Health Discovery Network
lexi_kaye

eating out help

I have a birthday lunch to attend tomorrow and I just can't seem to find anything to eat. I have a copy of the menu. It is an Italian restaurant and I am not seeing anything low point on the menu. They have bruschetta, anyone have any idea what points normally run on that? I could get that and I don't see a small side salad as an option, but maybe they could do that for me. They have bread bowl salads which I love but they have chicken, fries, and cheese. With the dressing, I am sure the points are just out of this world. I could be full on half of one, but I still think it must be outrageous in points. They do have subs, made on homemade bread, but they just have a couple options and I think the lowest point one would be the ham and cheese. They also have a sm 6 cut thin crust pizza which I debated what the points would be on. Any ideas?

I have to get better about this. I have been avoiding restaurants where I don't know the points and I feel like I have totally fallen off the wagon when I do break down and go to one of my fav restaurants that isn't a chain. I know that doesn't have to be the case, that there are healthier choices everywhere, I just have to get better about figuring out which ones those are.

So, any help any of you can provide will be so much appreciated! Thanks!

254/224/154

If you like the bread bowl salad, I would get that sans bread bowl and fries. Is the chicken grilled/baked/poached? If so, that's a good choice. Get all of the cheese and other high point fixings on the side. If usually order a dressing on the side and dip my fork, but you can easily smuggle a small container inside to use on your salad. I've never found a restaurant not willing to work with a customer. Best of luck!

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14