Health Discovery Network
cheree

Cocoa-Banana Frozen Dessert

Cocoa-Banana Frozen Dessert

The flavors in this simple dessert remind us of beach fare – frozen bananas on a stick coated with chocolate. This is a healthier version that you can whip up in no time at all. It contains no added sugar or dairy and is very versatile. Improvise by adding different flavors. Make this a few hours before you plan to serve - it's best when just frozen. Any leftovers will keep for a couple of weeks in the freezer.

4 very ripe bananas

2 tablespoons pure unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 tablespoons real maple syrup

1. Peel the bananas and place in a blender or food processor along with the cocoa powder.

2. Add the vanilla extract and the maple syrup.

3. Blend till very smooth. Pour into individual custard cups or small bowls and freeze until just frozen.

Serves 6 (Comes out to 1.8 WW points per serving)

Nutrients Per Serving

Calories: 118.1

Protein: 1.4 grams

Fat: 0.7 grams

Saturated Fat: 0.3 grams

Monounsat Fat: 0.1 grams

Polyunsat Fat: 0.1 grams

Carbohydrate: 30.0 grams

Fiber: 3.0 grams

Cholesterol: 0.0 mg

Vitamin A: 82.2 IU

Vitamin E: 0.3 mg/IU

Vitamin *: 9.2mg

Calcium: 13.7 mg

Magnesium: 39.4 mg

From DrWeil.com

Get set with the right mind set.

Guest jeremysmom

This sounds perfect for when the rest of the family is having ice cream. Thanks for posting.

That sounds excellent! We always have bananas needing to be used up! My DS will love this.

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

This sounds like a great treat that my kids would also enjoy. I'll have to give it a shot soon.

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Guest shannon35

Yum! This sounds great! I love those frozen chocolate-dipped bananas. I can't wait to try it!

Thanks for sharing. :buddysmoo

Shannon

I just mashed up one very ripe banana with a package of Chocolate ALBA dairy shake mix and froze it. I didn't add any liquid, I just kept mashing the banana until it incorporated all the powder. I left it in the freezer overnight so today when I was ready for it I put it in the microwave for 45 seconds on medium low so it was the perfect consistency. 2 points and it counts as a milk and a fruit! Gotta love that!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189