Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Core Baked Oatmeal: WWCarol's "Tweak"

Just came out of the oven, I'll post what I think of it when I try it.

I really can't believe it says 4 servings, this thing is big! ... I'm probably cutting it into 8.

Erin (Princess Dirty Bird)

Oh. It was 4 servings when I first started Core. Now I can easily be satisfied with an 1/8th. :) :bcbsalute

WHAT was I thinking?! LOL. (I've also cut down on the size of my oatmeal bowls.)

DH still likes the bigger piece.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I had loose Splenda, not packets so I estimated the amount that would be in packets (and I don't use them often, I should have looked it up) and it obviously wasn't enough. They definitely aren't sweet enough. Not a bad flavor but so dense it was almost dry... like I needed a gulp of milk with each bite.

Do you leave it out like a bread/pastry or keep it in the fridge?

Erin (Princess Dirty Bird)

I tried this today and underestimated the time it needed to cook, although it looked done to me. I used 12 oz of evap milk because I didn't have any FF yogurt on hand (I ate the crap out of that stuff when I first started Core but I rarely have any these days). I also substituted ginger for nutmeg and used granulated splenda (I think about 1 tbsp).

When I turned it out of the pan the bottom part wasn't quite done. This has turned out to be a happy accident -- with the egg and evaporated milk it's custard-like with a firm, crusty bottom. Still good finger food but I imagine I'll refrigerate it.

I agree that it is very dense. If I make it again I think I'll add fruit/nuts/a sugar-free syrup for an extra punch of flavor because mine is rather bland. I think it would be good to break up into pieces and eat with fruit as a trifle or mix with baked apples or something similar.

~Ellen~

made this last night...had a great texture and is definitely satisfying! Next time i would add some extra splenda or some davinci syrup to give it some more sweetness. Or maybe substitute banana for the applesauce to get more flavor? Definitely a great recipe though-thanks so much! :D

Jen

Bumping Up...

Made this for the first time as I am BORED with hot cooked oatmeal for now. It's in the oven now. I didn't have oatbran, so I used cream of wheat (have no idea how that will go.) I also took sf blueberry applesauce cup (not core, but 0 pts over the recipe) instead of regular to give it a pretty color. We'll see how it goes...

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

This came out more baked-good like than I expected. I guess I expected that it would be a little more granola-bar like than cake-like. But I like it. A lot. Is the texture because I used cream of wheat instead of oatbran, or because that's the normal texture...what's it supposed to be like?

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

Guest Lewis89

Bumping up....sounds good. :)

Bumpity bump! To the top! Gonna make this today!

Nicki HW 284.0/SW 246.6/CW 246.0/GW 184

LIFETME- 5/5/07 (lost 100 lbs)

If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!

I have been doing Core for quite some time and never really had the inclination to make this recipe... last night the mood struck me and OMG, it is SO good! I added chopped apples, orange zest and a 1/4C brown sugar (maybe 1pt per serving) along with the splenda and it is wonderful! I also used the entire can of evaporated milk so I added 1/4 more oatmeal and oatbran. The rest stayed the same.

I fully expected this to be more like the crockpot oats, still a little liquidy but it turned out more like an apple cake... what a nice suprise. DH and the kids will love this! Thanks for sharing.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

It is time to refresh this wonderful recipe... thanks again.

Lifetimer for life!

wecanbegintofeed.blogspot.com