Health Discovery Network
Guest GirlFriday

Kraft Light Spreadable Cheese Wedges

Guest GirlFriday

Not sure if this one has been mentioned yet, but they are fairly new to me. I always had a hard time finding Laughing Cow spreadable cheese. DD told me about these at our Super Walmart and now I always have them on hand! They can be found in the 'fancy cheese' section (near the deli, in our case). They are less expensive than the Laughing Cows, too - still 1 point per wedge. One of my favorite afternoon snacks is a cheese wedge on a slice of toasted light wheat bread - because of the high fiber in the bread, it's still only 1 point for the whole thing! I sometimes wash it down with a cup of FF lactose milk w/squirt of SF chocolate. THis lasts me all afternoon and I'm not starving by dinner!

Mary

Mary -

Thanks for the heads up on the Kraft Light Cheese Wedges. I have trouble finding the Laughing Cow too! My friend at work brings me the flavored Laughing Cow Light Wedges (Garlic and Herb, and French Onion). They are delicious, but I can't find them anywhere. I will check for these at my supermarket. Unfortunately, I do not have a Super Walmart near me that I know of. Have a happy OP day!

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

This may be dumb question but I have never had laughing cow cheese is all of it just swiss?? I do not like swiss and won't look for it if it is all swiss

Donna

Donna--Laughing Cow cheese says it is swiss, but to me it doesn't taste like it. I can't stand swiss (slices), but LOVE the cow!

Sharon

Guest GirlFriday

Ditto to what Shar said. I love swiss and was hoping for these to have a good swiss flavor, but they really don't. However - they are still excellent!

Mary

Just a heads up on the Laughing Cow. My super W doesn't have it by the regular cheese. It's up front by the gourmet cheeses by the deli. Maybe you can find it there. I'll definitely look for the Kraft tho if it's cheaper. It's pretty steep! But actually not bad if you compare it to what we'd normally be eating as a snack (per serving) And it's great! I like it on wasa light rye crackers. I have enough from one wedge for 3 wasa slices!

Ever since South Beach Diet touted laughing cow, it's really hard to find. It's nice to know there's a good alternative. Thanks for sharing. I"ll be looking for these cheese wedges!

I really have to say that I am a very picky eater. I do not like to try new things because I am afraid of not liking them. My DH told me one day just to try it. The Laughing Cow cheese was on sale and I had a coupon, how much could I lose? Well go to find out I LOVE THIS CHEESE! I am not a big cheese fan but this one is so great! Everyone should try it.

Lori<br /><br />180/140/125

Guest America's.Sweetheart

I personally like Laughing Cow better than the Kraft wedges .... LC just had a better taste, imo. But if you can't find LC, the Kraft is fine. I eat my LC wedge with a Nabisco 100 Cal snack pack of wheat thins for a three point snack. My favorite snack, now.

Guest deedon63

Please let me know where you buy the Kraft wedges - I've never seen them! I have a hard time finding the Laughing Cow brand & when I do, it's only swiss. The only grocery stores we have here are Kroger, Aldi, & Meijer.

America'sSweetheart - great idea on the 3 point snack! Love the cheese and the 100 point packs!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SW:176 (8/31/04)

GW:144 (1/11/05)

CW:127.5

PG: 125

LIFETIME: 04/05/05

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius