Health Discovery Network
plcm111195

Blueberry Bread Pudding

Guest im-worth-it

Yummy, yummy, yummy. Did I say that these were yummy. It is a new weekly brkfst dish for me now. Thanks for the recipe.

Sara

It's not just for breakfast! I had this as an evening snack..wonderful

Icing

Be your own best friend every day.

Guest ShrinkingDaisy

DH made this for a Mother's Day breakfast for me! YUMMO!!

Has anyone ever tried making this in the microwave?? or the crockpot?? I am afraid of drying it out, but, would like a way to either make it super fast or have it ready in the am in the crock.

I actually made some of this for myself yesterday....W O N D E R F U L!!! Being the baker that I am, I had to "make it my own" by pumping up some of the flavor....I added 1/2 tsp. NUTMEG & 1/4 tsp lemon peel....BAM!!:headover: I ate the whole thing...IT WAS AWESOME!!! Might make another "batch" tonight just to watch Grey's Anatomy!!! Next week I intend to do a blueberry/peach combination...my two favorite fruits! Never thought about microwave or crock pot?? If anyone tries it please post!

Cakediva :embarrass

I am going to try this this week with huckleberries, I think. Huckleberry is good in anything...so YUM. I'll post the results!

MrsD

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

This is so good that I frequently eat it for dessert in the evening.

I'll have to try the Nutmeg! I also do add vanilla

Icing

Guest ShrinkingDaisy

Icing--Have you ever made it in the microwave? If so, how does it turn out?

I have never made it in the microwave, but I doubt I would like it that way. One of the things I love about this dish is that it get's crusty on top (and some on the bottom too if you bake it longer). The egg/bread puffs up some in the oven and gives a wonderful texture you might lose in the microwave. But..you could try it and see how it goes.

Icing

This recipe looks awesome, I'm definatly going to try this one. As far as doing it with core, it would only be the points for the bread... YUM! However, I wonder how this would be made with the Core'n Bread recipe... hmmmmmm

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Guest Sunddycat

what's the serving size for this recipe?? Is it 1cup = 1 serving??? you said 3pts for a serving??

The whole thing is one serving. It's 3 points for the whole thing if you use light bread.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest Sunddycat

Thanks, I will try this out tomorrow:D

This is by far, my favorite dessert! And its HUGE. I can hardly believe I get to eat the whole thing myself for only 3 pts.

I tried it with a banana last nite but not so good! I'll stick with the blueberries or maybe try Strawberries.

I cook mine in a toaster oven.

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

I made Raisin Bread Pudding today for only 2 points.

I found some 2 slices for 1 point light raisin bread at Kroger.

I used 1/4 cup of egg beaters and reduced the milk to 1/4 cup because in the past this recipe has been too "wet" for me. I added a few packets of splenda and some cinnamon and vanilla. It was pretty good. Not awesome but a nice big 2 point snack.

Joanne

Would this work with regular eggs or egg whites? I don't have any Egg Beaters in the house and I'd love to try it tonight....

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

I don't know. I've never tried it. If you used a whole egg it would add a point, but I'm pretty sure that the recipe would work. I just don't know how just egg whites would be. You might need to yolk to make it "pudding".

Joanne

Well I tried it last night with 1 whole egg and 1 egg white...DELISH!!! I'm hooked!! Can't wait to experiment with other varieties. I tried it with frozen blueberries...YUM!!! I was surprised at how large and filling a serving is...definately not feeling deprived after that dessert!

I've always used 3 egg whites and it comes out great!

The raisin bread sounds really tasty. So far, I haven't been able to find any less than 2 pts but I'll keep looking.

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

So 3 egg whites and no whole eggs? How many points did you figure this to be?

Well, I had to try this last night and I can say that I am hooked!!! It is sooooo yummy. And I checked the points value on it and it's dead on. 3 points with Wonder Light bread. Thanks for this great recipe!!!

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

Has anyone made it with apple? If so - how much would you use - still 1/2 cup or one apple?:)

Carrie

:cool:

Total Lost: -107

I choose life!!!

I almost made it with apples when I did the cinnamon raisin bread but decided to leave the fruit out to save a point since it was a snack instead of breakfast. I think I'm going to try it. I guess it would depend on how big your apple was. I would probably use a small apple and be ok. Now yall are making me hungry. :crazy:

Joanne

I'm going to make this before we go to Disneyland next weekend. I need to find another fruit to put in it. DH doesn't like raisins or blueberries. What other fruits are good?

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

I've tried it with bananas and cinnamon (yum) and dark sweet cherries with amaretto Davinci with whole grain light bread (double yum)

Joanne