Health Discovery Network
EminCT

Boca Chik n Patties

Hi Everyone today I tried Boca's Chick n Patty the Spicy vareity, I was really happy with it, it had a great taste and a little "kick" to it. I used to eat tons of the Weaver Chicken Patties, but I would gladly eat one of these instead. Had it on a light bun, with a slice of FF Cheese. YUM

Two thumbs up from me. :crazy:

-Emily :crazy:

SW:268.8 CW:249 GW:150

My LiveJournal

Guest Tina_30

sounds good, how many points are they? thanks for sharing your review!

I agree that these are absolutely yummy!!! :D

Lizzy

highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today! ;)

Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05

YIPPEE!:exercise2 83% towards Gold award

I love the spicy chick'n patties! They are excellent for my meatless days because they are a good source of protein and taste great too! I love to eat them with southwestern spicy mustard or bbq sauce.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

They are good, as a matter of fact I am having one for lunch today on a light wheat bun, w/FF mayo. and lettuce & tomato.4 pts. total for the sandwich. I packed some left over birdseye grilled veges and pasta to go with it. I can't wait for lunch and all for only 5 pts. !!!!!!

Guest PhatLady

LOVE THESE!! They are so good!

Can you count them as a vegetable??

Are these better than the meatless burgers? I tried those and just couldn't even make it to the second bite.:ugh: I'd love to try the chicken if you all think it's tasty.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SW:176 (8/31/04)

GW:144 (1/11/05)

CW:127.5

PG: 125

LIFETIME: 04/05/05

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius

IMO these are a ton better than boca burgers, which I don't care for.

I doubt they can be counted as a veggie, it's processed soy which is a legume with more protein properties than anything else.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

I've had these and love 'em too.

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

I wanted to try these but aren't they loaded with with oil that is really bad for you. Can't for the life of me think of the name. Hydo something.

Anyone know.

Here are the ingredients from the Spicy Chik'n. I don't see the bad fats unless I'm missing something.

Ingredients: Patty: Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Soy Protein Isolate, Wheat Gluten, Contains Less Than 2% Of Egg Whites, Salt, Wheat Flour, Corn Starch, Carrageenan, Washed Raw Sugar, Cultured Whey, Skim Milk, Canola Oil, Lactose, Extractives Of Turmeric. Breading: Wheat Flour, Salt, Washed Raw Sugar, Dried Yeast. Batter: Water, Wheat Flour, Dried Onions, Vinegar Powder, Dried Garlic, Salt, Spices, Washed Raw Sugar, Paprika, Maltodextrin, Acacia Gum, Natural Flavor, Corn, Malted Barley, Rye, Citric Acid, Browned In Expeller Pressed High Oleic Safflower Oil.

http://bocaburger.com/boca_productinfo.aspx?product=5928360014

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Yeah, the ingredients Joanne posted are correct. I watch my intake of PHO (trans fats) very carefully... and these are a staple in my freezer.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

Guest connorlevismom

I have to agree with everyone....these are so good! I eat them often.

Kristine

Guest shannon35

Yum! Spicy Chik n Patties have been one of my staples since I started WW the first time. They are delicious!!!!!!!!!!! :p Now I am craving one!

Shannon :D

Guest America's.Sweetheart

I have never tried the Boca chicken patties .... I regularly eat the Morning Star Farms Chik Patties, Nuggets, and Veggie "wings" (spicy chicken nuggets). How does Boca compare with MSF?

I haven't tried these either, but the Parmesan Ranch chicken patties by Morningstar Farms are delicious! A little "high" in points (4) for that type of thing, but really tasty...

I'm a big Morningstar fan myself. I've also had the corn dogs, pizza's and use the crumbles and burger patties every week.

The chicken ones are great also. (I just haven't been able to eat one since my Mother died. She loved them so an requested one made for her but never was able to eat it..) But one day I will. :-)

Kahfess

I have never tried the Boca chicken patties .... I regularly eat the Morning Star Farms Chik Patties' date=' Nuggets, and Veggie "wings" (spicy chicken nuggets). How does Boca compare with MSF?[/quote']

SW-9/20/04-403.2

:workout: CW - 350.00

:headover: GW-180

Keep the faith, not the weight!

I prefer the Boca chicks to the MorningStar Farms ones.....The boca ones have more of a balance of protein to carbs which is important for MY body (blood sugar issues). I do love the MSF corn dogs though. :)

Penny

SW 213.8

CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)

GW 150

Wife to Eugene :buddysmoo

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

I had to make DH a quick veggie dinner on Friday so I mic'd a spicy chick patty and put some low-carb bbq sauce on it and then topped it with homemade coleslaw for a faux-Southern feel. DH raved and raved, said it was one of the best things he'd eaten in a while. These are very good.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14