Health Discovery Network
Diamond

My Magic Weight Loss Bullet

Hey buddies - I came across this post I had posted a long time back and wanted to share it with you all - especially those of you who are struggling right now. Hang in there!

As the pounds crawl away into the deep, dark hole where they belong, I am starting to receive numerous compliments regarding how I look.

Then, inevitably, the questions start coming.

People want to know how I did it. They wait with baited breath, certain that what I am about to tell them will solve their obesity.

I choose my words carefully, knowing what people want to hear, but unable to give them what they need.

They want a magic weight loss bullet! They want magic words which they can make their own - something they can apply to their lives, or even their bodies, to help them shed the weight - a quick fix - something painless.

But little do they know that my magic bullet is called perserverance.

It's that thing in my head which tells me I am worth it. That life has to be more than chocolate fudge brownies.

It's that growing knowledge that there's only one way to lose weight - and that's the WW/BCB way - that my magic bullet is staying OP 24/7.

But, most importantly, it's knowing that there is no magic bullet in the form they would want.

As I list off how I lost weight I see their eyes glaze over and their smiles start to fade. They are already planning their suppers and making arrangements for daycare in their heads.

Their disappointment is palpable.

They begin to grow restlesss, and soon they make an excuse to scurry off in search of the magic potion, or life's other elusive dreams.

I am an anomoly - someone who believes that losing weight takes determination, planning, self-control and knowledge.

I am them, only a few short years ago.

I am the success story that's seldom printed - after all, there is no money to be had in good old-fashioned will-power.

I am a BCBer.

Karen

Joined WW + BCB 07/09/11

Then:

SW 252

GW 166.4

Lifetime, 5/27/02

Now:

CW 213

It's not how much I have to lose, but how much I stand to gain

http://www.geocities.com/diamonddoll52/Finding_me.html

Guest JudyD

Thanks for another great post Karen. I followed your story on your website, you've been an inspiration. :bcbsalute

Guest Ransomed One

Thank you for posting this.

People sometimes ask how I've lost weight. They sure do lose interest when I say I eat less. A lot less. :)

Guest karen_wizzabeth

This was great. Thanks for posting it.

What a great true post.. A few weeks ago I was at the gym and ran into a woman who had just joined but I knew her from the other gym I had belonged to well she said to me You look so great and asked how I had lost the weight and I told her WW's and she said I was so afraid you were going to say that..she said that yrs ago after having her baby she had done WW's and had gotten such great results to where she was thinner than before she had the baby..if she knew how great WW's was I wonder why she ever tried Adkins, south beach, slim fast and all the other diets , being one of those people who always wished for the magic weight loss bullet I can understand..

Donna

That's sure a true post Karen.

I used to work with a girl who lost a ton of weight, then put it all back on. She knows I do WW. and often tells me how great I'm doing when I see her on the street. HOWEVER, when I mention about WW. and that I do a lot of walking - her comment - oh well, I can't walk because I'm too heavy. I just don't eat right I know. I can't lose weight because I can't get any exercise and on and on and on.

I guess we just all have to find the "NON-magic bullet" for ourselves to be successful.

Ashlee :walking: (downtown, home and to and from WW. later today)

Be the change that you want to be.

Guest Minelli0205

This post is so great. At some point or another we all hoped that there was such a thing as a magic weight loss bullet where losing weight would be easy and painless but that's not the case. We all know this now. Unfortunately others are still stuck.

Thanks again for posting this.

Thanks Karen for the great post, I have seen this look lots of times lately. I have printed this out to keep handy. :)

The only one that can stop me...is me...and I can take her!

:bcbkickbu

SW~265 CW~195 GW~159

6765.gif