Health Discovery Network
Meffy

Why dont we have these?

I was just posting about WW snacks and tried to google them to find out where to buy them, when I cam across this-

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/fdb/cupboard.aspx

I am so jelaous!!!! Now, I have done JC and hated the prepacked food all the time , but these seem to be great options for those of us who need some easy options- and they have WW wine too! Why is there such a gap in the products offered between the US/UK?? Will we be getting any of these products soon??

I hope so :)

"Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you imagined."-Thoreau

SW-155.6/CW-152.0/WWGW-??/PGW-120

Guest TSJ

I'm wondering where you can get those products here. I've never seen all or even 1/4 of those items. If anyone know, I'd love to hear.

Thanks for the great ideas!

Guest Tina_30

wow i'm jealous too, there are a lot of choices there! The only thing I can find at my local store are the muffins, the larger ones for 3 points each so I don't want those anyway, too many points for one muffin for my taste, but i'd love to try the mini ones and the snack cakes. I know the snack cakes are around here but I can't find them and can't find a website listing stores. I could call the company that makes them and ask I suppose - i'll have to add that to my to do list ;)

Guest Brucifer

I've seen the bread products at the local Acme grocery store and also at the Super Walmart groceries. For some reason I'm thinking that I've seen another WW labeled food product in the Acme too but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

Guest Kelly_S

Because the UK program is different. A different company owns the rights to make the W/W stuff there. And in the US we have so many companies that already make low cal; low fat; low carb; etc products that are in the market that it may not be profitable for them to be sold here.

Many of those foods we have but they are not a 'W/W' brand. Almaden makes Light wines. Wonder, Oro Wheat, Sara Lee, Thomas, Aunt Hattie's all make light breads, muffins, etc.

Guest Kelly_S
... at my local store are the muffins, the larger ones for 3 points each so I don't want those anyway, too many points for one muffin for my taste, ...

But when the normal muffin is 6-8 points (10-12 at Costco) 3 points is a real bargin. LOL!

Because the UK program is different. A different company owns the rights to make the W/W stuff there. And in the US we have so many companies that already make low cal; low fat; low carb; etc products that are in the market that it may not be profitable for them to be sold here..

If you read some more on that site with the UK WW food, you will find that Heinz makes them.

I would personally LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the WW "offline"(for lack of a better word) version of e-tools/ww online... in CD Rom form!! Did ya see that?

Susan :work_out:

WATP and Flexin!

229.2/213/150

I've tried the WW English muffins, the WW Italian bread, the snack cakes and the muffins, and they are all pretty icky to me (except for the Italian bread). Now the TASTE of all of them is pretty good...except for the EM's (YUCK!)...but they are such a little serving, & such EMPTY calories, that the only thing they do for me is make me want more.

So if you're "triggered" by sugary foods, and tend to binge on them--I would stay away from the muffins and the snack cakes!

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Guest KAS

Not having things from the UK is bad enough, at least they are 3000 miles away but consider just north of you in Canada we don't have any of the WW food products ---- and I only live about 20 minutes from the border !!!! Apparently it had to do with a dispute bewteen Heinz and WW and of course the FDA in Canada and the US have very different rules !!!!! I could go to TOPS in Niagara Falls NY but crossing the border has become more of a challenge and they (Cdn officials) are more picky one what we can bring back without paying duty !!!!! :( I use to go every couple of weeks but haven't been for some time now. And then there is the exchange rate :sobbing: KAS

Guest Kelly_S

The Heinz overseas is a new one. Thanks for the info but again it comes down to the other companies here that provide the same type of products and it doesn't make it 'beneficial in the profits' to do it here.

I agree with Katie to me most of the W/W Snack Cakes and Muffins are not good. I don't know about the bread because I use regular bread most of the time.

I agree the WW muffins and snack cakes would have too much sugar. The WW 2 pt bars are loaded with sugar and just set me up. I stopped buying them the day I ate a whole box! Gee, that's only 8 pts, right?

On the UK website, they talk about putting WW mayonnaise on Jacket potatoes. Anyone know what "jacket potatoes" are?

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

I really enjoy the snack cakes. I like the choc. better than the carrot cake. I just find that 2 of them with a cup of flavored coffee makes a real nice mid afternoon treat. I do find that they satisfy my sweet tooth and don't make me crave more. Guess it depends on the person. Haven't been able to find the breads here. We've been getting Nature's Grain Lite English Muffins at Super Wal-mart. They're only 1 point and really good. But all of a sudden we can't get them anymore and no one could tell me why. It's very disappointing.

176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!

Guest WholeWoman

Hi -

Interesting thread for me. You've got to remember that our points are completely different. On the UK programme, you have only 20 points per day if you weigh between 140 and 168lbs - no Flex. So.....our points are more generous. WW wine is 1 point per 125ml glass but real (good!) wine is only 1.5 points for the same amount. The products are, by and large, pretty disgusting looking, expensive and rarely good "points value". One day I was buying my usual low sugar jam and a lady was looking at the WW jam. We compared labels to find that mine was cheaper and lower in points. Also, regular bread is only 1 point per med slice. (we have 3 slice thicknesses to choose from) I'd much rather have my organic whole wheat at under $1 per 2lb loaf than ww fluff which has no whole wheat option.

I'd better stop now. I despair of ever having anything as sensible as Core here when people actually believe that the WW foods are "healthy"! Fortunately, I picked up that materials at a Canadian meeting this summer.

Cheers, Millie