Health Discovery Network
Suzanne B

Walkin' Gals...Let's get back to it!!

OK ladies...where are you?!?? I've been sick for a couple of weeks but am on the mend (I hope!) and am getting back on track starting today!

Lets go ladies! Tayna...Carmen...Karen...any others that want to join in...lets get moving!!!

:walking: :jump_jack :race: :exercise: :bike: :exercise2

I'll be back later after I get some things done and get my walking done to post what I've done for the day.

weight.png

Suzanne

Getting back on track!

Hi, I'm Chris and I've been walking for almost a year now. Right now I'm using the treadmill until the weather is more walker friendly around here. I can't wait to get back outside. I do 2.5-3 miles 4-5 times a week. I have been incorporating some jogging in to my routine to see if that moves me off this plateau I'm on, but I'm still mainly a walker.

Chris

Chris :weights: :walking:

SW 178/GW 157/CW 160.4/PG 150

Height: 6' 0"

Lifetime 9/2002

hi

can i be a walking gal too?

i just started walking every morning at the mall. our mall here opens at 7am for people to walk. it really has been fun. i get there about 7:30am and have been walking for 1 hour. everyone has been so friendly. i want to go there 5 days a week and just take the weekends off. we have a treadmill, but i find that just to boring. after 20 minutes i am bored to tears and quit. since i am in illinois it has been way to cold to walk outside. the mall seems to be the answer for me right now. hopefully, the extra walking will get the weight loss going again. since the holidays i have been at a standstill. i have not been able to take off the 5 extra pounds i put on over thanksgiving and christmas.:mad: i'm hoping this will do it.

i've heard about people who have picked a destination on a map and figured out how many miles it is to get there and then worked toward that goal. i might try that. it sounds like fun. anyone know what i am talking about. it might be fun to pick a destination and everyone count their miles and have a goal to get there by a certain time.

dardee

dardee

on core and loving it:headover:

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

Guest Anzito

I've gotta get back on my treadmill also. I've been off for almost a month now after having a tough last month. My BIL had a stroke and was in the hospital for 10 days before passing away and then in the middle of that my Cocker Spaniel (12-1/2 yrs old) his health got really bad and I had to have him put to sleep after having years of medical problems with him. So its time to get back on track so can I be included?

Everyone is welcome! Just post what you've done when you get a chance.

I've not gotten on the treadmill yet. Ended up with a headache that's borderlining on migrane. I do plan to get on there at least 15-20 minutes before I go to bed tonight though!

weight.png

Suzanne

Getting back on track!

Hi everybody,:)

I have been on WW for 4 months now and read the post everyday but I don't write much!

I bought a treadmill in November and used it 4 times a week until the beginning of February.... I have to go back! I would like to join your walking group if you don't mind.

*What do you all do when walking on the treadmill? Do you watch TV? I know that I get easily bored but when I stick with it, I feel sooooo much better.

*Is it a bad idea to walk an hour before going to bed? Sometimes I get home at 7:00 pm, I have to cook diner, eat... I only have time around 9:00...

Anyways, would like to be part of a group, I think it will motivate me.:jumprope: My weight is 138 pounds and I can't seem do lose more... I need to exercise!:workout:

Sofffy:salut

5'5

Highest pregnancyW: 187:bcb_down

SW: 167

CW: 158.6

WWG: 150

PG: 135-140

Guest klerisa

I'd like to join as well. I need to get my butt going on 7_5_119.gifand7_5_127.gif along with my 7_5_130.gif

This is great, it will hold me accountable! I'm not going to start walking til Monday tho so see everyone then!:)

Guest Anzito

Ok I jumped on the treadmill tonight and did a quick mile in 18 min. :work_out: I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning!

I woke up, got on the treadmill and walked 20 minutes! It's a start!:)

5'5

I am in Indiana so I'm not walking now, but will in another month or so. The way I make it fun is I have a portable CD player and I get books on CD from the library. I have "read" so many great books this way. You get all caught up in the story and can't believe that an hour has been walked away so fast. They have many of the newer fiction novels on CD at the library. It is great.:work_out:

Walked 30 minutes today. It felt great!:headover:

5'5

Hi Buddies........:bcbsalute

Am reporting in.......

Friday Feb 18........60 min walk :work_out:

Saturday Feb 19..........75 min walk :work_out:

Sunday Feb 20.............75 min walk :work_out:

Will try to remember to post.........

