Health Discovery Network
Guest KAS0630

Option Points - BAD??

Guest KAS0630

Some one at my meeting was saying if you use your extra 35 points at all you will not lose weight??? Is that true, tomorrow is my first weigh in and I'm scared now.:rage:

Why would they allow us 35 extra points if they didn't want us to use them?

Maybe the person saying that meant for herself, not as a general statement for everyone.

They allow us to earn and eat Activity Points too, you'll learn about that in Week 3.

If you're at all unsure, ask your leader. Next time you hear something like that, just smile, nod your head in an understanding manner, then go read your Week 1 book. :)

OMG - that is SO not true. I eat my activity points and my flex points and lose just fine. Think about this - this diet is for life. If you don't eat those points now and your body gets used to eating less, then that means the less points your body will be able to eat at maintenance!

167.5/153.5/130

:bcbsalute FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Trust me. You CAN and WILL lose weight using your Flex Points. I did!:D

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

i have an event to go to every week so i save my flexxies for then. for example, last week i had a wedding on sunday and this week i have a party on saturday. i always eat all my flexxies at the event and i always lose weight when i go to weigh in. i make sure i eat very healthy and follow the guidelines all week long so i don't have more than 1 occasion of eating unhealthy. don't be scared of them!

If not now, when?

www.ginacraig.com

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with saints. (Billy Joel)

Ditto everyone here. I use my flex points almost every week, and I've not had one week where I gained at all. *knock on wood*. I've lost 18.8 pounds since November by eating every point they'll allow me!

They factor them in so you have some FLEXIBILITY and can also splurge a little and not have such self-induced guilt trips. WW would not build them in if they hindered weight loss.

Eat up, chica! :)

Shannon

---

Original SW: 181.4

End weight (June 06): 155

Restart: 9/13/06

Restart Weight: 179 :mad:

CW- 171.6 (-7.4)

GW - 155 (by christmas 06)

GW - 145 (final goal)

My leader was just talking about this at my last meeting. Some people swear by them-others never use them. But I agree, if they didn't want you to use them , they wouldn't have them. They wouldn't give you a licence-if they didn't want you to drive:)

Jen~~

recommited June 21/07

starting W-187

cw-174.8

10% goal-169

weight.png

April challenge-get to 170

Guest sodacracker

Eat and enjoy your food. WW is not about deprivation - I have lost steadily eating all points available to me.

Guest aka290

Hi,

I too have been told that you should try not to use all of your flex points. I have been struggling not to use them, but some days I have been hungry!! Not sure how my weigh in will go, but I will try to leave a few every week I guess??:help:

Option Points - GOOD.

I lose best if I use every Point I have coming to me. If I don't use the Flex Points and Activity Points, I feel awful. If I use them, I feel good, I'm not hungry, I don't feel like I'm starving. I use the Flex Points to manage "hungry days" against "not so hungry" days. I may not use any some days, but by the end of the week they're all gone.

The Points are in the Program for you to use. I have yet to see a benefit to not using the Points that are in the Program. The more you eat while losing, the more you will be able to eat on Maintenance.

So for me it's what they call a "no brainer."

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Think about this - this diet is for life. If you don't eat those points now and your body gets used to eating less, then that means the less points your body will be able to eat at maintenance!

So true! Excellent point!!!

Christena

SW: 193

CW: 193

GW: 130

I am nursing now so I get 34 points a day. A lot, right? Yes and I have eaten ALL of my FPs and I am loosing. Maybe when the baby is eating some solids I might adjust my target a bit but I find the flex points invaluable! I love being able to have these "I'm extra hungry" points on one day or "Someone just asked me out to lunch" points on another. Thank you WW!

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

I've been doing Weight Watchers now for almost 5 years, and I've RARELY lost weight if I ever used my optional points. I think it probably depends on how you spend your daily points.

Pam:exercise2

Lost 75lbs on WW so far!!

CW - 199

WW Goal - 158

Personal Goal -- 150

:workout:

Guest metalchick

fact: you *need* to eat to burn fat. everybody's different, but i know i actually gain slower if i don't eat all my points. i've noticed it's not how much i eat, but what i eat that influences weight loss.