Health Discovery Network
Guest Stac30781

Trying to measure/plan 2nite for tomorrow and I'm being dumb about wheat pasta...HELP

Guest Stac30781

:help: Okay so I posted about this before but now that Im actually doing it- I cannot figure this out. Once I figure out how to do it once, I won't ask again, PROMISE!

My serving size of wheat pasta is 3/4 cup. Obviously that is dry.

I'm looking to make a cup of pasta and put it in plain chicken broth (soup for dinner).

I plan to put the pasta on the scale to measure it....so I want to measure out 8 ounces I'd assume for a cup?? If that's correct....how do I figure out the point value for a cup of wheat pasta if the serving size is 3/4 cup? I can't figure out how to calculate this despite the posts (again, HORRIBLE in math).

I figured out that since there is a total of 16 ounces in the entire package and the label says there are 8 servings, am I to assume that one serving is 2 ounces? How does that work if I'm weighing 8 ounces for a cup uncooked??

I AM SO LOST and I just want to prepare it tonight and have the points planned out for the day. I promise this will be the last pasta question I ask once I figure out how to do it once. PROMISE!!!

Stac, weigh out 2 ounces of WW pasta on your scale. Then cook it, and then measure it out in a cup measure--should be about 1 cup. And that's 3 points.

Just remember that 8 liquid ounces is different from 8 ounces weight.

If you want 3/4 cup of the pasta, then figure this: 1/2 of 3 points is 1 1/2 points, so 3/4 of a cup of the pasta would be probably 2 points. Does that makek sense? :)

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Guest Stac30781

So the nutrition label information for 3/4 cup is the same as weighing 2 ounces on the scale correct???

Yes, the nutrition label for 3/4 cup is the same as 2 oz on the scale (dry, uncooked).

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

Guest Stac30781

I measure my 2 ounces out and am all set--- now I know for the future... 2ounces is 3 points for the wheat and I'm all set.

It didn't seem like much at first but that's okay...Definitely a lot easier as you get going.

I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Guest Brucifer

FL oz. is based ob volume and Net oz. is based on weight

Just remember the 2 oz (weight) of pasta can take up a diffent amount of volume depending on how the pasta is cut as well as the density of the actual pasta. It's always best to measure portions the same way the package states it. However some will tell you both ways. I personlly trust my scale more than I trust my eye to get a FL oz level.

The reason I felt this needed to be stated is because one of my packages of WW pasta actually states the 2 oz (Weight) is equal to 1/2 cup not 3/4 of a cup. Just make sure you don't forget to check the nutritional info on the back if you happen to switch brands. I've even seen differnces in the Dietary Fiber per serving in different WW pastas. I've seen as little as 2g and as much as 6g for the same exact serving size.