Health Discovery Network
ricosha

Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

Destiny's Mom -- I think some people cut their cakes into 18 slices and that's what made them 3 points? I haven't tried this yet, but from reading through the thread, that was my first guess. :)

I think I'm going to give this a whirl tonight ...

Guest Latdawg

Here's some that I have collected from various sources.

Endless Possibilities Angel Food Cake

Serves: 12 Points: 3

This cake has so many good variations that I just had to rename it. My favorites are Margarita, Pumpkin and Cherry.

1 box Betty Crocker (1-Step) angel food cake mix

*see variations below*

Mix the angel food cake mix and desired flavor ingredients together and beat by hand until blended. Pour into ungreased 9x13 pan (or muffin tin) and bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes (muffins bake 15-18 minutes). Cool upside down for best results.

Pineapple (142/ 0/ 0) -- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice

Pina Colada (144/ 0/ 0) -- add 1 Tbsp coconut extract (and 1 Tbsp rum extract, optional) to pineapple directions

Carrot (145/ 0/ 0)-- add 1/2cup finely shredded carrot, 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to pineapple directions

Cherry (135/ 0/ 0) -- 1 can (20 oz) Comstock light cherry pie filling

Black Forest (143/ 1/ 1)-- add 1/2 cup cocoa to Cherry version (The chocolate sauce goes really well with this version for an additional point.)

Pumpkin (142/ 0/ 1) -- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, 3/4c water, 1T vanilla & 1T pumpkin pie spice (or spices below)

Spiced (132/ 0/ 0) -- 1-1/4 cup water,1-1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp ground cloves

Lime (135/ 0/ 0) -- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice and 1-1/2 tsp grated lime rind

Margarita (165/ 0/ 0) -- top the Lime cake w/ Margarita Glaze (see below)

Lemon (131/ 0/ 0) -- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp grated lemon peel

(Beware: The variation using 1 can lemon pie filling is 6 points 302/ 3/ 0)

Orange (133/ 0/ 0) -- 1cup water, 1/4 cup orange juice and 2 tsp grated orange peel

Pineapple Citrus (146/ 0/ 0) -- combine Pineapple, Lemon & Orange ingredients

Cotton Candy (133/ 0/ 0) -- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) sugar free flavored gelatin, any flavor, 1-1/4 cup water.

. . . . . . . . . .

~ Sauces, Glazes & Frostings

Fresh Blackberry Coulis -- Place 4 cups of fresh blackberries (or black raspberries) and 1/4 cup sugar in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in juice of 1/2 lemon. Strain through a fine-meshed sieve. (37 Calories 0g Fat 3g Fiber--same points per slice)

Chocolate Sauce -- Mix 1/2 cup water & 1/2 cup sugar together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa and whisk until completely blended. Strain into a jar w/ tight fitting lid. Allow to cool. Cover and store refrigerated. Serve warm or cold with angel food cake or over frozen yogurt. (40 Calories 0g Fat 1g Fiber--add 1 point to cake)

Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting -- Mix together 2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder and 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip Light (same points per slice/muffin).

Orange Citrus Glaze -- Stir together 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar and 1-2 Tbsp orange juice, 1 Tbsp at a time until smooth & drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over completely cooled cake. (21 Calories 0g Fat 0g Fiber--same points per slice) (Lemon juice can be used for Lemon Glaze.)

Margarita Glaze -- 3 Tbsp sugar, 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice, 3 Tbsp tequilla, 3 Tbsp triple sec, 3 Tbsp water

Combine ingredients in small saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Liberally pierce entire surface of cake with skewer; drizzle glaze over cake. Let stand 10 minutes

Pineapple Frosting -- Mix together 1 container (8oz) Cool Whip Light, 1 small package sugar-free, fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix and 1 can (15 oz) crushed pineapple, mostly drained. Points per frosted piece of cake = 4.5

Guest Latdawg

One More....

I changed the title to make it more PG. I made this for our Super Bowl Party and there was not a crumb left. A friend of mine scraped the pan trying to get the last bits out. It might work better as cupcakes. 24 servings makes for a pretty small piece. But it is still really very very good.

