Health Discovery Network
mariposa

Michelina's Lean Gourmet

I generally stay away from frozen dinners since I cook so much, but I want to have a few things on hand for "emergencies" where I don't have any leftovers to take to work to heat up for lunch. I bought a Michelina's Lean Gourmet pepperoni pizza and had it for lunch today. It is very good and filling for only six points. the crust was not soggy, it actually tasted good!

Has anyone tried any other Michelina's Lean Gourmet dinners that they would recommend?

Oh, I also really like the Annie's Naturals frozen dinners because they don't have preservatives so they taste fresh. I have had the stuffed shells and the tortilla pie.

Pamela

Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief she is beautiful.

I also tend to stay away from the frozen dinners, but I really like the Michelina's Lean five cheese lasagna. It's only 4 points and paired with a veggie or fruit it's a really great lunch when I only have 10 minutes between classes. :)

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

Thanks, I'll have to try that! 4 point lasagna...yummy.

Pamela

Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief she is beautiful.

We too use frozen dinners when we have no time to cook or for lunches etc.

We have found the following to be really good: Any of the Amy's Organic frozen dinners; they range in points from 4-7

Lean Cuisine as wonderful new spa cuisine; 4-6 points

Lean Cuisine also has great tasting pizzas and they cook crisp in the microwave.

I have been pretty happy with the Lean Gourmet line too. It is definitely alot more affordable than the other popular lines. I especially like the greek bowl one they have.. I've noticed that they have new ones coming out but I haven't seen the pepperoni pizza one yet. Will have to try it!

Joined WW 12/29/03<br />SW 259<br />CW 242<br />GW-145<br />Personal goal - 130

Guest jlaw

Several of us at the office are using the Lean Gourmet's for lunch. When they're on sale, they're about $1 a piece. Sometimes I'll eat one of them and a salad, and I am full until diner! I have really liked all the ones that I've tried!!

I Love the Michelinas. I teach so its a lot easier for me to take something like that for lunch. I have a microwave in my classroom. I either take a frozen meal or I take leftovers from dinner.

This past week the SMART ONES were on sale for $1!! What a great price huh. I stocked up on the frozen meals.

Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha

:p

ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette

sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute

Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

Guest jlaw

That IS a great price!! I've had people question the amount of sodium, but if ya drink a lot of water won't it kinda equal out?

I Never thought about the sodium. hmm....

Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha

:p

ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette

sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute

Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

They do have lots of sodium, as do most frozen meals, but it has honestly never bothered me or made me retain water that I can tell. I would watch them if I was on a sodium restricted diet due to a medical condition, however. But I'm not! :)

Christena

SW: 193

CW: 193

GW: 130

The Michelena's low carb three cheese chicken or low carb honey dijon chicken both each have only 3 points for the whole meal, and it is a lot of food! what a bargain!

SW:263.5/CW:250.5/GW:159

weight.png

I positively LOVE Alfredo stuff (Butter and cheese, what's not to love?!? :kiss: ) So i tried the Michelina's Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo. it was 6 points. It wasn't a huge portion, but I added more broccoli to the mix which really bulked it up, had a salad/dressing ... yummy dinner last night!

I too, found it on sale for only $1 ... so i loaded up and have about 6 for dinner for those nights when my family wants something that i really can't lighten up, or that i really don't want.

-------------------------

Barb

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

I get these sometimes for my 14 year old daughter and she really likes them.

5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0