Health Discovery Network
cybergranny

OMG! Pictures with recipes!

I am so thrilled and BTW, so proud of myself that I actually figured this out! Now, if I have a picture of a recipe, I can upload it so you guys might be more tempted to make it! Please be assured that any recipe that I "fix" by lightening it up, I have taken a picture of with my digital cam and uploaded that picture instead. What fun!

* Exported from MasterCook * 5046756_2108541c39_m.jpg

Brunch Eggs on English Muffins

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

2 Weight Watchers English Muffins -- split

2 ounces canadian bacon -- 4 slices

2 cups egg beaters® 99% egg substitute

1/2 teaspoon pepper

*herbed cheese sauce*

1 teaspoon margarine

2 teaspoons flour

1/2 cup milk, skim

1/4 cup cheddar cheese, lowfat -- shredded

2 teaspoons parmesan cheese

1/4 teaspoon dried basil

Prepare cheese sauce; Melt margarine in one quart nonstick saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute, remove from heat. Stir in cheeses, basil and a dash of red pepper.

Spray 10" skillet with nonstick cooking spray. heat over medium heat just until drop of water skitters when sprinkled in skillet. Pour egg beaters into skillet. As mixture begins to set at bottom and side, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that thin, uncooked portion can flow to the bottom. Avoid constant stirring. Cook 3 - 5 minutes or until thickened throughout but still moist. Place one slice of bacon on each muffin half. Top with eggs. Spoon sauce over eggs. Sprinkle with pepper.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 163 Calories; 3g Fat (16.1% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 586mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat.

NOTES : 4 servings with 1/2 cup eggs and about 2 tablespoons sauce each.

3 points per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook * 5046754_852ed23d02_m.jpg

Chicken Breasts with Sun Dried Tomatoes

Recipe By :

Categories :

1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes -- coarsely chopped

1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium 99% fat free

12 ounces chicken breasts, no skin, no bone, R-T-C

1/2 cup mushrooms -- sliced

2 tablespoons green onions -- chopped

2 cloves garlic -- finely chopped

2 tablespoons chicken broth, low sodium 99% fat free

1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1/2 cup milk, skim

2 teaspoons cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon dried basil

2 cups fettucine -- hot and cooked

Mix tomatoes and broth, let stand 30 minutes. Cook mushrooms, onions, and garlic in 2 tablespoons chicken broth over medium heat about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender; remove from skillet.

Add oil to skillet. Cook chicken til brown on both sides. Add tomato mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until juice of chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.

Mix milk, cornstarch, and basil; stir into tomato mixture. heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute. Stir in mushroom mixture; heat through. Serve over chicken and fettuccine.

Description:

"Be sure to purchase the dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 299 Calories; 4g Fat (12.9% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 52mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat.

NOTES : 6 points per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook * 5046752_000bbf989d_m.jpg

Chinese Pork and Pasta

Recipe By :

Categories :

1/2 pound pork tenderloin

8 ounces pineapple chunks in juice -- drained, reserve juice

1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium

1 teaspoon honey

2 cloves garlic -- finely chopped

1 tablespoon cornstarch

4 ounces vermicelli -- uncooked

2 teaspoons dark sesame oil

1/4 cup chicken broth, low sodium 99% fat free

1/2 cup onion -- sliced

1 cup red bell pepper -- seeded and chopped

4 stalks bok choy -- chopped

4 ounces pea pods -- strings removed

Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1/4 inch slices. Mix pineapple juice, soy sauce honey, garlic and cornstarch in medium glass or plastic bowl. Stir in pork. Cover and refrigerate one hour.

Cook and drain vermicelli as directed on package. Spray wok or 10 inch skillet with nonstick spray. heat wok over medium high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to coat the sides. Add pork; stir fry two minutes. Remove pork from wok.

Add broth, onion, bell pepper and bok choy to wok; stir fry six minutes. Add pea pods, pineapple and vermicelli. Cook two minutes, stirring constantly. Add pork. Cook about one minute, stirring until sauce is thickened.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 279 Calories; 5g Fat (14.8% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 266mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 5 points per serving.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Yeah....but what are you going to do about all the keyboards that get ruined because of buddies drooling all over them?

