Health Discovery Network

I have taken up Yoga to supplement my running. I have been taking a 60 minute class 3 days a week. I was wondering if anyone had any dvds that they really liked and would recommend.:exercise:

:cool: Kathy :cool:

SW: 177 CW: 153

8 pounds above goal

Made Lifetime 9/7/04

Made goal 7/27/04

Made 10%: 3/23/04

WW Goal: 145 trying to get back

Height: 5'8"

My favorites are Gaiam http://www.gaiam.com/retail/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=gai&category%5Fname=YogaFitness&Page=1and Yoga Journal http://www.yogajournal.com/ . Pretty much all of their videos/dvds are really good (at least all I have seen).

Gaiam has a bunch of their videos for $2.99 right now.

Maureen

235/186.2/155

Made Goal 1/26/05:crazy:

Made Lifetime 3/9/05:headover:

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!:)

Guest girlinmotion

I really like the Ali McGraw Yoga Mind and Body.

If you want really tough power yoga, try Brian Kest. I think my favourite there would be "Energize"

If you've never even come close to touching your toes, I've got a really great beginner's yoga to recommend.

Yoga for Inflexible People -- from http://www.bodywisdommedia.com

It's truly for the very very inflexible. Most of the standing poses and twisting poses use a chair as a prop -- even for downward dog -- and most seated poses use blocks, blankets, or a strap.

There's over 35 different workouts on the DVD, ranging from 15 to 90 minutes. I figured out how to access the poses individually, and have created my own routine.

I have extremely tight hamstrings (I have to use 3 blankets on the seated poses!), and I touched my toes for the first time ever after doing this video consistently for a few weeks. I'm hoping to increase flexibility until I can move up to the next video in the series.

Unfortunately I think it's too slow to count as any AP's (check out the video on the website, the pace is very slow compared to other yoga DVD's), but it's a good starting place to work up to something more intense.

140/132/115 5'1"

started 6/23/06

measurements as of 9/14/06 (start/current):

waist 34/32 belly 36/35

hips 39/37.5 thigh 24.5/23.5

total inches lost: 5.5

Guest Special*K

I really like the Yoga for Dummies video. It's about 40 mins. long and it really stretches me out and calms me down!

Thanks for the ideas, I have one short 30 minute one, I might try to start putting a few poses together myself. I am really enjoying going to the classes too.

:cool: Kathy :cool:

SW: 177 CW: 153

8 pounds above goal

Made Lifetime 9/7/04

Made goal 7/27/04

Made 10%: 3/23/04

WW Goal: 145 trying to get back

Height: 5'8"

I have what they call an "Evolution Chair". It has a balance ball sitting in a frame. I use it at the computer and take the ball out and use it for exercises. I think it's probably better than sitting in a plain old chair. Your body gets a bit of a core and back workout, holding your balance on it.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

I have what they call an "Evolution Chair". It has a balance ball sitting in a frame. I use it at the computer and take the ball out and use it for exercises. I think it's probably better than sitting in a plain old chair. Your body gets a bit of a core and back workout, holding your balance on it.

Does it make you uncomfortable to sit in such a chair for a long time?

Well, I don't sit there for super long periods. Like anything, it takes some getting used to, but I find it quite comfortable.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018