Better than "Good Lovin'" Cake :kiss:

(Diet Coke Cake)

Yields: 24 servings | 4 pts per serving

Ingredients:

1 box Devil's Food Cake mix

10-oz Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi

1 egg white

6-oz fat-free caramel ice cream topping *

7-oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk

1 cup Skor Bar or Heath Bar bits (found by the choc. chips)

1 container fat-free cool whip

*Note that it might not say "fat-free" on the front of the label, but check the nutritional info on the back. I bet it's fat-free. :-)

Directions:

Mix cake mix, egg white and diet soda. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out smooth in a greased 9x13 pan.

During the last few minutes of baking, put caramel and condensed milk in a sauce pan and stir on medium low heat until smooth.

Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes.

Sprinkle Heath bits over the top, reserving some for the top. Cool completely.

Cover with container of fat-free cool whip and sprinkle with remaining heath bits. Put in fridge until ready to serve.

Yields: 24 servings

Nutritional Info: (per serving) 193 Calories, 5.25 g. fat, 1 g. fiber (4 pts per serving) (If you want to make the cake 3.5 pts per serving, only use 1/2 of the Skor bits)

Make this one, the title is pretty correct.;)

Guest Me4Me

I'm looking for an icing for the diet soda cake. I know that cool whip alone works well, but does anyone know of a mixture of cool whip and pudding to make for an icing? I know I've head of it, but I don't know how much of what to put into it to make it an icing and not a "fluff" like dessert. Thanks if anyone can help.

I'm looking for an icing for the diet soda cake. I know that cool whip alone works well, but does anyone know of a mixture of cool whip and pudding to make for an icing? I know I've head of it, but I don't know how much of what to put into it to make it an icing and not a "fluff" like dessert. Thanks if anyone can help.

I've posted a few recipes I found here:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?p=717543#post717543

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

I made an angel food cake w/ dt. lemon lime soda and used ff coolwhip mixed w/ sf/ff lemon pudding as the icing. I divided it up between 18 muffins and 6 mini-bundt cakes - the batter was NEVER ENDING!!! I came out to 1.2 points per cupcakes and a little over 2 points per min-bundt. (the box said it had 12 servings and I just divided it up by the # of 1/4 cup servings I had...)

I brought some of this into my office today and people RAVED about it. :jump_jack I found this was very light and airy, but it held up nicely. It didn't seem to crumble or fall apart on me, but I mixed it in my kitchen aid mixer w/ the wisk attachment for 1 minute...don't know if that had something to do with it or not...

China

SW: 200.6

CW: 179.8 :bcb_grin

GW: 140 (What??? Just kidding!! I CAN do that!!)

PGW: 165

Guest Editht

Another frosting suggestion? When I was doing core there was a recipe that called for ff plain yogurt mixed with pudding mix. This came out like cheese cake. You could make it lighter and creamier by mixing in some whipped topping maybe..... I'm just thinking here!

Edie

I made this cake as a birthday cake for my son. I baked it in 2 8" round cake pans. Bake a little longer than it says on the box since it is extremely moist. When cool take them out of pans and top one layer with SF cherry pie filling. Put other layer on top and then I frosted it with light cool whip and topped with some more pie filling in the middle of top layer. It was scrumptious. Next time I'll try making it with Diet Cherry Coke. I figure it was 4 pts per serving based on 12 servings.

176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!

I made this tonight and it was pretty good. It was moist (but I got the extra moist one by mistake!) and I put in the 1 egg white but it still kind of fell apart pretty well. Do you think putting it in the fridge will make it hold together better? My little sister had it and liked it (but she eats anything I make :) ) and I thought it tasted a little light and fluffy (for a cake) but still very flavorful.

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

I made this too - I used a yellow cake and a can of diet sprite. I served each wedge of it with a cup of fruit I'd chopped and let sit in the fridge (so it was all gooey) - cherries, peaches and jarred pears. FF cool whip would have been delicious with it. People thought it was a light pound cake - great summery dessert. No one could believe the recipe!

For the record - my cake was totally cooked in 20 minutes instead of the 35 minutes suggested on the box. I wonder if some of the crumbly cakes are from overcooking? Just a thought... I know altitudes vary and all that stuff...

