Health Discovery Network
plcm111195

Blueberry Bread Pudding

This is one of my favorite recipes! I tried it with apples but they were still somewhat crunchy...next time I'll nuke the apple pieces before I put them in to pre-cook them alittle...the taste was yummy though

Icing

Be your own best friend every day.

Guest ShrinkingDaisy

I've made this with peaches and it was great!

Just a bump to make this AWESOME recipe easier to find.....if you haven't tried this....do it!! YUM!

LIZ:)

(SW)212

(CW)205

(WWG)147

(PG) 130

God can move mountains, but you better bring your wheelbarrow!

I absolutely love the Blueberry Bread Pudding!!! Its such a huge serving , I can't hardly believe I can eat it all by myself!!! Yippeeeee!

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

Mine is in the oven right now.

I used frozen mixed berries instead of blueberries because that's what I had on hand, and one whole egg because I didn't have egg substitute.

I hope it's as good as everyone says!

Erin (Princess Dirty Bird)

It was really pretty good. I'm not usually a fan of normal bread puddings that have raisins and are goopy, but this one was moist but still had a nice browned top. I put it in a glass pie plate, so it was thin. I just scooped it all out into a bowl. If I have extra bread to use up that I don't want to make sandwiches with, I'll try this again.

Erin (Princess Dirty Bird)

This was very good, but a little too sweet for me. I'm not sure if that was because I had more than my usual can of diet Mt Dew today or not. DD even ate a 1/4 of it (with blueberry smudges all over her face ~ my heart stopped until I could wash it off with Easter tomorrow!). I put 1/2 in the fridge to try tomorrow to see if it was the all the extra artificial sweetner I had today.

I also used a whole egg. I didn't have any Eggbeaters on hand and didn't want to buy a carton if I didn't care for it.

HW 220

CW 134

GW 129

Could this be made the day before? Or should it be made the same day you are eating?

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks for such a quick response Joanne!

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hi Marie,

I made a double batch and ate half the next day. It's good.

I cooked mine with the convection oven, so it was a little more like a cobbler the first day and more like a bread pudding the second day. I liked them both.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Oh, all I can say is.... WOW!!! Thanks so much for this recipe. I had some frozen blueberries and couldn't decide what to do with them, so I made this last Saturday. It was awesome! I liked it so much that I made it again on Sunday.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Just ate some I made this morning it was yum!

Instead of using the 1/2 milk, I used 1/4 cup soy milk 1/4 water. I don't think it changed it much it was delicious.

Maybe not just as rich.

Defintely a DO OVER!!! :bcb_up

I made this today with a very stout whole grain bread, cherries and sliced almonds. It cost me 6 points but it was a good and very filling breakfast. The more dense bread was worth the extra points for the texture, IMO. I rarely eat the "light" bread anymore so I'm glad I found a way to have this recipe again.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I must say that the almonds are a great addition. I have started keeping a small bag of slivered almonds in my freezer and adding a Tbsp to the top before cooking.

I make mine with blueberries and SF Amaretto syrup and cook it while I walk on the treadmill on weekend mornings. Mmmmmmmmm...... I wish it was the weekend now!! :bcb_bigsm

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

I made this again this morning! It is awesome! I make a double batch in a stoneware loaf pan so DH and I can have a hot breakfast together. I use bananas, cinnamon, and DVSF toffee. I also toast my double fiber bread before slicing it. It doesn't seem as gooey when I do it that way. This is a definate keeper recipe. Try it if you are thinking about it! It is awesome!:bcb_bravo

*Jeanne*

Good things come to those who wait. GREAT things come to those who get off their butts and work for it!!

I found some notes this weekend that a buddy suggested replacing the bread with 1/2 cup cooked bulgur for core. I need to try this.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I just tried this recipe this morning. It was wonderful. I didn't have any of the 2slices for 1pt bread because I forgot to get any at the store yesterday so I used an arnold thin. It still turned out good and saved me that extra point. I will def try this again. Yummy!! I liked the idea of the loaf pan so that it wouldn't be so thin. :bcb_up I will try that next time.

Joyce

INDEPENDENCE DAY CHALLENGE

weight.png

I love this recipe and so does DH, so I usually double the recipe. Last night I made it with apples. I diced the apples and put them in a skillet with a little water to help soften. I added some of the splenda directly to the apples,(left some splenda and added to the wet ingredients) and added cinnamon. After I put my bread in the casserole dish, I added the apples and additional cinnamon and topped with the wet ingredients. It was excellent, and the apples were just right. :bcb_happy

Di :wave:

ooh, this is yummy.. I happened to have everything, so tried it.. yummm!! and makes a bunch, going to try it with apples next I think.. will cook them a bit first.. thanks :)

highest weight... 370

SW... 307.4

CW... 276.4

1st goal.. under 300 - 8/13/10

2nd goal..290 - 9/17/10

3rd goal.. 280 - 11/24/10

4th goal.. 265 -

halfway goal... 240 -

hugs, Lin

weight.png