Health Discovery Network
CPich67

One point brownies

I had a hard time making these out to one point...plus in canada our beans come in 19oz cans and the brownie mix in 16oz boxes...so I divided it every which way and found that 9.5 oz of beans (1/2 can) and 2 cups and one 1 tbsp of brownie mix makes 36 in a mini muffin pan and they come to one point each. I think that it might work better with a low fat brownie mix and my mix was certainly not low fat but soooooo good.

Kelley

HW/SW/CW/WWG/PGW

184/169/151.0/155/149

WWG 11/02/05

I am definately going to try this - it sounds scary with the beans, but I am game (in order to tame my chocolate fix) :)

Thanks for the recipe!

Kim

SW 187 :help: Began WW 6/9/11

CW 169 :work_out: Lost 18.2 lbs so far!

GW 160 :goal:

Well, I tried this recipe...the brownies are great! My family thought they were good and never knew the difference. You should have seen their face when I told them what the ingredients were!

I did add some extra water in, as the batter was too thick. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Kim

SW 187 :help: Began WW 6/9/11

CW 169 :work_out: Lost 18.2 lbs so far!

GW 160 :goal:

Guest claudettehh

I just ran out to the store to buy the ingredients. With the brownie mix I bought, these come out to 2 points, but that's not bad at all for a brownie. I'm making them tonight.

I just made these. While they taste terrific, they didn't rise much in the oven so they're kind of flat. I cut it into 40 pieces, 1.1 points each.

256/171/165

(This includes gaining and losing 50 extra pounds while pregnant.)

Stalled and frustrated!

Guest sw2408

This just sounds too good to be true. One question: should I buy the No Pudge mix or your standard store brand mix for the lowest points?

Thanks!

Shari :)

Guest TJBarb

Can these brownies be frozen after cooking since they make such a large batch?:)

Guest KellyGreen

After much debate (with myself, lol) I decided to try these brownies....and all I have to say is ......

WOW!!!! I cannot believe how good these are!!?! I was reeeeaaallyyy skeptical, but wow, unbelieveable, wow.

Who would have thunk it??

Beans?!

WOW

Bonus: The kids get their protein and fiber-----in a BROWNIE!!!

Guest TJBarb

I must say....I tried these out of curiosity, with every intention of either giving them away or throwing them out! They are amazing!! But the true test was to see if my 25 yr. old son, who is as picky as they come would even try one. I never told anyone what was in them and when I got back at the end of the day he had made a huge hit on them! How funny is that....if he only knew! Thanks for the recipe! By the way, does anyone know the calorie count?

Guest KellyGreen

Bumping up...this is way too good not to share!!

I think using the no pudge mix would only be healthier for you in the long run...I'm going to next time.

I was reading, all excited to see 1 point brownies...then saw beans and said "EEwwww!"

But I will give them a try. Maybe I'll take them to the Pampered Chef party I'm going to on Friday! LOL

Joined WW: 8/23/05

SW: 217.2

CW: 190.8

Total weight loss to date -26.4

Guest Sammi Jo

After having this recipe for a loooong time I made them tonight. Everyone loved them!! Even after I told them that there was beans in them! This is truly a must try!!!

I just made it and its pretty good... but... I can still taste a bit of the beans? am I the onlyone tasting the beans?

what am I doing wrong?

need more water?

Loana(31)

mommy of:

Brendan(8 yrs),Ethan(5 yrs),Dylan(4 yr)

SW-243 :mad:

CW-243

GW-150-165

The pumpkin muffins are a favorite around my house. They are just soo yummy and good

I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174

current weight 161

recommittment loss 3 pounds

Can somebody please tell me what kind of brownie mix brand that they are using. Is it a diet brownie mix?

Please, I cant weight to try them. As disgusting as they sound. The sound really liked.

Please let me know, Thanks anyone.

1st goal: 120lbs

Goal weight: 105lbs

"WHAT YOU DO TODAY, WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TOMMOROW. CUZ WHAT YOU DID YESTURDAY, MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TODAY!" --unknown:workout:

I baked the brownies and they were pretty good. After browsing the internet and there are lots of other people that make them, some even make them with out flour.

I altered it:

1 can black beans 15oz (or 19oz in canada minus 1/2. You probably could use the whole can it would probably work) puree it, add a 1/4 cup water, puree some more. Then pour it through a fine seive and push it through. Discard what is left remaining in the seive.

1 box brownie mix(I used DR.OETKER brwonies regular)

1 1/2tbs instant coffee - mash with spoon so its fine

Mix all ingredients

Pour into Pam sprayed mini muffin tray (fill each muffin completly to the top-makes about 24)

Bake at 350f for about 9-11mins

1.5points each

I think I would like to make a glaze like they do at TIM HORTONS for there Tim Bits

I could not taste the beans at all.

I could taste the coffee a little--mocha-ie

I would definitly make these again. I am gonna try freezing them. Maybe even in baggys of 2

1st goal: 120lbs

Goal weight: 105lbs

"WHAT YOU DO TODAY, WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TOMMOROW. CUZ WHAT YOU DID YESTURDAY, MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TODAY!" --unknown:workout:

Okay, I made these last night, and I didn't think they were all that great? They kind of have an after taste. I can eat them, they aren't horrible, but I was expecting these "great" brownies. Did I do something wrong? I did what the instructions said?

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

I made these with the no pudge mix....HOWEVER, the recipe calls for a larger box of brownie mix than no pudge offers...so I cut out about 1/4-1/3 cup of beans...maybe that will help anyone who is having trouble. They were pretty good...not as good as traditional no pudge with yogurt...MMMMMMM!!!!

Guest Rubydoo

Word of WARNING!!

Don't....I will repeat, DON'T taste this brownie batter. No one can take just ONE taste. Oh my gosh......This batter tastes wonderful too!!!!

Also, be sure not to overbake it. I did and it's too dry.

Has anyone tried this w/ diet pepsi/coke yet? Did it turn out?

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

Guest schmoe

Help!

I am bilingual but more French than English. I would so love to try this recipe but not quite sure about the black beans.

The only ones I could find (I live in a small town) is Black Turtle Beans. Are there the ones I shoud use?

Thanks.

Guest mememe123

Eeewwwww. These were nasty. All I could taste was the beans, and I hate beans!!! Just the smell of them made me sick. My 4-year-old did eat them though. Oh well.

Do you drain the beans before processing? I like the tip about running them through a sieve. Thanks

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

you make these in a 9x13 pan, how many servings does this come out to be? 32? are these only 1 pt each if you bake them in a 9x13 pan? cant wait to make these!!:)

Jamie :workout:

I loved these Brownies! :) I used a store brand low-fat brownie mix. I put the whole can of beans in food proccessor till completely liquidy.

I think they were better the second day. My son couldn't tell the difference. I kept telling him not to eat too many because they "pack a punch" with all that fiber!

I figured 2 pts a piece.

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

Missy,

Just dump the whole can in the food processor, no draining and rinsing then? I can see my DH eating the whole pan, and not draining makes me a little nervous :embarrass

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein