Health Discovery Network
Meffy

Are there any Core Fast Food Choices???

Just wondering if anything at any fast food place could be considered core. I bought the complete food guide with the new core additions , but not the dining out guide. Any helpful hints out there_

Thanks

"Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you imagined."-Thoreau

SW-155.6/CW-152.0/WWGW-??/PGW-120

Guest Kelly_S

Yes there are some but the list is long. If you got the Week 1 booklet it shoudl be in there. If you are online it is listed there. Can't reprint it here because it is copywrited but if you want to know something specific I'll look it up for you.

Guest judyo53

To make it a bit easier, most of the places like BK, McD's, etc.; the only Core items would be their plain old salads, like McD's side salad. Wendy's offers a FF dressing but neither McD's nor BK does. Oh, a plain baked potato is Core at Wendy's & so is Hot Chili Seasoning (but not the chili itself) & the salsa, that's it.

I'm thinking many of the specialty salads are not Core because of additions such as croutons, cheese & I'm not sure about the meats, either. The BK shrimp on their salads are definitely marinated or something & whatever it is might not be Core. There's been discussions on fast food chicken products being "filled" with extra ingredients such as sweeteners to make them taste better, etc. I really think we need more information on these things. I mean, eating a BK shrimp salad without the croutons or cheese (on the Ceasar one), with my own FF dressing would fill me up & not be a trigger food for me, as I've had one before on Flex.

Also, any place that offers a bean or vegetarian or steak soup, anything broth based without pasta, should be Core, although you never know what they're adding.

Go to a few fast foods web sites and check the ingredients list - McDonald's chicken breast takes half a page - it's injected with cheese and sugar among other things. No fast foods are approved for the burgers (too much fat) or chicken (too much junk injected). I went to Wendy's last night and had a side salad with fat free dressing and a plain baked potato with just salt and pepper - OMG potatoes actually have a flavor of their own and are good!

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Guest Kelly_S

Hmmmmmmm - no fast food has meat that is approved...

KFC-Drumstick without skin is Core.

POLLO TROPICAL®- 1/4 Chicken Dark Meat without Skin and 1/4 Chicken White Meat without Skin is Core.

yes it is limited but these are just 2 examples. Mostly there is salads or side salads.

Guest Parham91x2

Kelly,

Wasn't it the KFC drumstick that was said to be a mistake? I thought they had changed that rule. It was on the Daily Thread forum. Maybe it just had to do with the skin:confused:

Also, it's not exactly Fast Food but Baja Fresh has a chicken breast salad that is Core and also the beans, shrimp and fish (charbroiled).

Chris

Guest judyo53

Chris,

The mistake was the "with skin" part. I think we all knew that wasn't right! LOL!

OMG!! I love Baja Fresh- and there shrimp salad is my fave! So having that is core! I hope so, becuase it doesnt look like I have many other options-

Thank you buddies so much!

Meffy

"Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you imagined."-Thoreau

SW-155.6/CW-152.0/WWGW-??/PGW-120

Guest Parham91x2
Chris,

The mistake was the "with skin" part. I think we all knew that wasn't right! LOL!

I should've figured THAT wasn't going to stay on the list. I remember when I first saw it I didn't see how that could be right.:confused:

It's just not worth going to KFC if I have to take the skin off. Hey! They DO have that new 'naked' chicken.. all the seasoning is on the meat and the skin is removed. I wonder if that would be core? Hmmmmm

Chris

Guest Parham91x2
OMG!! I love Baja Fresh- and there shrimp salad is my fave! So having that is core! I hope so, becuase it doesnt look like I have many other options-

Thank you buddies so much!

Meffy

It's Core in the book. I'm not sure what dressing they offer but I would go with salsa instead.

Chris