Health Discovery Network
plcm111195

Blueberry Bread Pudding

Guest favteach

TRY THIS! YUMMMMMMM.........:workout:

Guest BigRain

I made this for DF and myself last night as a dessert and we both loved it! My question is what type of pan do you use to make this? I used a 9x9 and it was a little thin...I guess I could have doubled the recipe but I really want to make this for myself as a breakfast. Thanks! :)

I made mine ina 9x9 pan the first time. The next time, I doubled the recipe and used a 13x9 pan. It was better the second time. :)

Mary

I'm disappointed, mine turned out dry. When I poured the wet ingredients over the bread I knew it wasn't enough to cover it.

Anyone else had this problem?

I am so making this for breakfast tomorrow. thinking of how to adapt if for core...

Cynthia

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

I am so making this for breakfast tomorrow. thinking of how to adapt if for core...

Cynthia

The light bread is only 1 point for 2 slices. The rest of the ingredients are core, aren't they?

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

you are right. that is low point for breakfast. I have really stayed away from bread since starting core, but I can do it once in awhile.

MrsD

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

this is sooo yummy good, and soooo worth the point (hee hee). It doesn't taste low point at all, it was just too good for mere words. YUMMY!

MrsD

start weight 174

current weight 161

Guest metalchick

yummmmmy - next time i'll add some ginger to my bananas :p

I am baking this right now. It sounded wonderful and everyone had great comments on it. I forget to put in the Davinci syrup though! I will definitely try it again. I think you could bake it the night before and have it ready for breakfast in the morning. Sounds yummy! and so little points! 23_3_65.gif

Fallen, but not defeated!

This is SO yummy ~ I tried it for the first time today. I would be great for a dessert, too! Can't wait to try some of the other combinations of fruit .... :D

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Guest metalchick

didn't have any more bananas, so i added 1/4 cup raisins for 4 pts. still a deal!:D

I love bread pudding!! But the only one I have ever had is apple, I am sure it would be great with apple also.......Thanks

Keep up the good work!

" Fat your out of here"

Have a great day!!!

۩۝☺♫░ﮝﭲ☻▲▼╫≈₪₪

Kim

5'8

SW: 204--Sep 1, 2004

CW: 175.5

GW: 150

۩۝☺♫░ﮝﭲ☻▲▼╫≈₪₪

I made this with fresh strawberries, and 1 tablespoon of Sunkist Toffee Glazed Almonds (for 1 extra point) this morning, since I did not have the almond-flavored Davinci syrup, and it was truly YUMMY! :D

Christine

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

there was some talk of watery pudding...I tried putting my blueberries on top of the bread, not mixing them in, so that they were sticking partly out of the pudding on top, and it was NOT watery at all...God is good, it was perfect!

MrsD

start weight 174

current weight 161

I wonder why mine turned out dry. (real dry)

I used a whole grain bread, I wonder if that had something to do with it?

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I just put the ingredients into Mastercook, and it came out at 224 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 7 grams of fiber, which makes it 4 points (because of the fiber cap).

It's in my oven as we speak. I'm very excited (even if it's 4 points!)

Amy :bcb_happy

HOP Challenge: SW 200.4 / CW 198.0 / GW 185.4 - TRACK EVERYTHING

weight.png

[/url]

I am so excited about trying this recipe. I have already eaten breakfast but may do it for lunch. Can anyone address whether or not you mash or slice the bananas? I was thinking of adding some Davinci SF Caramel also for a bananas foster type dish. Thanks so much

Laurie

Life Goal: To be half the size but TWICE the woman. :bcb_wink3

283 / 283 / 145

Bumping Up...this is sooooooo good! I've been having it for breakfast this week..you all need to try this!

Icing:p

Be your own best friend every day.

Guest GingieSue

Blueberry Syrup

Take 1 cup of frozen blueberries - set aside

Put in 1 cup of water in a saucepan, 1/2 cup splenda and 1/4 cup cornstarch ,stir...add blueberries. cook for 7-8 minutes stirring constantly until the blueberries begin to pop!

It is a very low points syrup!

Guest 1texasmom

Ok. I must have done something wrong. I followed the original recipe at the top of the thread and used frozen/mixed berries. The texture was great but it had a sacherine (sp?) type after taste. Any ideas???