Health Discovery Network
tortoise123

Cold Stone Sinless Sweet Cream...

Cold Stone makes their own ice cream which they mush up with paddles (and add-ins, like fruit or candy) : their f/f s/f offering is called Sinless Sweet Cream. It's delicious with fresh bananas. Unfortunately one of the ingredients caused dreadful intestinal distress, so I won't be eating it again.

I've never had a reaction to Olestra or Simplesse or any other "diet" fat or sweetener and I'm sure many folks can enjoy this without problems. But I thought I'd post just to offer a "head's up."

There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

Do you know what you had the reaction to?! :eek:

I thought the sweetener was Splenda?

LUCKILY, I don't like Cold Stone.

(Can you believe it?! :p ;) )

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Well Carol

I happen to love Cold Stone unfortunately. ;) Didn't realize they had that flavor, will check out in the smallest size. Will need to check Dottie's for pts.

Hoping I don't have a reaction to it.

Thanks for the heads up tortoise

edited- checked out Dotties- 3pts for the smallest size.

Lizzy

highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today! ;)

Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05

YIPPEE!:exercise2 83% towards Gold award

It's some type of fat substitute causing the problem, not Splenda. I use Splenda all the time.

I get Blue Bunny f/f s/f ice cream at the store and have no reaction to that - except a desire to overeat!

There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

Perhaps they are using a combination of sweetners like malitol ( I think that is what it is called) with the Splenda. It is those other sweeteners that they use, like in the sugar-free candy and such, that makes people sometimes have gastrointestinal side effects.

made goal at 134 lbs, got pregnant (gained up to 196.5 pounds!), and now have my baby pounds to loose <br /> 169 weight after giving birth/143/130 5'3

Guest bcb904

Here are the ingredients, copied from their website:

SINLESS SWEET CREAM NONFAT ICE CREAM

Skim Milk, Maltodextrin, Lactitol, Sorbitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mono & Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Sucralose (SPLENDA), Carrageenan, Vitamin A Palmitate

I stand corrected...whatever, it was poison for me! Too bad, because it was delicious.

I have the same reaction to ice cream -- especially if it's eaten in a larger than normal portion. I don't care how it's made; it has the same effect on my digestive system. Doesn't usually stop me though! What size was the portion from Cold Stone? I think their portions are larger than 1/2 cup!

Mary in NM

Lifetime since 1987

Back to goal and Leading for 8+ years!

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Never forget:

JFF 1/23/41-1/30/02 my hubby

NHK 11/24/11-8/20/07 my dad

DCK 5/31/17-2/7/08 my mom

remarried 12/10/07!!!

Guest Lori B

I went to Cold Stone for the first time ever, in October. I had the sinless sweet cream and loved it!! No stomach trouble here.

Lori

The "Like it" is the smallest serving size. I always get it with Strawberries and Bananas mixed in. It's heaven and filling and only 4 pts. (I add an extra for the fruit but if you only have the strawberries it would be 3). I always have a reaction to anything with Malitol in it, however the ingred. in the Cold Stone never has bothered me. Unfortunately, one of our Cold Stones is no longer making the sinless and the one that we usually go to is not making it for the winter. I sure hope they go back to making it in the Spring. I look forward to our Sat. night dessert.

176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!

Guest Jerz_grl

Hi~ I went to Cold Stone to try the Sinless Sweet Cream and they didn't have it. The counter woman implied that they aren't making it any longer. They had Sweet Cream Yogurt instead. I tried it and, well, not so great IMHO. The counter woman said that they are going to start carrying a Atkins friendly selection. She wasn't sure if it was yogurt, ice cream or sorbet.

(But here's what really gets me... I just moved to Columbus OH from Baltimore MD and I've noticed that the ice cream places here DON'T carry frozen yogurt! What's the deal with that? The Cold Stone in Maryland had 3 flavors of yogurt!)

Donna- I've found blue bunny ice cream at SuperWalmarts.

Lizzy

highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today! ;)

Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05

YIPPEE!:exercise2 83% towards Gold award