Health Discovery Network
junglejoy

Brunch Bake - 3 pts - YUM!!!

Brunch Bake - 3 pts

This needs to be made the night before so it can sit in the fridge. And it is so yummy - oh my!

8 frozen hash brown potato patties

1 pkg (8oz) thinly sliced ham, chopped

1-1/4 C shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided

2 C skim milk

1 can (10.75 oz) low-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup

Egg substitute = 4 eggs

1 t. ground mustard

1/4 t. pepper

Place potato patties in a 13 X 9 X 2" baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with ham and 1 cup cheese. Combine milk, soup, egg substitute, mustard and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover and refridgerate overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 min before baking. Bake 350 for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 20-25 min longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 min before serving.

12 servings

122 cal, 463 mg sodium, 13 mg choleterol, 9 gm carb, 11 gm protein, 5 gm fat, trace fiber

Junglejoy

Oh my my my!!! I see what you are saying!~ How can you stop at 1 serving?!?!?!

------------------

laura (yaya1)

Tampa FL

BROKE 50# PLATEAU! 10/18/00 !!!

253.2/201.2/145

YOU CAN DO IT! :)

laura (yaya1)<BR>Tampa FL<BR>BROKE 50# PLATEAU! 10/18/00 !!!<BR>253.2/197/145<BR>YOU CAN DO IT! :)

I tried this last weekend and must say it was very good, the whole family really enjoyed it very much. Thanks

Becky

"Every moment is an opportunity to succeed."

I'm sure it would work about the same. The nice thing about the patties is they make a more dense potato layer than if you just used hash browns. But putting it in the fridge overnight would probably make it dense - so go for it! It should work fine. And let us know how it does work for others who can't find the patties.

smile.gif

Junglejoy

Guest 32lbs&counting

I can't find the potatoe patties here. Could I use hash browns instead?

I tried this - it was delicious. I halved the recipe and put 4 potato patties in an 8x8 pan. I ate 1 whole patty (1/4 of the dish) so I counted 5 points.

32lbs&counting - I don't know where in Canada you are but I have found the hashbrown patties in Soby's and Loblaws and Dominion. The bigger grocery chains have them.

smile.gif

Allie<br />Recommitted 01/05/04<br />282.0/272.5/working on 250<br /><br />"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson<br /><br />"Light is the task when many share the toil." - Homer

Guest corvettebabe1972

OK, OK, I copied this recipe a while ago and Now I see it must be good, so I guess I will make it RIGHT AWAY!!!! Always good to know when a recipe gets good reviews! :D

Char

I made this recipe this weekend! It was wonderful! My DH loved it too! smile.gif

164/146/130

Guest philshausfrau

Yum....will make this for Easter Morning. Thanks for the yummy recipe. kiss.gif

This sounds delicious!!!! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for posting & for all the rave reviews.

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Sounds great. Will have to try it!

Thanks

Joanna :headover:

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90

Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)

Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood

Guest Byrd

I took this to Sunrise Service breakfast & everyone loved it :D

Byrd

You've talked me into it....Thanks...

I will let you know as soon as I make this dish.... wave.gif

Cathy (soon adoptive mommy) :D

<b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

I made this recently & it was a huge hit! Next time I'm going to freeze some of it for later. Thanks for sharing it!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

I have made this recipe so many times now! It is my favorite breakfast dish. I added green peppers and onions though. I have served it at family gatherings and no one could believe it was good for you! ;)

Guest Lisainfl

do you think it would still taste good of i substituted the cream of mushroom soup w/ cream of chicken (still using the RF, low sodium kind)?

i don't like the way the cream of mushroom smells... :(

I made this last week-end and It was good .I think you could use any soup you want use. I think they make a celery soup too, if you didn't want a different meat flavor.

Next time I think I will add some green peppers and some onion. smile.gif

"When we go back to the Old way of eating ,

we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown

Dawn

This is a great dish. I have made it a couple of times. I did use o'brien potatos instead of the patties and it was awesome...it reheats well. I am going to make it again and add some steamed broccoli and onions.. maybe some celery and bell peppers smile.gif I really like it. Thanks

Jean

Jean - 330/215/150

This is a great dish. I have made it a couple of times. I did use o'brien potatos instead of the patties and it was awesome...it reheats well. I am going to make it again and add some steamed broccoli smile.gif I really like it. Thanks

Jean

Jean - 330/215/150

This is an awesome recipe. I also added green pepper and onions. I took this to church and everyone loved it. many of us are either on WW or trying to loose weight. I became a BCB just so I could THANK YOU. bcbsalute.gif

Starting date 11/17/03 and 19.5lbs lighter :D

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37 thumbup.gif