Health Discovery Network
Pensguys

Boar's Head meats and Core

Can someone tell me WHY there are only 2 of the several varieties of chicken and turkey Boar's Head products that are Core????? I bought some of the chicken today that is Core and it is SOOOO good. But I don't understand why that one is ok and some others aren't.

Penny

SW 213.8

CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)

GW 150

Wife to Eugene :buddysmoo

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Guest judyo53

I keep forgetting to look for it & don't know if it's even available in my area but I'm assuming that these 2 items have no added junk to them like many deli meats have such as sugars & other preservatives (things that are still sugars but don't sound like it, nitrites, etc.). Even Boar's Head must make different types of deli meats, some with extra "fillers" & these two are just meat & nothing else non-Core. I haven't seen any of these products but I'm just assuming this must be the case.

It is strange to me because I always thought that Boar's Head was a superior quality vs. Perdue and some of the other "Core" brands. I know that BH does use LESS preservatives and nitrates than other brands because that is why I always bought them vs. the others.

I guess I'll be trying some of the other brands now just for a variety.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Guest judyo53

Now you've got my interest up & I don't have my CFC with me, what other brands of deli meats are considered Core?

I just read this thread about the Boar's Head brand meats, and it said that there were 2 kinds. Can someone tell me what the names are of the Boars Head that are core? I can't seem to find it. I am a Lifetimer and have been on the Core for 3 weeks now and am losing, but the only thing I miss is having a sandwich at lunch. I know I have points to use, but would rather save them for when we go out to eat, or maybe pizza.

Elaine

There are only 2 deli luncheon meats marked as Core - both are Boar's Head chicken - Blazin' Buffalo chicken and Aroastica chicken.

I have not looked over the ingredient lists for Boar's Head products in a while but I studied them extensively when I was low-carbing. BH does not use fillers like many deli meats but they do use sugar for curing IIRC.

You can access their nutrition guide here. HTH!

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

I just checked and I guess there are no other brands that are called "deli" but what about some meats that look to me to be maybe in the refrigerated section where the sandwich meats are.....like Perdue Sliced oven roasted chicken breast (2 slices) and Foster Farms Chicken variety pack, oven roasted chicken breast 98% fat free (3 slices).

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Guest judyo53

Penny, I don't think any deli meats are Core except those 2 Boar's Head products. Again, I'd read the ingredients label on those you mentioned & if there's any added sugars or preservatives you can bet they're not Core (some sugars don't sound like a sugar product at all but are sweetening additives).

I guess I'll have to stick to my BH chicken as a treat each grocery day....at $9.69 per lb I HAVE to! I only got 1/2 lb today and it is gone already. Thank goodness it is core and I could eat until I was satisfied.....had some for lunch AND dinner.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png