Health Discovery Network
smschliep

Cinnamon Muffins

Yesterday I got some recipes from a friend for some muffins so I thought that I would share one with you!!! I just got done making them and they are wonderful!! I didnt have the yellow or french vanilla cake mix that it calls for but I did have a box of white cake mix and used that. It worked out pretty good too;) Cinnamon Muffins

1 box French Vanilla or Yellow cake mix

1 15 oz. Can pumpkin

¼ *. water

¼ *. Egg Beater

¾ *. Hershey cinnamon chips

Mix everything together. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. 24 muffins equals 2 points.

Enjoy!!!:)

~~~Steph~~~

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

These sound delicious & very easy! I'm always ISO muffin recipes.

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Guest jeremysmom

These sound wonderful. But I've never heard of cinnamon chips.....I'm going to have to find some. Thanks for sharing.

I haven't made a similar recipe. I think mine takes 1/2 cup water and no egg product with the cake mix and pumpkin.I though I would mention that I use a spice cake mix with the pumpkin and cinnamon chips.

My store sells the cinnamon chips in the baking asile. They are made by Hersheys . I have seen them here at Kroger and Meijers. Just a few of them really punch up the flavor.

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike:

I have been on a major muffin quest since strawberries went out of season. I made these muffins this week. They are really, really, really good. Perhaps a little too good. They have abuse potential for me, but DH has begged me not to take these from him, so I'll see if I can keep making them and still be a good girl. Definitely yummy. I'm salivating just thinking about them.

Amy :bcb_happy

HOP Challenge: SW 200.4 / CW 198.0 / GW 185.4 - TRACK EVERYTHING

weight.png

[/url]

Guest Hailey

I think these sound really awesome, but I have never seen hershey's cinnamon chips either. Any ideas on this as to where I might find them?

¼ *. water

¼ *. Egg Beater

¾ *. Hershey cinnamon chips

what do the asterisks next to the measurements mean? 1/4 cup?? please clarify.

thanks

Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha

:p

ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette

sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute

Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

can you substitute real eggs and if so how many.........i have everything but the eggbeaters........dont really use them...........help.........and how many points would they be?

~~Toni~~

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living."

has anyone double checked the points on this one? I made them, LOVE THEM, ate them and now I am checking the points and I am getting 3 per muffin. What cake mix brand did you use?

-Kim

If at first you don't succeed, try try again!

bumping.....

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

I couldn't find the cinnamon chips, so I used mini chocolate chips. If you sub them one for one (3/4 c), then the points go to 3. As I was measuring them out, I felt that would have been a bit much, so I scaled it back to 6 TBSP for a point value of 2.5.

While these are very good, I couldn't even taste the pumpkin. :bcb_confu for me because I really like pumpkin but :bcb_grin for my family because they won't even know that they're good for them!

To answer someone's question below, I used Duncan Hines Classic Yellow flavor.

HW 220

CW 134

GW 129

DS and DD had one last night for a "treat" and really liked them. They both asked if they could have one in their lunches today! I told them they were chocolate chip muffins!

HW 220

CW 134

GW 129

Have these in the oven right now and they smell wonderful. I couldn't find the cinnamon chips - went to Walmart and Tom Thumb so I just skipped the chips and added a touch of cinnamon. Can't wait to try one!

Update: Just took first batch out of oven and had to try one. Was very deeeelish even without the chips. Just wondering now how I can stop myself from eating more! :)

Elaine

SW: 142 (10/31/06)

CW: 130 (1/29/10)

GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

These are so delicious. I wondered how they would be with some FF icing on them so I took some FF cream cheese and mixed it with a tsp of vanilla, and about 3 tbsp of granulated splenda, 1 tbsp of FF milk and beat it together. I frosted half the batch and put them in the fridge. The icing tastes great alone so I'm thinking on the muffins it will really be good. I put the icing on them mainly for my DBF who might find the regular a little plain but I kept half the batch plain for me! :)

Great recipe - thanks for sharing!

Elaine

SW: 142 (10/31/06)

CW: 130 (1/29/10)

GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen