Health Discovery Network
wafa02

Does anyone here do the Firm?

I know a few people who have had success with this. Just wondering if anyone her does it. I personally have never tried it.

Aya: born Jan. 30, 2001

Danya: born Jun. 10, 2004

Starting Date: Oct. 15, 2007

SW:185.5lbs

GW:125 lbs

weight.png

I have about 6 or 7 of the tapes, along with the fanny lifter, sculpting stick and a wide array of hand weights. I do a number of different things, so I usually work a FIRM tape into my routine about once a week. I don't feel that I burn as many calories with the FIRM as I do in some of my other really intense cardio routines even though I add more cardio to teach tape and I typically lift more weight than what is used on the tapes. I like to burn as many calories as possible, so that's why I tend to do more of other cardio exercises. Also, I really push myself when I do the FIRM and am typically so sore that I am unable to do any more weight training for at least a couple days afterward. I think the FIRM tapes are great for toning and sculpting and if I were at my ideal weight, I would probably do them more often. Right now, I'm trying to burn max calories during my workouts.

hi! i actually just started back up 2 weeks ago after having a baby 8 wks ago. i love the tapes- they are very challenging to me. i have the system and just do a different one every other day!

My Joys in Life

Sophia Katherine 5/21/04

Nicholas Robert 11/30/06

& 2 Angels

LIFETIME May 2000

My Current Weight 139.5

My goal-125

Guest judyo53

I know a lot of people at BCB do The Firm because this is where I first heard about it last year. I find it to be one of my more challenging tapes & can only handle a half hour at a time. Also, it has too many squats for my bad knees so I have to adjust it & do my own thing during the squats. And I've yet to actually use hand weights with it (I have a lot of older Firm tapes which were a bit more jumpy/aerobic) since it knocks me out. Even last year, when I reached the peak of my physical fitness ever (including step aerobics), The Firm was never easy for me.

I love the FIRM!

I like the FIRM b/* it incorporates cardio and you can really get your heart rate up if you put your all into it. I try to do the FIRM 2x week (3X if I am not too sore) and cardio 5 days/week.

Watch your back, though. I have always had a really weak lower back and it is easy to hurt yourself with all of the lower body exercises. When I first started (since I had been weight training awhile) I didn't do the modified beginner exercises and that was a mistake. You have to build up.

It is a really good workout though. I have BSS 2 and the tapes for BSS 1.

Christena

SW: 193

CW: 193

GW: 130