Health Discovery Network
Kait617

Points for Tuna Casserole

My roommate is making tuna cassarole for dinner, and i was wondering if anyone had even an estimate for points. Thanks!

Kaitlin

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Guest judyo53

I have a points list that I'd be happy to e-mail you. Many of the points are guestimates on items like tuna noodle casserole which is pointed at 14 pts. for 1 cup. Again, that's a generic figure & it really all depends on the ingredients for such recipes. But on things like this it gives you an idea.

If you'd like this list send me a PM (private message), including your e-mail addy so I can attach this list (a Word document).

I make tuna casserole and again I estimate it by adding all the ingredients together then dividing by the number of servings it makes.

I use veggie pasta, enough to make 4 cups of cooked pasta, when it is almost cooked I pour the whole thing including the water into a casserole dish and add 1 can of half fat mushroom soup, 1 can tuna packed in water (drained) and 1 cup of frozen peas and 1 cup sliced mushrooms. Mix all together and bake for about 1/2 hr. It makes about 6 servings and I estimate it to be about 4-5 points per serving which is about 1 1/2 cups and is very filling and very yummy......

The trick to keeping it from being dry is including the water that you cooked your pasta in.

Shayla

Shayla Girvan<br />HW/SW/CW/GW<br />327/286/280/165<br /><br /><a

I make tuna casserole and again I estimate it by adding all the ingredients together then dividing by the number of servings it makes.

I use veggie pasta, enough to make 4 cups of cooked pasta, when it is almost cooked I pour the whole thing including the water into a casserole dish and add 1 can of half fat mushroom soup, 1 can tuna packed in water (drained) and 1 cup of frozen peas and 1 cup sliced mushrooms. Mix all together and bake for about 1/2 hr. It makes about 6 servings and I estimate it to be about 4-5 points per serving which is about 1 1/2 cups and is very filling and very yummy......

The trick to keeping it from being dry is including the water that you cooked your pasta in.

Shayla

:) Hmm..this sounds great, I'm going to have to give it a try!

Kahfess

SW-9/20/04-403.2

:workout: CW - 350.00

:headover: GW-180

Keep the faith, not the weight!

hi there,

I just inputed my info into a points calculator and came out with 6 points/per serving.

I added a whole package of veggie noodles, makes 6 servings

1 can of flaked tuna

1 can of condensed 1/2 fat mushroom soup

1 can peas

6 sliced mushrooms

chopped green onion

3 slices ff cheese

Split the whole thing into 6 servings and it works out to be 6 points per serving which is about 1 1/2 - 2 cups per serving which is alot

Shayla

Shayla Girvan<br />HW/SW/CW/GW<br />327/286/280/165<br /><br /><a