Health Discovery Network
sofffy

Can I still lose weight...

Hi everyone!:)

I was wondering if I could still lose weight even if I eat all my 35 weekly points allowance? I realised that there are some weeks when I really need them! Sometimes, I'm fine with my 20 points a day. I guess it's normal. I wanted you guys to tell me if you still lose when eating the extra points.:confused:

Thanks;)

Sofffy:salut

5'5

Highest pregnancyW: 187:bcb_down

SW: 167

CW: 158.6

WWG: 150

PG: 135-140

Guest sodacracker

Yes, you will still lose.

I have been eating all points coming my way since May 2004 and I have lost 1 lb a week on average. There are some posts about why it is good to keep your metoblism revved by eating enough. Hopefully someone will write to explain this better than I can. Good Luck!

Guest Weight2go

When you eat at the lower calories your body slows down because it won;t have enough fuel. It tries to "budget" the fuel. think budgeting the gas for your car if you don;t have enough. Youconserve your driving. But if you have more than enough gas, you don't mind making the extra trips because you have enough gas to make it.

The body will remain at the regular metabolic rate as long as it knows its getting enough fuel or food. that's why we need to eat all our points and gradually decrease. I found outneeded about 4000 calories to maintain my weight on a daily basis. I needed slightly more to gain. I'm at about 1800/day now with my points, so am losing steadily. Its enough to take care of body needs and burn the extra and not gain.

Thanks for your responses.:)

I am asking this question because I am not losing anymore weight... I drink the water, exercise but it seems that when I eat the 35 points allowed, I don't lose... I may be at the 'plateau'... I am a very slow loser and I would like to start losing again! I still have 8 pounds to go!!!:exercise2

Any tips?

5'5

If you haven't been using the 35 points all along, it's possible that your body is adjusting to the increased fuel. It may take a week or more for your body to figure things out and start losing again. Don't give up, just keep going! Also, it appears you didn't have a lot to lose to begin with and the closer you get to goal the losses tend to slow down. BTW, yes you can lose eating all available points. I lost 60+ pounds doing just that!:D

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I have broken through plateaus more than once by starting to eat every single point available to me (the 35 weekly points and my activity points). It's almost like my body realizes I'm not going to starve it after all, so it can let go of the fat.

WW put the points in the program for you to use. They're where they are (instead of being included, say, as a higher Target) so you can manage variations in your hunger and variations in your schedule.

Enjoy!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Thank you everybody! This helps!:)

5'5

Guest Anzito

Congratulations & Good Luck on the rest of your journey. I think all the responses may also help me. I have been stuck at the same exact weight for the last 4 weeks. It gets pretty frustrating. :crazy: I alot of the time do not eat my flex points but I do eat my activity points. I'll give it a shot with eating the flex points also.