:D :D :D :D :D

Seriously......everything looks wonderful. It's only 8:30 am and I'm tempted to start cooking. My tummy is growling at me.

SUE

Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)

Restart 3/31/09

222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

Sue, I am laughing so hard at your comment! I still don't have the okay to post pics to recipes as there is certainly going to be a bandwith issue for the site. I know for sure that I can't post a picture with EVERY recipe but maybe I can do a few.

Either way, if I have to I can just add my photo sharing web address at the bottom of my sig line and people can drool happily there!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Barbara..

I am not worried about the pictures..

You just need to come over and COOK FOR ME =)

I think you know you can do just about ANYTHING you want when you put your mind to it.. The pictures are awesome..

Hugs

Kandy

SW 277.6

GW 130

CW 125.2

First 5K April 6,2002 Finished in 30.5 minutes!!

March 6,2004 Second 5K Finished in 29 minutes!!

Disney's Minnie Marathon May 2007

All things are possible if YOU believe in YOURSELF!!

OMG!! Those luck so yummy!!!! I agree with Sue, I am drooling!!!!!:D

Maureen

235/186.2/155

Made Goal 1/26/05:crazy:

Made Lifetime 3/9/05:headover:

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!:)

Guest tickerchick

OK, so I am really impressed.

Cybergranny, you are amazing!:cool:

I haven't forgotten your request for more southern cookin'. I've just been away for the weekend. I'll see what I can come up with for you and DH.

Ticker

These are the recipes that I posted in March. Sorry about the smaller pictures. I used a different program on these but the rest will be bigger.

So here are the latest yummy recipes that I have made and either made pictures of or took them from a book or magazine. All WW recipes came from WW cookbooks and had pictures and the Taco Pie came from a very old Mr. Food Magazine that I lightened up by about 10 points and made. My looked just like the picture and was very good so I am posting it because it is easy and kids like it. Enjoy buddies!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Fruit Glazed Acorn Squash

6263151_387834dad8_s.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 pounds acorn squash -- (2 small)

3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice

3/4 cup orange juice

1/4 cup raisins

1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

***** squash several times with a fork. Place squash on two layers of paper towels. Microwave, uncovered, at high 5 minutes or until slightly tender. Let cool. Cut ends off squash and discard seeds; slice into 1 inch thick slices. Arrange squash slices in a 13 x 9 baking dish.

Combine pineapple juice and remaining ingredients; stir well. Pour over squash slices.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until squash is tender, brushing frequently with glaze.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 164 Calories; trace Fat (1.9% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 9mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 3 points per serving.

Acorn squash are very firm, so microwave them for a few minutes before slicing. This also shortens the baking time for this recipe.

Ham and Tomato Scones

6263127_b95801426c_s.jpg

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

2 cups self-rising flour

1 teaspoon dry mustard

1 teaspoon paprika -- plus extra for sprinkling

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons soft margarine

1 tablespoon fresh basil -- snipped

1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes -- rehydrated and drained then chopped

2 ounces cooked ham -- chopped

8 tablespoons milk, skim

Preheat the oven to 400°. Flour a large baking sheet. Sift the flour, mustard, paprika and salt into a bolw. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the basil, tomatoes, and ham, and mix lightly. Pour in enough milk to mix into a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead briefly and roll out to an 8 x 6 inch rectangle. Cut into 2 inch squares and arrange on the baking sheet. Brush lightly with milk, sprinkle with paprika and bake for 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Description:

"These scones make an ideal accompaniment for soup. Choose a strongly flavored ham, trimmed of fat, and chop it fairly finely, so that a little goes a long way."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 109 Calories; 3g Fat (22.7% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 490mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : 2 points per serving.

Lemon Squares

6263143_0cd106e6e0_s.jpg

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

1 cup flour

1/3 cu powdered sugar -- sifted

1/3 cup butter -- chilled

1 1/4 cups Splenda

1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind

1/2 cup fresh lemon juice

2 tablespoons flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

3 large egg whites

1/4 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute

2 tablespoons powdered sugar -- sifted

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine one cup flour and 1/3 cup powdered sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Press firmly into bottom of an 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Combine Splenda and next 7 ingredients; stir with whisk until blended and pour over crust. Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Let cool on a wire rack. Cut into wedges and sift the remaining powdered sugar over bars.

