Health Discovery Network
Meisha

Baked Apple Pancake

This sounds yummy.. will try it out very soon.. thanks! crazy.gif crazy.gif

Enthusiasm is the match that lights the candle of achievement.<br />William Arthur Ward<br /><br />When you get to the end of the rope, tie a knot and hang on.<br />Franklin D. Roosevelt<br /><br />32.5 lbs gone!!!!!!<br />5'6"<br />Heaviest Ever Pre WW:175ish<br />SW(Jan 2003):162.5<br />CW:130.0<br />GW:120.0

I have made this several times. It is a very tasty pancake. I make it at night and heat servings in the microwave. Turns out great every time. smile.gif

Crystal<br />sw-204<br />cw-204<br>gw-159

recommitted lifetimer

Bumping up since apples are plentiful this time of year. This recipe is well worth the time to make. I've altered mine a bit by using 1 teaspoon of cinnamon instead of 1/4 tsp. The peel is left on mine too for the extra fiber.

At 2 points for 1/4 of the pancake, it's great!

Oooh I made this last night with some chopped up frozen sweet dark cherries I had in the freezer.(I left out the cinnamon) I used whole wheat flour so it was only 6 points for the whole thing! I had a slice last night for dessert warm, it was heavenly. I'm going to have a bigger hunk for breakfast this morning after my WI. Thanks for the recipe!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest Catrina

I was checking things out at work. This makes me wish I were home to try tgis. I can't wait till I'm off to try it.

I am making this Monday evening for dessert! However, I need to use this can of pears that I've had for some time so I am subbing pears for the apples and I am going to use whole wheat pastry flour.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

I just made this as a side dish for a stew and it was fabulous!!! It was not too sweet but just the right texture. I did make a few changes - I used whole wheat pastry flour and used drained canned pears instead of apples. It turned out great!

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

Guest Catrina

I tried this and it was really wonderful. In fact I made it twice. I'm thinking that I can make it up and bake it while I do my exercise and then take it to work or eat it on the go.

I think this is a keeper.

I thought of trying to use 1/3 c of lite cherry pie filling instead of the apple. You would not be adding any points cause the pie filling would be 1 point which is the same as 1 apple.

I have this in the oven right now - in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.

I used fresh pears, whole wheat and spelt flours, added a dash and vanilla extract and a pinch of baking powder and salt.

(Momma25) Momma to five

http://www.realfoodliving.com

In remission from Acute Leukemia

Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!

218/in-between/125

I have to bring in a breakfast item for my office tomorrow and I was wondering if this is a good one to bring? Should I double/triple the recipe? Does it taste low fat? Would it be easy to serve to several people? What toppings should I bring for it? Is there anything else you would recommend? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help you can provide!!

SW-200

CW-180

GW-135

I recently picked up MasterCook version 7.0 and did a run on this recipe. According to my calculations, the whole pancake is 8 pts. (451 cal., 1 g. fat and 6 grams of fiber) I am going to make it tomorrow and put sifted powdered sugar on top. Sounds soooooo good! smile.gif

Anne

I made this yesterday using a pear instead of an apple. After baking it I flipped it out on to a plate and sprinkled it with powdered sugar. Ate 1/2 then and just finished off the other half this morning. Absolutely DELICIOUS!!! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Anne

This was delicious! Thanks for the recipe! I substituted whole wheat flour for the regular flour - I love the nutty flavor!

The kids and DH ate it up!

Junglejoy

This sounds delicious! I'm even thinking my finicky 2 yr old would eat it! I am going to try it with the apple, then do a version with strawberries and blueberries. (ds' favorite fruit, I think!)

bcbsalute.gif

TracyD

HW/SW: 253.2 (6/15/10)

CW: 195.8

WI Tuesday mornings

My goal 10,000 fitness minutes in 2011.

When I first saw the recipe I thought it is just a pancake with fruit, so... well, I LOVED IT!! I ate the whole thing within 2 day! All by myself! :rolleyes: ;) Thanks for posting it. I am so glad I tried it!

~~Chandra mom to Angel Sarah forever 5, Noah 4, and Jonah 3~<br /><a href="http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/myangelsarah" target="_blank">http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/myangelsarah</a><br /><a href="http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jonahnoah" target="_blank">http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jonahnoah</a><br /><br />Some people only dream of Angels I held one in my arms! Never take your children for granted, for they are a gift from God!! Please if you have a pool be responsible, have a fence, an alarm, and NEVER leave your child alone.. For the rest of my life I will be regreting the fact that my neighbors didn't have a fence and my childs caregiver let my child out alone..

I made this this morning and loved it! It was terrific and so easy to make. I added a thinly sliced, ripe banana too. Yummy! Next time, I'm going to make it with blueberries.

Mary

Hi,

This recipie sounds delicious however I don't use artifical sweetners, does anyone know what else I could use for the sweet part or how much sugar I would need?

Thanks,

Tanya

re-commited Oct 10/07

SW- 179.4 lbs

CW - 165.4 lbs

GW - 130.0 lbs

down - 14 lbs

Wow!!!

In NZ points the entire recipe is 4 points!!! (We have a different formula for points).

I have to replace the egg substitute with Egg whites but that shouldn't be a problem.

I am making this right now and taste testing!

Will report back with verdict!!

-Ally

SW: 89.4kg [197lbs]

CW: 76kg [167lbs]

GW: 65kg [143lbs]

S BMI:33.2

C BMI: 27.2

G BMI:24.2

weight.png

Hi again!

Opps!!! You really need to spray the baking pan!!! Mine stuck a bit. after 25mins it was cooked but had a decidedly pale colour to it. So I popped it under the grill.

It is really yummy. I am terrible at following recipes so I am sure I can do better next time - might have to increase the oven temperature a bit as well as spray the pan properly!!! :)

-Ally

SW: 89.4kg [197lbs]

CW: 76kg [167lbs]

GW: 65kg [143lbs]

S BMI:33.2

C BMI: 27.2

G BMI:24.2

weight.png

Guest mamaov4

This sounds great.. I am going to try it at work with my week-day kids (nanny) for breakfast as they always want something cooked and love to help so this is PERFECT thanks for sharing:D Ill let you know what they think!

Guest mamaov4

OMG this was GREAT and the kids asked when i put it out for them why they were getting desert for breakfast! The loved it too and asked when we would have it again. This is an easy meal to make and if you are wanting something with sweatness this is IT. Thanks for sharing!

BUMP! This is great and a good fall recipe.

I used cranberries and brown sugar instead of splenda (I try not to use artifical sweetners). The brown sugar kind of carmalized on the bottom of the pan. It was awesome!

Next time, I am going to try a cranberry and apple mix, I think....

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

I just tried this apple pancake this morning. It's so good. I ate half which was only 4.5 points. thanks for such a great recipe.

:exercise2

sw.258lbs.(1/21/2007)

cw.216.2

gw.120lbs.