Health Discovery Network
Guest Possum Magic

Cross stitch enthusiast

Guest Possum Magic

This is currently my 'thing'. It keeps my hands busy at night when I'm most prone to 'picking'. Anyone else out there who enjoys a bit of cross stitching??:wave:

Guest tabbey

I love to do cross stitching. It does keep your hands busy, so you don't munch

Tabbey

Guest Possum Magic

Hi Tabbey,

Are you working on any projects at the moment? I have a beautiful nativity underway. It is on 30ct Linen and features an angel, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. All the fine details of the faces and hands are over 1 thread. I have to wear my reading glasses with a pair of magnifying glasses over the top of them to see what I'm doing! I must look a treat :lol: . Hopefully I'll complete it this year and can afford to have it framed in a really lovely frame.

Guest tabbey

Hi Gaye

I am working on one to go in my kitchen, it has vegetables/ fuit on it, then a place to put our family name. The veggies have several different colors of green and it is an eye strain to determine the right color of green. I am almost done. MY DH is helping me set up a spare bedroom as my craft room, so I can organize everything I have started, but not completed :embarrass

Tabbey

Anyone do Lavender and Lace?? I love doing those projects, they're very large though.

We should start a Cross stitch thread to keep each other informed on our projects.

Patience (11/1/11)

Sean-8

Sara-5

Samantha-2

314/302/180

-12 :bcb_up

Next WI - 11/28/11 (goal -2)

Guest Possum Magic

Ooh, Tabbey, that sounds really nice - we should send each other pics of the finished projects. My kitcen is predomenantly white with a black and white chequered floor and I have gone with the fruit theme for highlight accents. I, too, have just commandeered a room for my crafts (also then den of unfinished work). I haven't finished setting it up yet as there is a queen size bunk bed in there that I have to sell.

Patience26 - sorry I haven't heard of Lavender and Lace but the name sounds very pretty. I would love to see an example of it!! Do you know of any web sites where there might be a photo?

It's going to be a scorcher here today, 35 degrees C. Now to convert that to F approximately, you double it = 70 then + 30 = 100F. YUCK!:ugh:

Haven't got much work today, a shower for a lady early this morning, then housework for another from 10:30 - noon and a trip into the office for my 3 month assessment this afternoon. If I can peel myself off the computer, I'll go work on my nativity. :kiss:

hello fellow cross stitchers. count me in!!

Was working on a cross stitch quilt but it's driving me batty.

I might switch back to doing pillows, since I have no more wall space or table top space left.

I have a Paula Vaughan booklet w/ various flowers for pillow. Have done 2 lt pink victorian rose pillow. 1 for me and then 1 for mom. Also have done 1 drk pink beach rose bouquet.

I done a lot of Thomas Kincade designs.

I've also worked w/ Mirabilia(i think that's how you spell it) designs. They are originally made for linen, but I used canvas instead. I've done 1/2 of the queen of the seasons line.

http://www.mirabilia.com

link to spring queen

http://mirabilia.com/crossStitchFrames/md34.html

link to autumn queen

http://www.mirabilia.com/crossStitchFrames/md45.html

hope the links work- they are beautiful designs.

Possum Magic- I congratulate you on doing linen. I agree you need strong magnification in doing so.

take care ladies and happy stitching

Lizzy

highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today! ;)

Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05

YIPPEE!:exercise2 83% towards Gold award

Do any of you start working on a project then just become so bored with it and put it down for the longest time, and when you finally pick it up again, the same thing happens?? I'm having a problem finishing my Lavender and Lace (Angel of Grace) and need some advice!

Patience (11/1/11)

Sean-8

Sara-5

Samantha-2

314/302/180

Patience,

I've had that happen to me.

Usually though I have a few projects going at the same time, so I switch back and forth. Also depends on the difficulty of the project.

I looked and some Lavender and lace designs. They look as difficult and beautiful as my Mirabilia.

Take care

Lizzy

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

They are very beautiful! I use a 28 count linen for it, I'm thinking maybe I'll pick up a smaller project and just go between the two. Thanks for the idea!

Patience (11/1/11)

Sean-8

Sara-5

Samantha-2

314/302/180

Guest Sweetjab

I've been cross stitching for about 13 years. I think my collecting of cross stitch charts is about as addictive at the stitching itself. Currently I have about 6 patterns going and I've just started a lovely afghan being released in Stoney Creek magazine. I love stitching and just go where the mood hits me. I used to stitch one thing at a time but I love stitching what strikes my fancy, afterall it is supposed to be fun! My favourite designers are Marty Bell, Paula Vaughan and various sampler designers. I'm even in the process of designing my own sampler for my family.

Take care,

Josie ON :D

Guest tabbey

I start projects all the time, then get tired of it, and start something else, it is like a big circle. I thought I was the only one that did that, I am glad I am not. :lol:

Gaye when I read your post about it being 100 I had to take a double look, then I saw that you are in Australia!! So what are your seasons there, now we are in the middle of winter.

Tabbey

Guest Possum Magic

Certainly is summer - a long, hot one. We've been in a draught for about 7 years with some rain due tomorrow. In my town of Ballarat, Victoria, we have quite strong water restrictions. We can water the graden 3 nights per week (T, TH, Sat) between 6pm and 9pm only, with a hand held trigger hose. We have a 1/4 acre block smothered with English plants which demand a lot of water. So as they all die (we lose about 6 per year from the dryness) I am replacing them with Australian natives which are very draught tolerant.