Description:

"From WW All Things Sweet"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 86 Calories; 4g Fat (40.7% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 88mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : This recipe is 2 points per serving but by using egg beaters and Splenda, you get one and a half times the size of the original recipe for the same two points.

Poached Chicken Breasts with Apples

5194597_bfaba9fb65_s.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

1/2 cup apple juice

1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules

1 clove garlic -- minced

1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon -- crushed

1/2 cup apple -- cored and thinly sliced

1/4 cup green onions -- sliced

1 tablespoon water

1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

In a ten inch skillet combine apple juice, bouillon granules, garlic, tarragon, and pepper. Bring to boil. Add chicken breasts; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes.

Turn chicken over; add apple slices and green onions. Cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes more til chicken is tender and no longer pink.

With a slotted spoon remove chicken and apples; keep warm. Reserve cooking liquid.

In a small bowl stir together the water and cornstarch. Stir into liquid in skillet. Cook and stir til thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for two minutes more. Spoon over chicken and apples.

S(Internet Address):

"http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_display&recipe_id=60834&notes=1"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 131 Calories; 2g Fat (16.5% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 52mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat.

Spiced Pumpkin Cake

6263137_b46dcaba04_s.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 2/3 cups flour

1 1/3 cups raisins

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 cup canned pumpkin

1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

1/3 cup apple juice

1/4 cup Splenda

1/4 cup butter buds®

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine flour, raisins, walnuts, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium bowl; stir well. Combine pumpkin and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed. Beat at high speed two minutes. Stir in vanilla.

Pour batter into a 6 cup bundt pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan ten minutes on a wire rack. Remove cake from pan; let cool completely on a wire rack.

Description:

"From WW All Things Sweet"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 184 Calories; 2g Fat (8.6% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 209mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : This recipe is between 3 and 4 points so I count it as 4. The original states 16 servings. At 16 servings it is 3 points.

These are the recipes I posted separately in April. I just wanted to keep all the recipes with pictures together.

Hi everyone. I spent some leisure time yesterday (yes, I actually DO take leisure time once in awhile!:embarrass ) playing with MC and put in some great recipes for cooking in foil. Don't turn up your nose before you check them out, I have tried all eleven of these recipes (I will post 6 now and the other 5 later today) and they all work really well. The advantage is TIME! You cook so quickly when you wrap the meal in foil. I have of course, changed the full fat stuff to make them more point friendly but I haven't changed much. Check them out and let me know what you all think.

* Exported from MasterCook *10858764_fd2a3af504_m.jpg

Apricot Pork Chops and Dressing

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Pork

6 ounces herb stuffing mix(I use a package of Stove Top)

1/2 cup dried apricots -- cut into quarters

1 1/4 pounds boneless pork top loin chops -- (1 pound plus 2 ounces)

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

6 tablespoons apricot jam

16 ounces frozen green peas

3 cups carrots -- cut in matchsticks

Preheat oven to 450°. Prepare stuffing mix according to package

directions, stir in apricots.

Place 1/2 cup stuffing mixture in center of one sheet of foil (18 x 12

inches). Place one pork chop over stuffing mixture, pressing down

slightly and shaping stuffing to conform to shape of chop. Sprinkle chop

with salt and pepper. Spread one tablespoon apricot jam over pork chop.

Place 2/3 cup peas beside pork chop in curve of chop. Arrange 1/2 cup

carrots around outside of chop.

Fold up foil to a packet and repeat with remaining ingredients.