HW: 218

SW: 195.6

CW: 189.2

Total Lost:-6.4

10% Goal: 176

WIs Wednesdays

I've been at BCB for 4 years and have never tried this recipe - TILL TODAY! I made mine with Pineapple cake and diet 7-up (Splenda). I did add the egg white, but mine still fell apart - no big deal for me as long as I stay away from all of those crumbles! :)

Thanks!

Gina

Gina

5/7

SW 175 07/02

Goal 150 09/2003

Now 155

http://www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

point question........

I made this in cupcakes (I did use 2 egg whites and it held together wonderfully)

I had 18 cupcakes. The directions said a 9X13 pan cut into 12 servings where 3 points a serving...............So does this make the cupcakes 2 points each?

It is a wonderful recipe.

thanks

jo

weight.png

I had 18 cupcakes. The directions said a 9X13 pan cut into 12 servings where 3 points a serving...............So does this make the cupcakes 2 points each?

Most likely, but it would depend on the cake mix you used. Do you have the NI for your mix and how many servings it makes?

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Did this today for a food day at work. No one knew it was diet! I used chocolate with diet cherry vanilla dr pepper and iced it with ff cool whip. I sliced up some strawberries as well put it on top. Everyone loved it!!!

I stayed away from it, although it looked good. I am trying not to eat sweets, but hey, it passed through a non diet crowd, so it MUST be good. Thanks for posting this!

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

I made this today with yellow cake, diet cream soda, 1/4 cup egg beaters and I added a box of sf/ff butterscotch pudding. I made it in 48 mini cupcakes at 1 point per cupcake. It is so good! They are light and fluffy and very firm. I also made icing using ff cool whip, sf/ff vanilla pudding and 1 cup skim milk. Divided by 48 this is 0 points. It would be 1 point if used on larger cupcakes.

Well I made these! I bought a mix of devil's food cake and added a can of diet cherry pepsi and 2 egg whites. They didn't fall apart and they were so good. The batter ended up making 30 cupcakes and they came out to 1.5 points each. So worth it!!!

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

Guest tll2e

I used a box of chocolate cake mix, the kind with pudding in the mix. I did not have a can of diet anything, so I poured in 12 ounces (a regular size can) of room temperature diet vanilla pepsi (my favorite). It foamed up quite a lot, and I used a whisk, not a mixer, to blend it well. I did not use 200 strokes like it said, I just mixed it up until it was all incorporated with no lumps left. I did not add anything else other than the cake mix and diet vanilla pepsi.

I poured it into a 12 cup muffin pan that was sprayed with butter pam spray and baked it just like the box said to. I counted them as 3 points each, and they did not fall apart at all. In fact, they were so dense and chocolatey that they would have been too rich with icing, so I just dusted them with very little powdered sugar while they were still warm. They were soooooo good!

If it wasn't nearly 1:10 AM......and about 35 degrees outside... I'd be on my way to the grocery store! ALL and I mean ALL of these recipes sound absolutely devine! I know now, the next time cake mixes go on sale I'm stocking up. In the meantime, I know what's for dessert this weekend. Thanks for the "hot from the oven" ideas!

:goal: Win With Weight Watchers!

GR82BMe

North Texas

Just made...Pillsbury Strawberry Cake mix (with pudding already in it)....Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi... and one egg white.

I probably should have left out the egg white. First, I used cupcake liners in a 12-count muffin. The muffins had a really great taste, but were a little "goo-ey" and stuck to the liners. (OK, I still ate 2 of them!) With the remaining batter (which was a lot), I chopped up a cup of fresh strawberries and baked it in a loaf pan. It, too, tore apart was very tasty! (I cut a piece right out the oven and added a squirt of ligh Reddi-Whip....yummy).

I have totally blown it today! No more splurging for me anytime soon!

:goal: Win With Weight Watchers!

GR82BMe

North Texas

Guest crazymamato4

This was the easist cake I ever made and everyone enjoyed it. It was super soft and moist.

I used white cake mix with Slice One ( diet orange soda) and topped it with FF whipe cream and some mandrine oranges.. Very yummy

Guest Me4Me

I know my husband loves marble cake, but I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for what flavor of soda might work well it. I think of creme soda but am not sure. Any suggestions?