Health Discovery Network
wafa02

How to steam vegetables

I was wondering if someone can tell me how to steam vegetables w/out a steamer. Is there any other way w/out me having to go out and buy a steamer?

Aya: born Jan. 30, 2001

Danya: born Jun. 10, 2004

Starting Date: Oct. 15, 2007

SW:185.5lbs

GW:125 lbs

weight.png

You could try using a smaller pan or dish inside a larger pan. My steamer is a larger pan with a steamer insert (actually a pan that fit in the other one). The idea is just to keep the food out of the water.

Maureen

235/186.2/155

Made Goal 1/26/05:crazy:

Made Lifetime 3/9/05:headover:

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!:)

Common Steaming Methods

1. Stove top: Place a rack or steam basket at the bottom of a saucepan with a lid, add about an inch or two of water and bring to a boil over high heat. A wok with a cover also makes a handy steamer. Turn the heat down to a simmer, place the food on the rack or in the steam basket and cover and cook until done.

*****Also, a metal collander would work well in place of a steam basket.*****

2. Microwave: Place the food in a microwave-safe container with a generous splash of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high until done.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW