Health Discovery Network
CordyC

Core *Cheesecake*

I got this from a mailing list I subscribe to, and it's too good not to share with my buddies! It's the simplest thing in the world to make, even for the cooking-impaired, and tastes like a no-bake cheesecake. It makes an excellent topping to a bowl of berries or fruit salad, and a few twigs of Fiber One at the bottom of the bowl will nicely simulate "crust" while adhering to the Core guidelines of no cereal without dairy.

Here's the recipe:

Take 2 cups of FF plain yogurt and add 1 package of SF pudding mix (White Chocolate flavour is recommended). Stir to combine, and let sit for 5 minutes to firm up. That's it!

For my next potluck, I will use this as the custard component in a trifle. With SF angel food cake and frozen tropical fruit, it should be amaaaazing!!!

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Hey, wow, this sounds great..I'll have to let my daughter make some during our next cooking class. I'd been wanting to get something simple for her to make...and this would be great!

Kahfess

SW-9/20/04-403.2

:workout: CW - 350.00

:headover: GW-180

Keep the faith, not the weight!

Do you think, for those not Coreing it, that SF FF Cherry yogurt instead of the plain might work for a cherry version?

For those MCers like me:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Core Cheesecake

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

2 cups nonfat plain yogurt

1 box sugar free fat free instant white chocolate pudding mix

Mix together. Refrdergate until firm, about 5 minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 60 Calories; trace Fat (4.2%

calories from fat); 4g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1mg

Cholesterol; 58mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Non-Fat Milk.

NOTES : 1.8 points for 1/2 cup

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

That sounds good, Jeannette! SF/FF lemon or key lime flavoured yogurt would also be awesome IMO. Or cappuchino yogurt with chocolate pudding mix - mocha cheesecake, anyone???

SF/FF lemon or key lime flavoured yogurt would also be awesome IMO. Or cappuchino yogurt with chocolate pudding mix - mocha cheesecake, anyone???
Between the puddings and the pumpkin, my husband is losing it! :lol: If I serve one more thing for dessert with either of these, I'll have to get a lawyer. :embarrass

I can make it for myself, though... yummmm...

BTW, I edited the M/C'd recipe- I changed it to 1.8 points for 1/4 th of recipe. It works out to 1/2 cup measure this way.

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Has anyone tried this with yogurt cheese? I am thinking of trying something similar with yogurt cheese, geletin, pumpkin for a mock pumpkin cheesecake.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

you know what makes it even more cheesecakey???? use fat free sour cream! i have made this quite a few times and totally LOVE it! you can also use extracts (core) to flavor one way or the other....

the real world is bizarre enough for me...blue oyster cult :headover:

best of luck to slow losers, fast losers, we are all losers--and this is the only place where thats ok!

I was thinking of cherry yogurt & chocolate fudge pudding for my next version - this is a runaway train! I'll have to try it with the FF sour cream. As for your tweaks, Paris, working with gelatin scares me, so I'd use yogurt cheese, canned pumpkin, pudding mix (but not the butterscotch, 'cause I think it's nasty!) and I'd use a stand mixer if I had one because this'd get very stodgy very quickly!!

Guest FoodAllergyMom

It sounds great! Thanks for the idea!

Hi All: I got this Core Cheesecake from our WW leader.

Take container FF Sour Cream and mix it with SF/FF vanilla instant pudding for 2 minutes (use electric beater as it gets thick). Makes 4 servings.

I have race my husband to the refrig when I made it as he loves it.

Norma :

I tried this, mixing the ff yogurt with ff sour cream. It was OK, I will make it again, but it's not going to make my "must have" list. I could really taste the sweetener in the pudding, I think. Sheila

Guest ColleenTeacher

Here are a couple more variations.....

Almost Cheesecake (1 serving)

1/2 cup ff cottage cheese

2TBSP fat free cool whip

1/4 package fat free sugar free vanilla pudding

1 cup fresh strawberries.

Blend first three ingredients until smooth. Pour into bowl then put in the freezer for a while (doesn't matter...just depends on how frozen you like it). Add fresh strawberries to top and eat!!!!

And another......

Black Forest Cheesecake (1 serving)

1 serving frozen strawberries (or fresh will work too)

1 serving ff cottage cheese

1/4 pkg ff sf chocolate pudding powder

2 TBS ff sf cool whip

Blend it up til smooth--I needed to keep stirring to get it to blend right but it came out the PERFECT pudding consistency & tasted like black forest cake.

And yet another.....

New York Style cheesecake (4 servings)

1 large container ff cottage cheese

1 ~ 6 oz yogurt (lemon chiffon)I used Dannon lite & fit

1 pkg white choc mousse ff/sf pudding mix

Put all in food processor & blend until smooth.

Chill & serve with strawberries

I am new to the CORE plan but I think you would have to count points for the ff cool whip. But isn't it a 0 point food?

Colleen~ Your recipes look great! :) The Cool Whip would be "zero" points, but the "flavored" yogurts aren't CORE! :sobbing: You could use plain yogurt and SF syrups for flavoring OR you could count the points~

I like the idea of the FF cottage cheese as an ingredient.

I made the Cook 'N Serve Vanilla pudding and added the plain yogurt to make a cheesecake "tweak" I saw on the WW board. It's a "no thank you" for me. :p (I think I might throw them in my smoothies to use them up, since they are CORE~) :bcbsalute

I guess I believe, in order to be "dessert", it has to be CHOCOLATE! :rolleyes:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Ok, I tried this with the vanilla pudding and the sour cream. It had such a bitter aftertaste that I had to throw it all out. DH didn't like it either.

Didn't anyone else get this? I don't know what I did any different.

Donna in Calgary, Alberta

SW: Apr. 3/02: 226.6

CW: Aug/09: 163.8

GW: 136

http://photobucket.com/albums/c94/darkscore/My%20Pictures/?

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely! :p

Donna, I think it is the brand of sour cream used. I have made it with some that just make it so bitter as you said, others don't. Try another brand next time.

Becky

"Every moment is an opportunity to succeed."

Just a question before I use up my precious store of Fat free plain yoghurt- has anyone made the original recipe of 2 cups yogurt and 1 package of pudding? I want to try that one, but I'm curious if anyone liked it.

Jeannette

Jeannette,

I make it all the time using 2 cups non-fat plain yogurt and white choc. SF/FF instant pudding mix. I then sprinkle a little homemade granola (I just cook oatmeal mixed with a little DiVinci SF syrup) on top. It is wonderful!!

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

Jeannette,

I make it all the time using 2 cups non-fat plain yogurt and white choc. SF/FF instant pudding mix. I then sprinkle a little homemade granola (I just cook oatmeal mixed with a little DiVinci SF syrup) on top. It is wonderful!!

Thanks, Gail! I'll try it for dessert tonight! I doubt the rest of the family will eat it, but it'll give me an alternative to ice cream or pudding.

Jeannette

Has anyone experienced a problem with bitterness using the yogurt? If so, maybe I'll try that instead of a different kind of sour cream. I hate wasting stuff by just making it and then dumping the whole thing in the garbage.

I bet yogurt cheese would get you pretty close to the flavour of cream cheese. Maybe I'll give that a try. Has anyone else tried it with yogurt cheese?

Donna in Calgary, Alberta

SW: Apr. 3/02: 226.6

CW: Aug/09: 163.8

GW: 136

http://photobucket.com/albums/c94/darkscore/My%20Pictures/?

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely! :p

I didn't care for it with justthe yogurt and the pudding, so I added some vanilla extract to counter some of the bitterness. Good, though!

Jeannette

I haven't noticed bitterness with mine using the yogurt. Maybe my taste buds have gone haywire! I just can't handle the FF sour cream because it leaves an after taste that I just can't get rid of :ugh: .

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

I made this all week after reading the first post on Core "cheesecake". I make it with plain fat free yogurt and chocolate sf/ff pudding mix. The first time was a little too sweet so I made it with 3 1/2 cups of yogurt and 1 package of mix. I LOVE IT!! I have it for breakfast and feel guilty eating it because it seems so good that it might be one of my "bad" foods.:o

BTW - I lost 3.6 lbs when I weighed in at noon. Could be the extra calcium.

Pam:exercise2

Lost 75lbs on WW so far!!

CW - 199

WW Goal - 158

Personal Goal -- 150

:workout:

There is a FF sour cream available in Canada that is really good - even my husband likes it. It's called Jersey Farms. Most are very artificial but this seems like "real" sour cream. Sheila

I LOVE this! I do the FF plain yogurt and the FF SF white choc. pudding. I do a dollop of FF cool whip and a few frozen blue berries. To DIE for! (i also put it on 1 LF graham cracker for 1 point so worth that 1 point!!) It tasted just like the real thing to me. Ive done the SF FF choc pudding but like the white better. DH likes it too!

Thank you for the recipe!!:angel

Grinbear:D

190/181.8/185

"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was."