Bake 25 minutes or until pork chops are barely pink in center and

vegetables are tender. Remove from oven. Serve on serving plates.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 377 Calories; 6g Fat (13.4%

calories from fat); 25g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 43mg

Cholesterol; 646mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1

1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 7 points per serving

The original recipe called for chops with bones but since there is so much fat to trim on pork chops, I used slices from a whole boneless loin (I buy them very inexpensively at Sam's)

* Exported from MasterCook *10858713_ea506f780e_m.jpg

Chicken Parmesan

Recipe By :

Categories : Poultry

12 ounces chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C -- 4 breasts

4 sheets heavy duty foil (18" x 12"), lightly

sprayed w/nonstick spray, or, Reynolds

easy release -- (no spray needed)

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups pasta sauce

1 1/2 cups zucchini slices

1 cup onion -- chopped

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk -- shredded

4 tablespoons parmesan cheese -- grated

8 ounces spaghetti -- cooked and drained

Preheat oven to 450°.

Place one chicken breast in center of each sheet of foil. Season to taste

with salt and pepper.

Combine pasta sauce, onion and zucchini. Pour half of sauce mixture over

each chicken breast. Sprinkle with cheeses. Double fold sides and ends

of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place

packets on baking sheet.

Bake 16 to 18 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove

from oven. Carefully open one end of each foil packet to allow steam to

escape. Transfer contents to serving plates with pasta already on them.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 401 Calories; 7g Fat (16.3%

calories from fat); 34g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 63mg

Cholesterol; 354mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1

Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : 8 points per serving, including the pasta.

You can undercook the pasta just a bit and place it in the foil first, cover with the chicken and other ingredients and cook it all together. I did it that way and it turned out great!

* Exported from MasterCook *10858747_4351ea723d_m.jpg

Chicken Stuffing and Green Bean Bake

Recipe By :

7 ounces herb-seasoned stuffing cubes(again, I use Stove Top)

1/2 cup chicken broth

3 cups frozen green beans

12 ounces chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C

1 cup chicken gravy

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 450°.

Place a quarter of stuffing on one sheet of foil. Pour two tablespoons of

chicken broth over stuffing. Top stuffing with 3/4 cup green beans.

Place one chicken breat on top of beans. Combine gravy and pepper; pour

1/4 cup over chicken.

Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet, leaving head space for

heat circulation. Repeat with remaining stuffing, broth, beans, chicken

and gravy to make the other three packets. Place all on baking sheet.

Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove

from oven. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to

escape. Transfer to serving plates.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 365 Calories; 7g Fat (17.9%

calories from fat); 29g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 54mg

Cholesterol; 1802mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat;

1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.

NOTES : 7 points per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook *10858738_b9fcab2d2e_m.jpg

Country Roasted Chicken Dinner

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00

1 ounce Lipton Onion Soup Mix -- (one envelope)

2 tablespoons honey

1 tablespoon water

1 tablespoon butter -- melted

24 ounces chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C

1 1/2 pounds potatoes -- cut in chunks

1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes -- cut in chunks

Preheat oven to 350°.

In small bowl, blend soup mix, honey, water and butter.

In an 18 x 12 roasting pan, arrange chicken breasts in the center, brush

with soup mixture, cover loosley with foil and roast for 20 minutes.

Arrange potatoes around chicken and drizzle remaining blend over all,

continue roastingabout 45 minutes until potatoes are tender.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 261 Calories; 4g Fat (13.5%

calories from fat); 22g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 56mg

Cholesterol; 78mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat;

1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : This recipe calls for a whole roasting chicken but I like to cook the breasts only as they are much lower in points and I am not tempted to eat the skin.

The picture is of the whole bird.

* Exported from MasterCook *10858755_a2538ac2ab_m.jpg

Mediterranean Chicken

Recipe By :

1/2 teaspoon oregano -- dried

1/3 cup sun-dried tomato half -- cut in slivers

12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts -- drained

2 2/3 cups potatoes -- unpeeled, cubed

2 ounces ripe olives -- canned, drained, sliced

1/4 cup reduced calorie Italian salad dressing

1/4 cup parsley -- chopped

Preheat oven to 450°.

Place one chicken breast in center of one sheet of foil. Sprinkle with

1/8 teaspoon oregano. Top with quarter of tomatoes, artichokes and

olives. Arrange 2/3 cup potatoes around the edge of chicken. Drizzle

with one tablespoon salad dressing.

Fold up packet, set aside on baking sheet and repeat with remaining

ingredients.

Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from

oven, open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape, place on

serving plates and top with chopped parsley.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 340 Calories; 10g Fat (26.8%

calories from fat); 27g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 53mg

Cholesterol; 981mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1

Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

To this recipe, I added three cloves of minced garlic, sprinkled on the breasts and Italian seasoning, plus ground fennel to taste.

* Exported from MasterCook *10858699_55a8f91574_m.jpg

Salmon with Warm Mango Salsa

Recipe By :

Categories : Fish and Seafood

1 pound salmon fillet -- about 1" thick

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/8 teaspoon red pepper

sprayed w/non-stick spray, or, Reynolds

easy release foil -- (doesn't need spray)

2 cups mangos -- peeled, seeded, cut in 3/4" pieces

1/2 cup red bell pepper -- chopped

1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper -- seeded and diced

2 tablespoons parsley -- chopped

1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate -- thawed

Prepare grill for direct cooking.

Rinse salmon under cold running water; pat dry with paper towels. Cut

slamon into 4 serving size pieces. Place one piece salmon, skin side

down, on each sheet of foil. Combine paprika and red pepper in small

bolw. Rub on tops of salmon piedes.

Toss together mangoes, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, parsley and juice

concentrate. Spoon onto salmon pieces.

Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for

heat circulation. Place on baking sheet.

Slide packets off baking sheet onto grill grid. Grill, uncovered, over

medium high coals 9 to 11 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with

fork. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape.

Transfer to serving plates.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 199 Calories; 4g Fat (19.0%

calories from fat); 23g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 59mg

Cholesterol; 79mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0

Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat.

Serving Ideas : You can bake these packets in the oven on the baking sheet at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes if no grill is available.

NOTES : 4 points per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook *10858790_630dc58e00_m.jpg

Baked Cinnamon Apples

Recipe By :

Categories : Desserts

4 medium Granny Smith apples

1/3 cup brown sugar, packed

1/4 cup dried cranberries

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

4 teaspoons Butter Buds® -- liquid form

Preheat oven to 450°. Core apples. Using paring knife, trim off 1/2 inch

strip off top of each apple. Place each in center of a foil sheet (18 x

12 inches).

Mix brown sugar, cranberries, and cinnamon in small bowl. Add in butter

buds and mix. Fill apples with sugar mixture, spreading any excess around

pared rims.

Fold up foil to seal and place packets on baking sheet.

Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Open packets and shape foil around

apples. Bake 10 minutes more or until apples are tender. Remove and

transfer to bowls. Serve warm with a dollop of Cool Whip free if desired

(this won't change the points).

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 140 Calories; trace Fat (0.8%

calories from fat); trace Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg

Cholesterol; 80mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1

1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : The original recipe calls for ice cream and real butter. I feel they are every bit as good with the butter buds and Cool Whip and they are half the points!

* Exported from MasterCook *10858771_d6eef4d2da_m.jpg

Grilled Potato Salad

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 ounce Lipton Onion Soup Mix

1/3 cup butter buds® -- liquid form

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

2 cloves garlic -- minced

2 pounds red potatoes -- cut into 1" cubes

1 tablespoon fresh basil -- chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried

In large bowl, blend soup mix, butter buds, vinegar and garlic; stir in

potatoes.

Using easy release foil, pour potatoes onto it. Wrap foil loosely around

mixture and seal.

Grill, shaking package occasionally and turning once, for 40 minutes or

until they are tender. Spoon into serving bowl and toss with basil and

pepper. May be served warm or at room temperature.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 216 Calories; trace Fat (0.9%

calories from fat); 5g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg

Cholesterol; 304mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Vegetable; 0

Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

These packets may also be cooked in the oven. They are

even better when grilled though.

* Exported from MasterCook *10858784_83c05df4ce_m.jpg

Oven Roasted Potatoes and Onions with Herbs

Recipe By :

Categories :

3 pounds red potatoes -- unpeeled, cut in 1 1/2" cubes

1 cup onion -- chopped, use sweet onions

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon butter -- liquid form

3 cloves garlic -- minced

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 teaspoon black pepper

2 tablespoons fresh basil -- chopped

2 tablespoons fresh parsley -- chopped

2 tablespoons fresh tarragon -- chopped

2 tablespoons fresh thyme -- chopped

Preheat the oven to 450°. Place potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with

the oil and butter, toss well to coat each potato piece. Sprinkle salt

and pepper, toss again.

