turned out quite yummy.

Carlee

Carleerun for the Presidential Challenge <br />Go BootCamp Buddies Go!!!

Guest HappyBunny

This TOTALLY tastes like liquid pumpkin pie!!!!! Yummy!!!!!!

bumping up

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Thanks for bumping this up. I'll have to try it. I love the Pumpkin Pie cappucino from our gas station in the fall and this might be a great sub!

HW 220

CW 134

GW 129

bumping----I have to add my rave review:bcb_wink3 I made the version w/ the pudding mix powder & it's like pumpkin pie in a glass:bcb_up A definite way to break-up my boring breakfasts as of late....

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

This sounds yummy, I'm trying this tonight for dessert.. if I like it then it'll make a great change to my morning regimine!

Thanks!

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Okay, I have to admit, I was hesitant... but I finally made it last night for my pre workout snack... OMG, it was really good! I didn't have any vanilla smoothies so I used a tablespoon of sf/ff cheesecake pudding powder. It was wonderful. I also have one this morning to take with me for after WI, thank you for sharing!!!

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Thanks for the recipe!!! ANother one to try..

Loving this, cause i get to try something new and get to put in WW folder.

Thanks again,

Mojava

weight.png

Mojava

How many points for this?? does it serve one??

This is awesome. Last night I was contemplating having my usual shake made with SF FF pudding powder and Milk b/c cleaning the blender is not too fun. Then I remembered this idea and I tried it. It is so good!!!!! My roommate who is doing atkins was drooling but "couldn't have it" because it was high in carbs.

Here is my recipe

1/3 to 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin

2 T FF SF Vanilla pudding powder

1 cup of milk

2-3 packets of Equal

cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

12 medium ice cubs.

Blend it all together and it is so thick!!!!

mmmmmm Pumpkin ice cream

The NI i got when i put it thru Mastercook (for the pudding version) (taking out the NI for the pumpkin) = 3.7 Points

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 184 Calories; trace Fat (2.2% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 701mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

With the Pumpkin in it: 3.9 Points Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 212 Calories; 1g Fat (2.8% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 705mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

If the milk is cut down a bit (to 3/4 cup) It gets down to 3.3 points (without the NI for the pumpkin in it)Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 163 Calories; trace Fat (1.8% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 669mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. But i don't know how it would affect the consistency - could always add some water to it to make up the "volume".

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Will have to try a pumpkin smoothie, thanks all for your recipes and suggestions. And, pumpkin is a Super Food!

Get set with the right mind set.

Guest Hailey

This sounds so good, thanks for posting!

Guest rockinrocker

Wow that sounds really yummy

Guest mesohappy

awsome recipe love,love it! Thank you!

Tina

sw:350

cw:254

gw:175

Just made this with 1 T of the SF/FF cheesecake pudding mix, 1/2 C pumpkin, 1 C ff milk, ice cubes, DaVinci SF Spice Blend syrup, and a shake of cinnamon & nutmeg....delicious!

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton

Serves - 1

Points - 2

1 env WW Vanilla Smoothie mix

3/4 cup water

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

i was wondering what i can use if i dont have WW smoothie mix?? i was thinking FF SS villina pudding mix but i just need to know how much? and will it effect the points??? please let me know