I only have one other project which has been left untouched for years, I was making it for DD when she was about 6 - she's now 22!! :o

Just found the link to my current project. it is Teresa Wentzler's Nativity

http://www.leisurearts.com/crafts_needlework/item_detail.asp?item_num=3300&search=1

mzlizzy: A cross stick quilt! That would take forever. Definately a project to be interspersed with something else.

Sweetjab: I know what you mean about collecting charts - I have a box full of them. I probably will never get around to the majority of the projects. I'd love to do a family sampler too! I saw one at a client's home in a lovely old frame - it was discoloured and faded and I couldn't make out the stitcher's name, but it was dated 1840. That's back when convicts were being transported to Australia.

Gaye- what a pretty design. Thanks for sharing.I had a couple of projects that I just couldn't finish. they looked finished enough so sold them at a yard sale.

Tabbey- welcome

Josie- I love samplers too. I found one at Sturbridge Village( old fashioned sm sample) Also made one from Jan Lynn and changed some colors on it so it looked nicer in my mind.I gave up my afghan. Just couldn't get into it. Now going to be working on a pattern from Paula Vaughan's pillow from my garden.

Nice to hear from other stitchers. :)

Lizzy

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Guest tabbey

That is beautiful Gaye, maybe once you are finished you can take a picture of it and show us. And thanks for that link to that website, I saved on my favorites.

A few months ago, my mom cleaned out her stitch patterns of kinds, she was going to sell them in a garage sale, I grabbed everone of them. I will probably never get around to half of them, but I just could not see my mom just getting rid of those. This may sound funny but I grew up watching my mom stitch, and those patterns to me are just a part of her.

Happy stitching all!!

Tabbey

:) I love to cross stitch......the only problem is, I run daycare, and it is extremely difficult to do the "hard" pictures because I cannot concentrate on them for any amount of time.....during nap time, when I can sit for 15 minutes......lol.........I can do a few rows, but I try to keep to the simple color plans so that I dont get too frustrated when I have to put it down..... I have a friend who does the Beautiful Victorian pictures and I have always envied her! It takes a real talent to do the big ones!

Happy stitching!:)

*Until We Meet Again...........................

weight.png

Guest Possum Magic

Oh dear, used the wrong colour for a large section of Joseph's robe. Now I'll have to unpick all those bits :crazy: . I missread the chart ~ T instead of T. Yes, both are in the design. What a bummer. :(

AndromedaDREAMZ ~ :welcome: What sort of project are you currently working on?

Lizzy ~ it sounds lovely, I really like Paula Vaughn designs. I'm a bit confused though, is the pattern called "Pillow from my Garden" or are you stitching a pillow from the design "My Garden"?? or something else :o

Tabbey ~ I wish my daughter's liked any sort of craft. Neither of them can sew a stitch, or knit, or anything!

Hi Gaye,

the patterns that I use for my pillows come from a booklet called

Pillows from Paula's garden.

From that booklet i've done dusty pink roses and dark pink wild roses

Take care and have a good day

Lizzy

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Guest Possum Magic

Mmm, sounds nice. I'll have to hunt around some web sites and try to find it.

Haven't picked up mine for a few days, been moving DD2 to her new home south of Melbourne. It's a 2 hour drive each way on the freeways and more than 2.5 hours not using them. Tried stitching in the car (as a passenger!!) and it just doesn't work. :(

Guest Cattieee

Another stitcher checking in.

I haven't done anything in a very long time, however, my niece who is living with us while going to college started a small Care Bear picture and she got me started again.

I cleaned out and organized all my books and supplies and started a Fantaccia (sp?) mickey mouse picture.

My DH has the original theatre poster that he is getting framed for our DD room and we think my cross stitch picture will look great with it.

I hate going to work cause all I want to do is stitch, stitch, stitch. I get about 3-4 hours in each night and it sure does help keep my hands busy so no munching going on. Why would I want to stop stitching and muc up my fingers?:crazy:

I hope to get to goal while stitching away.

Happy stitching everyone!

Gaye- I've tried to stitch in the car too, to no avail. :p Unfortunately it was a very long ride with my sister and her very boring book on tape. :help:

going to finally start that pillow that I've been talking about. Got all the threads. Just need to get the canvass ready and the pattern copied.

Cattiee- I get the same way at times if I have a project that I really like.

Take care stitchers.

Lizzy

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Guest Possum Magic

Oh Caittieee, Mickey Mouse, how cute. It's nice to have a reason to stitch. It should look terrific to complement the poster. I think work gets in the way too - I'm about to head off now in fact (11:05 AM gmt+11).

The Australian Open Tennis is on at the moment, great to watch and stitch.

Lizzy ~ make sure you give us progress reports :)

Gaye - I've done that many times, isn't that a kick in the behind?!? I try to follow the chart very very carefully, only because I hate having to go back and picking all the string out!! Ah well, live and learn!

I've been working on my Angel of Grace everyday. If it's only for 15 minutes I'm still getting in a few stitches..

Here's my website and click on Works In Progress.. You'll see her.

www.angelfire.com/indie/patience

Patience (11/1/11)

Sean-8

Sara-5

Samantha-2

314/302/180

Guest Possum Magic

Ooh, Patience, she's lovely, well done. Keep the web photo updated won't you? I haven't created a web link yet, it's one of those "one day" items.

My piece is close to 1/4 done. Heaps of mistakes and corrections. Oh well...

Thank you Thank you!! :) I will post new pics of her every month! It's slow, but she's lookin' pretty!

Patience (11/1/11)

Sean-8

Sara-5

Samantha-2

314/302/180