Health Discovery Network
candlegranny

buttermilk ?

Is there a non-fat buttermilk with 0 fat in it or is it really low-fat & a reduced fat kind ? I've seen recipes that call for non-fat buttermilk but when I've been at the stores all I see is low-fat. Am I missing something or is there really no such thing as fat free buttermilk? :help: :confused: Thanks Jane

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

Thanks Frisky, I had never see the fat-free ever so I guess they really do make one. I have made it with skim milk and vinegar before. thanks for that reminder I only use it in baking anyway. Jane

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

Guest Kelly_S

I purchase the powdered buttermilk and only mix up what I need. It is where all the other powdered milks are (you store it in the refrigerator).

We get the powdered buttermilk also (since we very rarely use it)... In some stores they carry it in the baking aisle instead of the milk/coffee/tea aisle..

Its definately more convenient since you only add water & just mix up what you need... When we buy the fresh kind, we alway end up wasting :ugh: most of the carton after we use what's needed for a recipe.

Joanna :headover:

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90

Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)

Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood

Guest judyo53

I never knew there was powdered buttermilk. Will have to look for that next shopping trip. Thanks!

Guest JenWantsToLose

Love my powdered buttermilk :) I used it way before my WW days, just because I never used enough to justify buying the liquid version.