Health Discovery Network
plcm111195

Alba Haystacks

Here's my version of Haystack cookies. 2 Points and counts as a milk serving and very high fiber. 26g to be exact. If you have a sensitive tummy you might not want to eat them all.

Alba Haystacks

1 pkg chocolate Alba

2 tbs DV SF Syrup of your choice

2 tbs FF Half and Half

1 cup All Bran Extra Fiber

Mix Alba, DV and Half and Half in a bowl. Mix well. Add cereal and stir to coat. Drop onto waxed paper to make cookies. Place in freezer until firm.

I used German Chocolate Cake DV on first batch. I liked them.

You could use any high fiber cereal, just adjust the points if necessary.

I'm going to experiment tonight with using skim milk as a replacement for the FF half and half as I'm trying to limit added sugars which was the whole reason for this recipe using Alba instead of chocolate chips. But even with the FFH&H it's still way less sugar than the chocolate chips.

I'm thinking depending on your cereal choice, this could be Core, but limited to once a day due??? I'm not sure since I'm still Flexing. :)

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I just mentioned in another thread that I've recently been subbing Kashi Go Lean Cereal to get more protein. I like them even better, but it does add a point.

Joanne

Guest sodacracker

I am not sure what Alba is - is it like Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink mix?

I can only find it at a couple Krogers in my area. It's usually with the sugar free foods. I have ordered it from Kroger's special order page on the website but it's much more expensive that way. But there was a time when I wasn't finding it at the store. It's back now.

There is a post on the recipe boards for Homemade Alba I have not tried it so I can't vouch for it.

Here is another post where people talk about other places they've found it.

Joanne

Guest sodacracker

I made a version of this that works out to 1 point each. I think the recipe was somewhere on BCB.

Mix 125 grams of very high fibre cereal (I use once called Fibre Plus, or any with 13 + grams of fibre per serving), with 12 ounces of melted chocolate chips. Divide into 26 cookies and let harden. Each has 2 grams of fibre, 78 calories and 2.2 grams fat bringing them in at 1 point. Depending on your cereal you may have to re-caculate.