Health Discovery Network
Guest Nelly23

Chocolate Banana Pop

Guest Nelly23

Hi, all. I've been trying to find a recipe for frozen chocolate bananas that I think are so good. Is there a good one out there? If so, I'd love to hear it! Thanks!

This really isn't a recipe for a chocolate banana "pop" but the taste is similar.

I take a very ripe banana and mash it in a very small bowl (1 cup) then add 1 package of chocolate alba (which is a dairy shake mix, though you could probably use hot chocolate mix, I've never tried it though) I just keep mashing and stirring with a spoon until it's all mixed up then put it in the freezer. If it's in there overnight I'll nuke it on low for a minute to soften it up to make it easier to eat, but you could put it in a dixie cup and put a stick in it to make a popsicle. When I make it with Alba and a small banana it's only 2 points and counts as a fruit and a milk! HTH

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest Queen Tiger Lily

Joanne,

what a great idea! I've never had chocolate banana pops before but, you've peeked my interest. I'm going to have to give this a try and see what it tastes like.

Guest Kelly_S

In the produce section of your local grocery there is a container of chocolate dipping sauce. Get it and bananas and dip and freeze. That is all there is too it.

and Trader Joes sells frozen Chocolate Banana Pops (for maybe 3 pts?)

Ouis

224/212/177/145

hard-corer

There is no "try," there is only "do"~ Yoda

We used to do the Alba thing with crushed pineapple and its juice. Then we would spread it out on foil like a candy bar and freeze it. That was a really great treat, especially in the days when you couldn't have anything you wanted, like a real chocolate bar.

176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!