Place in a foil lined baking dish and bake 30 minutes. Stir and bake 10

minutes more. Add herbs; stir well to combine. Bake 10 minutes more

until browned.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 231 Calories; 4g Fat (16.9%

calories from fat); 5g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 5mg

Cholesterol; 213mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Vegetable;

1 Fat.

Serving Ideas : You can use any fresh or dried herbs that you like. If you use dried, use only one teaspoon of each.

NOTES : The original recipe calls for 3T olive oil and 2T butter.

This comes out to 6 points per serving.

I use 1T olive oil and 1T butter, the taste is exacty the

same for a large portion and it is 4 points per serving.

You could cut that even further by using only butter spray

(the liquid kind you find in the dairy section of the

market) to 3 points but I don't think it is quite as good.

I think the butter and olive oil are worth the extra one

point.

* Exported from MasterCook *10858770_b10c5ea897_m.jpg

Summer Vegetable & Fish Bundles

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 pound snapper fillets -- four fillets

1 cup yellow squash -- julienned

1 cup zucchini -- julienned

1/2 cup mushrooms -- sliced

1 cup tomatoes -- sliced

1/2 cup water

1 ounce Lipton Onion Soup Mix -- I use Golden Onion for this recipe (1 envelope)

Using 4 sheets of heavy foil or easy release foil, place fillets in

center; top with vegetables. Evenly pour soup mix blended with water over

fish. Wrap foil loosely around fillets and vegetables, seal airtight.

Grill or broil, seam side up 15 minutes or until fish flakes.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 136 Calories; 2g Fat (12.3%

calories from fat); 25g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 42mg

Cholesterol; 90mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable.

NOTES : This yummy recipe is only 3 points per serving!

* Exported from MasterCook *10858725_2ee1c58f50_m.jpg

That's Italian Meat Loaf

Recipe By :

Categories : Ground meats

8 ounces tomato sauce -- (canned) divided

1/4 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute -- or two egg whites

1/2 cup onion -- chopped

1/2 cup green bell pepper -- chopped

1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs

2 tablespoons parmesan cheese -- grated

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 pound ground beef, 95% lean

1/3 pound ground turkey

1/3 pound ground pork

1 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk -- shredded

Reserve 1/3 cup tomato sauce; set aside in refrigerator. Combine

remaining tomato sauce and egg in large bowl, stir in onion, bell pepper,

bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper. Add the

ground meats and mix well, shape into loaf.

Place loaf on foil strips (tear off three 18 x3 inch strips of heavy foil

or use regular foil folded to double thickness. Crisscross strips in a

spoke design.) inside a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on

high 4 hours. Internal temperature should read 170°.

Spread loaf with reserved tomato sauce. Sprinkle with mozarella. Cover

and cook 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Using foil strips, remove

meat loaf from slow cooker.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 232 Calories; 9g Fat (47.1%

calories from fat); 15g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 45mg

Cholesterol; 450mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat;

1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Barbara~

I drool over your recipes without the pictures!! Now I'm really going to have a problem!! Thanks!!

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

These recipes are so fabulous and the pictures you are taking look professional!!!! WOW GOURMET!!!

Get set with the right mind set.

So here are the latest six recipes. Try the potato muffins if you don't try anything else. They are so easy and everyone from kids to oldsters love them!

* Exported from MasterCook *fish_n_rice_main.jpg

Baked Fish with Rice

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 lemon

2 tbsp parsley -- finely chopped

1 cup rice -- long grain, uncooked

1 1/2 tsp herbs de provence -- store-bought mix (1 1/2 to 2)

2 tsp chicken bouillon granules -- levelled

2 cups water

1 pound flounder fillets -- or other fish such as tilapia

2 tbsp olive oil

Position an oven rack on the lowest level and preheat the oven to 425'F.

