Health Discovery Network
MRSchultz

Anybody switch back to Flex from CORE?

Hi, eveybuddy: :)

I'm in a rut and thinking about changing back to Flex. I started CORE right away when it was introduced and loved it. I lost a few and had some success, but now I'm in a rut and having trouble stopping when full, etc. I do miss the variety of the Flex, but LOVE the idea of eating without writing it down with CORE.

Has anybody made the switch back? Any advice or ideas?

Thanks a lot, Marcia :)

187(start)/187(now)/150WW/135P<br /><br />Be Smart, Do It For YOURSELF!

Guest PrincessMoonbeam

I switched to flore, because I found that fruit was a trigger food for me, and that I could not get "satisfied" without more fat and protein. And, I retained water every time I ate grains or starches. So, I eat lf dairy, non starchy veggies, and proteins, and count points.

Guest ameliaamy

Yep, I switched back on Thursday. I'd recommend easing back into flex (keep eating core foods, just count the points). Helps to use up food around the house, at least. :kiss: It's also good because the core foods are filling - I was eating bulgar and black beans, oatmeal, brown rice. I was eating a greater volume of food on core, and was afraid when I switched back that there wouldn't be enough volume to feel full. I did notice that a little, but keeping veggies on hand and weaning myself from the grains back onto my flex staples (frozen dinners and dried fruits, SO not core!) made the transition easier. And the other gal is right: protein and fats go a long way toward feeling full. The 2t of healthy fats on Core were something I really needed, and I'm going to make sure I get them in on flex.

Best of luck! :bcbsalute

I too switched back. I had already been including many of the CORE foods into flex before core had come out. (Beans, whole grains, etc) The lack of portion control was just not a good thing for me personally. I have incorporated some of the new core finds into my points plan like couscous and yogurt smoothies, but I feel much more comfortable with the variety that Flex offers me.

This is Day Two for me of switching back to Flex (for a week, or until I get to goal, I think) after being happily on Core since it started.

I just posted a thread on the Daily about how Day One went~ :) :bcbsalute

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I never switched from Flex to Core. I was successful with Flex, liked keeping an accounting of what I ate each day and I find the writing down was good for me to keep track of myself.

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

Guest jwynne

I did core for 3 weeks, but it was nearly impossible to do and work (at least for me). Unless you have leftoevers from supper, without being able to use frozen dinners, coming up with something for lunch after a few weeks was just HARD for me. The one real benefit of switching back was that being on Flex was like a treat - all these marvelous things to choose from that I had taken for granted! The hardest part was no unlimitted fruit.

Guest linker

I too am a fan of core. The foods I love to eat are basically the whole grains. I made some incredible soups and desserts. I spent one day a week cooking and freezing for the week, and always made sure I had lunches covered. HOWEVER, I am backing off for a couple of weeks, because, all the fiber rich grains and fruits and vegetables were causing gas..big time..not a good thing when you work in a public arena daily. Will go back tho' because it's the healthiest way to eat! Anyone else a little gassy?

I'm with Ginaki. I never switched. I didn't like the idea of the list of acceptable foods. Too much of a trigger temptation eating something "off the list."

SurferGirl

Mom to baby Boy born 9/18/05

Mom to baby Boy born 5/8/09

SW (7/1/09): 168

CW (8/13/09): 166.5

GW: 145

Height 5'7

August goal: 8 pounds

168 - 166.5 - 160

Guest ameliaamy

Hi linker,

I had the same problem w/ gassiness, and we were discussing it in another thread (sorry, can't find it now, I think it was in the dailies). Beano works well for it, and Judy said that her body has gotten used to it now/ less gassy.

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

-Amy

I switch back and forth between the two (week to week) depending on what is happening for me each week. Nothing says you have to be exclusive to one or the other-that's the beauty of TurnAround :headover:

It's funny.....I kept assuming that I would switch back and forth between flex and CORE, but so far, I haven't felt the need to.

However, I imagine that week of Xmas and New Years, I will need to, since we go out SO much.

Panda

Panda Bear

"Supposing you have tried and failed again and again. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

Guest girlinmotion

I switch back and forth too. I did Core for a few months to try it. It suited me beautifully when I was at home a lot, with time to cook. Especially when I'm really focussed on my sports and running. Core lets me eat when I'm hungry as long as it's healthy foods. When I'm very active (like a 2 hour game or practise or a 1 hour run every day), I need to eat more and Core lets me listen to my body that way without trying to figure out APs all the time. I don't have that worry that I'll be starving after a game but not have points left. I can always have some fruit, yogourt or oatmeal etc.

These days I'm back on Flex, my DB is doing Flex and it's nice to do it together. I switched to Flex when we went on vacation as well. I'm a vegetarian so eating out generally involves grilled vegetable sandwhiches, pastas, and veggie burgers...all that bread and white pasta doesn't fit into Core very well but is fine on Flex.

I agree, having 2 programs available is really great for me!

I switched to flex after 3 weeks on core. I wasn't losing but that first week. I still eat alot of the core foods but now count points. So far that's working for me. We will see come Monday when I have my first weigh in. Good luck.

I switched back to Flex. As our leader said, it's good to have more than one option.

I'm doing Fasttrack this week to shake up my body and get my mind in gear. Started it Thurs. and it's good fine so far - so far so good!

Ashlee :walking: (around town and then home from work tonight)

Be the change that you want to be.

I guess I'm the lone weirdo here, both times I switched back to Flex I gained. I won't be switching from Core again but it's great that we have both options. :)

FrugalWitch

i just started the program AGAIN and switched back after a week. i felt like i was eating too much on core...i don't yet seem able to "eat until satisfied". i'll try it again, when my hunger levels stabilize. i also agree that it takes a bit more planning and preparation than my busy schedule will allow just now. who am i kidding...i can't/don't cook. i need to be able to eat out and on the run.

Lily

re-committed 7.2.08

starting weight 184 - gulp!

current weight 180.8 :)

I did the Core program for three weeks. I switched back two weeks ago. I found I was eating too much on Core. I like the thought of not counting but I am not strong enough to tell myself, "that's enough now!!!" I need to count the points and know when I have had all I can have for the day.

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

I know I couldnt' do core at this point, so I've remained on Flex. Even if I did core, I'd have to write everything down.

Kahfess

SW-9/20/04-403.2

:workout: CW - 350.00

:headover: GW-180

Keep the faith, not the weight!