Health Discovery Network
Guest Brucifer

6 Point - Ten Inch Pizza!!!

Guest Brucifer

Yes the entire Pizza is 6 Points!!!

It's really quite a simple recipe, Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Find tortilla shell at your local store, I use Pinata they are only 150 Calories for a 10 inch. Spray with FF cooking spray and sprinkly lightly with garlic salt (garlic is optional), put in oven on cookie sheet for about 5 mins until slightly crispy.

Use a no-sugar added pasta sauce, (I use Hunt's it's pretty inexpensive and readily available) You can use up to 1/2 of sauce (I don't like a lot of sauce so I usually only use about 1/3 to 1/4 cup)

Cheese - I am lucky enought to be able to buy FF Cheddar and Mozzeralla in ACME store brand. For traditional pizza use 1/2 cup of FF Mozzeralla or for something a little bit different try 1/4 cup Mozz and 1/4 cup Chedd.

For your standard Cheese Pizza that's pretty much it. Put it in the oven for about 8 to 10 mins. Check after about 5 it will cook quickly. If cheese is browning or crust is browning it's pretty much ready.

Addl Options - You can add pretty much any topping that you like. I will put a dash of hot sauce in mine... I've cut up a chicken breast, used mushrooms, broccoli, and ground turkey. Don't forget to add points for those additional toppings though...

Hope this is inspiring!!!

Guest Brucifer

Added correction to original message.... Pinata is a brand of Tortilla....

Guest purecheez

I pretty much survived on these as a kid. My brothers and I would make tortilla pizzas after school, or muffin, or even white bread! We were pizzaholics for sure. You could add 15 slices of turkey pepperoni for just 1 pt!

Guest Brucifer

Turkey Pepperoni? Where can I get that? What brands should I look for?

Thanks,

Brucifer

I think it's Hormel or Gallo.

I think it's 18 slices. One is 80 calories, and one is 50 calories...Get the 50 calorie one! They both taste just as good~ :bcbsalute

In my grocery store, they're hanging in the cold case by the meats/cheeses. :wave:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Yep, Hormel makes an awesome Turkey Pepperoni. It's so full of flavor and so very low in points. It's also great in eggs for a zip!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

You can also use Canadian bacon, green pepper & pineapple - I loves me some Hawaiian pizza!! Or feta, olives & oregano.... the possibilities are endless!!

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Guest Hidin_within

Once again, an easy lo-cal/point recipe that even my kids will eat. I love this site!! I am so glad I found it.

Thanks!!

We've been using whole wheat tortillas for about a year as our pizza crust. We thought we were the clever ones! I guess you had the great idea, too!

Lori - SW: 225, CW: 221.8, Weekly Loss: +1.2 :( Total Loss: -3.2

Made this pizza last night... used WW tortilla, FF mozz, pizza sauce (no sugar), oregano, salt and pepper. It was FABULOUS!!!!

Thanks so much for the idea!

:)

i couldn't find all the same ingredients, but mine will still work out to be 6 points. i got a sundried tomato tortillas. i'm so excited i might even have pizza for breakfast. i want to try skipping traditional pizza sauce and maybe trying something like bbq sauce and interesting toppings like shrimp. thanks so much for the idea. i can barely cook and this sounds sooooo doable.

Lily

re-committed 7.2.08

starting weight 184 - gulp!

current weight 180.8 :)

Guest karen_wizzabeth

Brucifer - thanks for this recipe.

ON a side note, your mention of ACME brought back memories...there used to be a LOT of ACME markets here in N.E. PA - and I worked as assistant head cashier, scan clerk, and CSR in ours. Then the company sold off the N.E. PA stores. It was pretty sad - the store where I worked now is a Salvation Army. It's weird to go to the housewares department and think "This used to be the deli....the toys used to be produce....the bakery is now kids clothes..."

And it's been closed for over ten years. LOL...you'd think I'd get over it....:sobbing:

I was craving pizza sooooo badly last night and I made this for my roommate and i (who is a guy who is definately NOT on WW) and we both loved it! Great idea! :headover:

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Made one of these last night and used half a pita pocket for the other. I split them in half shared with DH. Both were great! will do this one again for sure! We used left over Turkey Taco meat as a topping with a few black olives.

I think we liked the pita one better because we love crust but the tortilla was filling even just half!

Thanks for the ideas!!:)

Grinbear:D

190/181.8/185

"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was."

Guest squash

I would like to try this recipie ,it looks very yummy, but I just have one question, what is a tortilla shell? Is it the same thing as a tortilla? :embarrass Thanks.

Squash

I would like to try this recipie ,it looks very yummy, but I just have one question, what is a tortilla shell? Is it the same thing as a tortilla? :embarrass Thanks.

Squash

Yes, it is the same as a tortilla. :)

Guest jillinmo

Got my plans for dinner! ! Thanks

:)

Guest squash

I just tried this today, it is very good, thanks for the receipe.

Guest MiShY1025

I tried the original recipe and I changed it a little bit to make me alot fuller. I use josephs pita bread (regular not wheat) which is 2 pts. Then do the same thing but a butter spray on it lightly with garlic salt. Put in oven for 5 minutes. Then I used hunt's no salt tomato sauce 1/4 cup for 0. Cut of tonnsss of veggies onions, peppers what ever and put that on. Then I used a 2 pt. 1/4 cup of cheese and bake for 10 minutes. I eat this once a day and absolutely love it. I find the pita bread fills me up more.

I tried this recipe as well this past weekend, used leftover cooked chicken, mushrooms , onions. Thanks it was very very good, and squashed my pizza urge.

Laura

Laura aka - "Vitamin" :wave:

I had this today.

I managed to get it down to only 5 points, 2 points for the cheese, 2 points for the tortilla and 1 point for the sauce (Ragu light, fat free). I topped it with mushrooms.

It was good, but I found that the tortilla didnt get crispy enough so I wound up eating it with a knife and fork.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

hey everyone...Ok heres what i do and i count it as 4pts

tortilla is 1pt

hunts sauce is 0pts (i dont even use that much cuz im i dont like alot of sauce)

ff mozz cheese is 1pt for 1/4cup (i use 3/4 cup for 3pts)

and thats it! 4pts! ill add some seasoning and garlic but not big on adding extra toppings

This sounds delicious! I'm definitely going to try it!

Thanks for the wonderful idea

**Sheila**

SW- 158.6 (5'9")

CW- 143.8

GW- 135