Health Discovery Network
Guest tinka

Baked Oatmeal

Dawn~ Your recipe seems to be "double" the first one printed on this thread.

And pretty much "doubles" mine, too.

So, I would try 1/2 can of drained crushed pineapple in my recipe and see how that works.

Sounds delicious! :D

Pensguys~ I know. :rolleyes: I might have to start buying a bigger tub of FF yogurt!

Remember, Buddies: Give us feedback! It helps us all~ :)

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Carol , Thanks I was sure they were about them to start.

I just make it in muffins for easy handling. But will try your recipe as muffins, the original doesn't puff up very much. :)

"When we go back to the Old way of eating ,

we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown

Dawn

OK, Carol.....What did I do wrong. I don't have a convection oven but I still baked at 350 for 25 minutes.....it was still VERY gooshy in the middle so I had to cook it longer....not sure how much longer because I kept testing after every 2-5 minutes.

Also, I put 3+ tsp of splenda (I didn't have the packets).....is it supposed to taste sweeter than what it does?

Thanks

Penny

SW 213.8

CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)

GW 150

Wife to Eugene :buddysmoo

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Penny~ It should definitely be "lightly sweet". The packets are MUCH sweeter than the pourable!

A convection oven does cook faster, so a regular oven would take longer.

Funny thing, I made the Pineapple Baked Oatmeal using my recipe ("tweaked" with adding the FF yogurt, 2 eggs for the heck of it, AND 4 oz. drained crushed pineapple, 1 tsp. cinammon and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice) and for-the-first-time mine did not get cooked through in 25 minutes! :eek: It took about 10 minutes longer and STILL seemed extra-moist (even though it was done).

Next time, I'll cut back to the one egg; I'll make sure the pineapple is well-drained; and I'll probably make it in muffin cups to see if that works better (since that's how Dawn does it~ :bcbsalute )

It still tasted really good! DH "toasted" his this morning, and I ate mine cold at my WW meeting...very good~ :)

Someone asked for the recipe, and I said, "I've made so many TWEAKS, I don't even know the recipe anymore! :confused: I'll bring it to you next week." LOL!

Guest KrisD

Carol,

I got asked for the recipe in my meeting as well...I hope you don't mind if I share it?

-Kris

Heck no, Kris! Share away~ :)

Mine is a "tweaked version" of the original~ :bcbsalute

Let's hope everyone is as happy in the morning as we are now! :D

Thanks, Carol! I LOVE this stuff....so good toasted with a glass of skim milk!!! Mmmmm! I wish I had some now.....I WILL be making more tomorrow. :)

Penny

SW 213.8

CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)

GW 150

Wife to Eugene :buddysmoo

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Mmmm....I love it toasted, too, Pensguys! :D

I rotate through the Baked Oatmeal, Cordy's Oat Scones, and Sheryl's Chocolate/Banana Snack cake every three days. I think tomorrow it's time for Baked Oatmeal again!........YAY! :D :bcbsalute

Hi!

I know that this is the Core board, so any mention of points is to be kept at a strict minimum :), but If I remember correctly this was pointed at 4 points per serving. Is that with the fibre cap off? My point level is around 5- 5 1/2 for this with the fibre capped, but a lot of the difference has to do with my ingredients.

Sorry to mention points. Thanks for your help. I'll go now. :bcbsalute

O-kaaaaaaay. After a long glance at the actual board name, I now realize that this ISN'T the core board, and I am in fact legally able to use the word "points". So, "points points points points" and one more "points".

This kid of mine better stop treating me like an all night wet bar and let me get some sleep or I'm going to be embarressing myself even MORE than I have been. Ugh.

Still need the info, though. :D

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Guest jmjgtodd

We are still core and points together aren't we? And since this is a breakfast folder - points are okay? I'm still counting points, so I appreciate the addition of points even! Just thought I'd add my two cents!

Thanks! I am eagerly anticipating all these wonderful versions of baked oatmeal!

I made this yesterday with these modifications, of course all of which because I didn't have the actual ingredients at home and I really wanted to try the recipe so I tried this:

3 egg whites instead of egg beaters, probably could be 2 though.

Regular applesauce instead of unsweetened

I ommited the sugartwin.

I scooped the batter into 10 muffin tins that, per mastercook, are 1 pt. each. I added a few tablespoons of DaVincci SF hazelnut syrup and two tablespoons of ff half and half.... it was wonderful, tasted like a cookie.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Guest dishguyswife

DELICIOUS!! :kiss:

Guest jacquiodell

Not all oatmeal has the same number of points. I have 2 different brands and one is 3 points and the other is 2 points. You have to look on your box to count the correct points.

Guest tracijean

This was delicious! I made the original recipe, except I used a little more cinnamon & vanilla, plus added nutmeg. Mmmmm! My 3yo daughter agrees! I love a recipe that can make both of us happy! :exercise2

Guest csdtlp

i am going to make this this weekend!!

To The Top

"When we go back to the Old way of eating ,

we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown

Dawn

Yum! Just dug this up again(thank u search feature) and it's in the oven.

Its worth every ounce of determination and self-discipline required to make this a lifestyle!

Highest weight:258

Current weight: 158