Health Discovery Network
junglejoy

Brunch Bake - 3 pts - YUM!!!

I haven't been here in awhile so sorry for the delay but I'm glad you've enjoyed the recipe. It's one of my favorites! In fact that is why I came back today because I'm craving it. I'd forgotten it needs to sit in the fridge overnight so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to eat it. Ah well...

Junglejoy

I tried this for the first time today. It was absolutely amazing. I didn't let it sit overnight, because I was in a bind and needed to cook something, and it still tasted awesome. Thank you so much for this recipe!!

SW/HW:244.8 (11-3-04)

CW: 230.8(12-20-04)

GW: 146

Thanks for bumping this up wave.gif My in-laws are coming for a visit in 2 weeks and I'm trying to plan the menus now for the days they'll be here - though my MIL doesn't like for me to plan meals for her when she isn't here! She's doesn't know I've been doing WW for the last few months and I don't plan on going Offp for their visit :D

This looks like a good breakfast/brunch recipe just for that occasion.

hugs, Lisa

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I tried the Brunch bake this morning and it was very good and filling. I ate two servings :D . Then after church I ate some more of it for lunch.

I will be making this often. The next time I will add onion and maybe a little green pepper. Very good recipe. thumbup.gif

started weight watchers March 14, 2002

sw:234

wwgw:155

cw:153.5

pgw:140

ht.:5'6"

made goal:June 23, 2003

started ww:3/14/02 goal:6/23/03 Lifetime:8/04/03<br />sw/wwgw/cw<br />234/155/148.5

I made this last night and baked it this morning -

YUM! I will definitely be putting this on the menu for when the in-laws are in town. I used the Southwestern Eggbeaters with red & green bell peppers & red chili.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I am so happy about this recipe!!! My mom and I always make this around Christmas time...I had not thought about the points...it was always a treat! Thanks for posting the points! I can enjoy it without the guilt!

JaimeLynn :D

BW:157<br />GW:125<br />CW:140<br /><br />A WORK IN PROGRESS

This sounds really good. I think I'm going to make it for dinner tonight. It can sit in the fridge all day and then I can pop it in before I have to take DD to her music lesson. I think with a tossed salad or fruit salad it would make a great dinner.

Susan

3 days back on the wagon wave.gif

SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

I'm so glad you all are enjoying the recipe. I forget about it then make it two times in two weeks and wonder why I haven't been making it all along.

I also love all your changes. I get tired of the same thing all of the time.

And it is a great recipe for company. I always serve it for house guests and they always ask for the recipe and are surprised to find out it's low-fat. I love eating well and staying fit! Before WW I never thought it would be possible.

Junglejoy

** Bump **

Sounds delicious and looks easy -- my kind of recipe.

:bcb_up

Ya-Ya Sisterhood name: Viscountess Cheshire Kitten

Recomitted - Feb 18, 2006 - 219/200.2/5 more / 5' 7"

Total Loss - 18.8 :D

1st mini goal - 10 % = 198

2nd mini goal - Overweight not Obese BMI = 191 lbs

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." --Theodore Roosevelt

Any idea of how much O'Brien potatoes?

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Guest Hailey

Thanks for posting this, it sounds wonderful! :bcb_up

Thank you for the recipe. I did make it for Christmas morning and it was tasty.

In all the Christmas hustle-and-bustle I forgot something important ... through no fault of the recipe, lol. So, I have a cautionary note that might apply to a few of you out there ...

My home is at 5,200 feet elevation and I forgot to make any high altitude adjustments. (You would think I'd know better after cooking here for 15 years.) I should have probably reduced the milk to 1-3/4 cups and/or added flour ... and planned in advance to let it cook at least 30 minutes longer and then let it sit 5-10 minutes longer.

In reality, I remembered halfway through the cooking that it would take longer ... and so let it cook 20 minutes longer, which wasn't quite enough.

Other than that, it was good ... and we had the leftovers for dinner two nights later -- still good.

Kos

8 hash browns=18 oz o'brien potatoes. I didn't let it sit overnight, so I only put 1/2 cup of milk. My mom asked for a similar dish on her b-day dinner, so I just made this one and everyone raaaved. It was softer on the bottom than I expected, but not soggy.

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Guest J@mie

I made this over New Years weekend for company that was staying at my house and it was DELISHS!!

Everyone raved and asked for the recipe, noone could believe it was WW.

Reheated the following morning and was just as good if not better than the first day.

Thanks for posting it!!

Brunch Bake - 3 pts

This needs to be made the night before so it can sit in the fridge. And it is so yummy - oh my!

8 frozen hash brown potato patties

1 pkg (8oz) thinly sliced ham, chopped

1-1/4 C shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided

2 C skim milk

1 can (10.75 oz) low-fat condensed cream of mushroom soup

Egg substitute = 4 eggs

1 t. ground mustard

1/4 t. pepper

Place potato patties in a 13 X 9 X 2" baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with ham and 1 cup cheese. Combine milk, soup, egg substitute, mustard and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover and refridgerate overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 min before baking. Bake 350 for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 20-25 min longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 min before serving.

12 servings

122 cal, 463 mg sodium, 13 mg choleterol, 9 gm carb, 11 gm protein, 5 gm fat, trace fiber

Bumping up this yummy recipe. I use a bag of shredded potaoes and mix everything together. I also add green pepper, and/ or sometimes broccoli or4 thawed spinach. (squeeze it dry)

I made this for tailgating Saturday am, with some peppers and onions added in, and it was incredible. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

Leslie

Can I handle the seasons of my life?

5.png

Guest Hailey

I make this often for hubby as he LOVES it.....this time I used the Gimme lean vegan sausage, and it came out awesome!

Bumping up to try this!

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Had this today and it was really good. Dh liked it too! With what I used it was 4 pts per serving. (We are still doing Flex) Next time I will add some veggies to bulk it up a bit.

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

This recipe is fabulous! I tried it, everyone loved it, and I've made it several times since then. It's one of my favorites.

Mary