Karen :water1: :strong:

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Had a crazy weekend and didn't get exercise in like I wanted to. BUT I got ont he treadmill today. I'm basically starting over so my times and distances are low right now. Did 31.25 minutes / 1.5 miles. I had planned on 30 minutes but was so close to 1.5 miles I just kept going till I hit it. I channel surfed while walking. Couldn't find anything worth watching and none of the music channels had music on.

weight.png

Suzanne

Getting back on track!

Guest Anzito

I didn't get any in this weekend either but I am planning on getting on that treadmill tonight. :work_out: I will post later this evening after I do. LETS GO GIRLS!!!!!

Karen you did fantastic this weekend

hi

everyone is off to a great start. i didn't get to walk this morning. i had to work today, but my husband did not. so, we slept in longer than usual. but, i will be at the mall walking by 7am tomorrow without fail. i'll try to walk longer to make up for it.

dardee

dardee

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

Guest Anzito

OK I got my walking in :work_out: 1.5 miles on the treadmill in

28-1/2min. It felt really good and I'm planning on a repeat tomorrow. Lets get walkin :workout: :exercise: :work_out: :exercise2

WTG Peg!

Just got my walking in for the day...1.75 miles / 35 minutes. I listened to a Radio Disney CD while walking. I didn't have a good album put together and DS's Radio Disney CD has some songs I liked (from the radio) with good beats for walking so I grabbed it. The time flew by until the last little bit!

Now to get my water in for the day! :water1:

weight.png

Suzanne

Getting back on track!

hi

i walked at the mall this morning from 7:30am till 8:30am. my pedometer reads 9581 steps.....563 calories....2.72 miles. i'll be back there again tomorrow. it is great to get it done first thing in the morning!

dardee:work_out:

dardee

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

I did my 40 min walk with some jogging last night (2.5 miles) and am getting ready to do another 40 min today.

Lifetime 9/2002

Guest Anzito

OK it got late so I only got 1 mile in on the treadmill tonight but better than nothing. I did it in 19-1/2min, no great record setting there it was 3.0 - 3.2 mph

I'll try and get on earlier tomorrow. It might be tough because my Mom is having surgery to remove a tumor off her brain, they say everything should go fine and that this type of tumor is never cancerous. The only thing that really bugs me is I'm here in New York and she is in Florida. My Dad & 1 sister live there and I just found out tonight my Brother from Alabama drove down so he is there also. 2 yrs ago she went thru lung & breast cancer and came thru Chemo & Radiation with flying colors - she really amazes me and I hope when I'm her age 76 I have her stamina. I really wish I had the funds to just take off work and go down there and not have to worry about bills. Keep on walking Girls - I'll check in with you all tomorrow.

WTG Chris and Peg! I ended up doing 30 minutes of Crunch Pilates last night before bed in addition to the walking I did earlier in the day.

{{{Peg}}} I hope all goes well with your mom!

Going to get my walking in sometime today...gotta get a vet appt for one of my cats first and see if I have time to walk before I have to go or if it will have to wait until this afternoon.

weight.png

Suzanne

Getting back on track!

hi

just checking in with my readings for today......i walked the mall for 1 hour this morning. my pedometer readings are as follows....steps 9254 calories 544 2.62 miles. as much as i hate the boring treadmill, i admit if i walked on the treadmill i would walk much faster. but, then i probably couldn't keep going for a full hour. i guess i will stick with this for awhile since i am enjoying it.:work_out:

peg, sorry to hear about your mom. sounds like she is a real trooper though. hopefully everything will be fine. i know how hard it is to be away when our loved ones are sick. i hope you hear good news real soon.

have a great day everyone.........

dardee

dardee

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

Peg, (((HUGS))) to you and good luck to your mom on her surgery. She sounds like an inspriational woman.

Suzanne, wtg with the Pilates. I have a dvd, Kathy Smith, I think and I was just thinking about this morning and am going to try to fit it in this afternoon. How do you like the Crunch version?

Dardee, I know what you mean about the treadmill and getting bored. I try to walk when there is a really good show on, something that will hold my attention. WTG on the mall walk.

Today is my day off from walking, but I'm going to do some yoga and also the pilates. Thanks for the inspriation!

Lifetime 9/2002

Guest Anzito

Chris, Dardee & Suzanne - Thanks for the thoughts for my Mom :angel My Brother called around 1:30 and said that they had just talked to the Dr. everything went very well and they got it ALL. Dr said that from what he can see now that since it went so well and how good she came out of it that if she keeps improving like she is that she might be able to go home Saturday. My Dad was expecting her to be in the hospital for 7-10 days - I'm so Glad :headover: