Health Discovery Network
R1 GIRL

Sweet Potatoe Fries - how many points?

I just went to the Keg for lunch and ordered a new menu choice, but have no idea on the points. Anyone out there have a guess at what a regular order of sweet potatoe fries would be approx. instead of regular fries ordered with a chicken burger? I can figure out the burger (I usually get a grilled chicken burger) but thought I'd get the sweet potatoe fries instead of a salad this time. Any ideas?

Jody aka R1 GIRL

Vancouver, B.C. CANADA

SW: 190 / CW: 165 / GW: 165 (I'm there!!!)

NEW GOAL WEIGHT: 155

I just called the Keg and asked, they said that they were fried. Not good. So I am going to guess that they are probably around the same as regular fries?

Jody aka R1 GIRL

Vancouver, B.C. CANADA

SW: 190 / CW: 165 / GW: 165 (I'm there!!!)

NEW GOAL WEIGHT: 155

I would count them the same as regular fries. But try to make some baked ones at home. They are sooo good! Spritz with olive oil, season them up and bake at 450 for 40 minutes (or more depending on size). I also do this with regular potatoes and they are the bomb!!!

5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

pammo those sound soooo good. i'm cooking challenged so i need to ask a couple of questions....so i wash and slice up the potatoes...can i leave the skin on? and then you said spritz with olive oil. how do you do that? put the olive oil in a spray container? what spices do you use. thanks!

Lily

re-committed 7.2.08

starting weight 184 - gulp!

current weight 180.8 :)

This is what i do.

I peel the potatoes (you don't have to) cut them in say 1inch chuncks.

I spray with Pam the sprinkle on those potatoe pleaser spice packets, they are really good. I also add some seasoning salt and garlic powder.

I bake them in the oven on a Pampered chef cookie sheet for 1hr at 350. They get crunchy. Very good and you can have alot to make 7oz net weight. Its half of a dinner plate full of potatoes. Yum and very filling. And only 3 points!

I love making "sweet potato fries"!!

here's what I do:

Version 1:

scrub but leave skin on. Use my "Spirooli". Spray baking sheet and potatoes with Pam (Olive oil flavor or regular). Bake till crisp (usually around 400degrees)

Version 2:

Scrub (I always leave skin on), slice into 1/2" slices. place on Pam'd baking sheet. Spray w/Pam. Sprinkle on parm cheese. Again, bake till crisp!

Enjoy!

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com