Cut the lemon into thin slices; remove and discard the seeds; set the

slices aside. Rinse the parsley and then chop finely: set it aside. Spray

the bottom and the sides of the casserole with non-stick spray.

Spread the rice in a shallow platter; pick out and discard any foreign

object: pebbles, lentils, etc.

In a medium bowl, combine: rice, chicken base soup powder, parsley, herbs

and water: stir well. Pour the mixture into the casserole and then spread

the rice evenly in the bottom of the casserole. Place the fillets into the

casserole and then lay the lemon slices over them. Spoon some of the water

with the herbs and parsley over the slices and fillets. Drizzle the oil

over everything, cover the casserole well with foil paper and then bake in

a preheated oven for 25 minutes.

Test for doneness: Carefully remove the foil paper from the furthest point

away from your face to avoid steam burns. There should be a little bit of

liquid left in the pan; the rice should be plump and the fish should be

white and flaky. In any case, remove the casserole from the oven and cover

with foil paper for a few minutes to allow the rice to absorb any

remaining water in the casserole.

If there's a lot of liquid left in the pan, then return the casserole to

the oven and bake uncovered for 5 more minutes, or until most of the water

has been absorbed.

If there's barely any liquid in the casserole and the rice seems hard,

then add in a couple of tablespoons of water, cover with foil and continue

baking for 5 - 8 more minutes, or until the rice is soft.

Serve with boiled Rapini or other greens, extra lemon wedges, olive oil

and soft crusty bread of choice.

Description:

"A simple fish and rice casserole baked together."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 338 Calories; 9g Fat (23.2%

calories from fat); 25g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 55mg

Cholesterol; 285mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0

Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.

Serving Ideas : Tilapia is a light red, firm fleshed fish; when cooked, it looks snowy white in colour and has a firm texture.

To bake 3 fillets: use 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice and a little more of the herbs, chicken base and oil.

To bake 4 fillets: use 1 1/4 cups rice and a little more of the herbs, chicken base and oil; overlap the fillets to fit pan. Do not, in any case, increase the amount of water, since the fish will release water during baking and, in turn, will turn the rice into mush by the time the water has been absorbed.

This recipe also works well with Salmon and Trout fillets.

* Exported from MasterCook *breakfast_the_night_before.jpg

Breakfast The Night Before

Recipe By :

Categories :

10 1/2 ounces Jimmy Dean 97% ff sausage -- (one roll)

8 slices bread -- cubed

2 cups cheddar cheese, ff -- grated

1 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute

2 1/2 cups milk, skim

3/4 teaspoon dry mustard

10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup, condensed -- (one can)

1/2 cup milk, skim

Cook sausage in large skillet until brown, breaking up with wooden spoon;

drain. Pat sausage dry with paper towels.

Grease 9x13-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in baking dish. Sprinkle

grated cheddar cheese over bread. Sprinkle sausage over cheese.

Combine egg beaters, 2 1/2 cups milk and dry mustard in medium bowl; beat

with rotary beater or fork until well mixed. Pour egg mixture over layered

mixture in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 to 24

hours.

Heat oven to 300 degrees F.

Stir together cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk in small bowl. Pour

over mixture in baking dish. Place baking dish on baking sheet.

Bake, uncovered, about 1 1/2 hours or until center is set when baking dish

is slightly jiggled. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Description:

"This dish is made easier by mixing it the night before. A good

addition to a brunch buffet or as a holiday breakfast."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 243 Calories; 5g Fat (20.6%

calories from fat); 23g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 25mg

Cholesterol; 1028mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat;

1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat.

NOTES : 5 points per serving, and they are large.

* Exported from MasterCook *cal0502.jpg

Chocolate Chip Idaho Potato Poppers

Recipe By :

Categories :

cooking spray

1 1/3 cups flour

2/3 cup potato flakes -- any instant variety

2 tablespoons sugar

2/3 cup splenda

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup milk, skim

2 egg whites

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips -- be sure to use MINI chips

Preheat oven to 375°. Coat the cups of 2 mini-muffin pans (24 cups) with

cooking spray.

In a large bowl, stir together the flour, potato flakes, sugar, baking

powder, cinnamon and salt until mixed. Stir in the milk, egg whites, oil

and vanilla extract until blended. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.

Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake

14-17 minutes, or until golden in color and a toothpick inserted in the

center comes out clean. Loosen the edges of each muffin with a knife, and

transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 114 Calories; 3g Fat (27.4%

calories from fat); 3g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace

Cholesterol; 144mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0

Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2 points per muffin.

* Exported from MasterCook *fiesta_shrimp_cocktail

Fiesta Shrimp Cocktail Toss

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 pound shrimp -- cooked, peeled and deveined (medium)

3/4 cup Italian dressing, ff

1 medium tomato -- diced

4 ounces Green Chiles -- diced, one can

1/3 cup green onions -- sliced

2 tablespoons cilantro -- (optional) chopped

2 teaspoons honey

1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

TOSS shrimp, dressing, tomato, chiles, green onions, cilantro, honey and

hot pepper sauce together in medium glass or ceramic bowl; refrigerate for

at least 60 minutes.

Description:

"Dazzle your family or guests by serving this appetizer in a martini

glass or other fancy stemware lined with a small leaf of romaine

lettuce."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 155 Calories; 2g Fat (12.4%

calories from fat); 24g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg

Cholesterol; 302mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1

Vegetable; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Idaho Potato Spinach BallsIdahoPotatoSpinachBalls.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

20 ounces Potatoes -- peeled, boiled and mashed

1 package frozen chopped spinach -- (10 ounce) thawed and well-drained

1/2 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

1 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk

1/3 cup flour

salt and pepper to taste

cooking spray

Lightly brush a baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Set

aside.

In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, spinach and eggs. Beat with mixer

until well-blended. Season with nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Add the cheese

and 4 tablespoons of the flour. Stir until flour is well-blended.

Spread the remaining flour onto a glass plate and season with salt and

pepper.

Using two teaspoons, form the spinach mixture into 1-inch balls. Drop the

spinach balls onto the flour-covered plate. Roll balls in the flour to

coat and place on the prepared baking sheet.

Place the tray in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before baking. Preheat

oven to 450° F.

Remove balls from the refrigerator; spray them lightly with cooking spray.

Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.

serve plain, or sprinkle balls with lemon juice.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 270 Calories; 6g Fat (17.8%

calories from fat); 17g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 15mg

Cholesterol; 285mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1

Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.

Pork Medallions with Mushrooms & Pastafinished.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

12 ounces pork tenderloin

2 tbsp oil

1 tbsp butter

1 tbsp herbs de provence -- or more

1 tsp beef stock -- (1 to 1/2)

4 large mushrooms -- about 3 inches wide

1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)

1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional) -- (1 to 2)

If not using Worcestershire sauce and/or

lemon juice -- compensate by adding equal amounts of water

2 cups pasta -- fuselli, bowtie, shells, etc. uncooked

2 cups pasta sauce -- your favorite

water

grated parmesan or romano for garnish

Wash or scrub mushrooms clean of dirt and then cut into quarters and set

aside. Rinse pork tenderloin to remove loose debris and then pat dry with

paper towels. Using a single bladed knife, remove any fat and the sinew.

The sinew is a tough, rubbery, thin layer of tendon that can neither be

cut nor chewed easily when eaten.

It's slightly transparent and has a light blue tint to it, which makes it

distinguishable from the fat. Removing the sinew also removes some of the

meat, which is unavoidable, so don't worry about this. However, to

minimize the amount of waste, don't attempt to remove the sinew from the

flat end, because you can tear away too much meat from there. Instead,

start from the middle of the tenderloin where the sinew begins.

Making a small incision , enough to fold over the sinew, and if necessary,

use a paper towel to hold on to the slippery sinew. If the sinew begins to

shred as you pull it off, then you have no other choice but to slice it

off carefully. Once again, you will lose a bit of the meat, because

there's no way you can remove the sinew without losing part of the meat;

this is to be expected.

Cut the tenderloin into 12 pieces (medallions), each about 3/4 - 1 inch

thick. Place the medallions on a work surface, about 2 - 3 inches apart

and cover loosely with plastic film. Using a mallet, begin to hit each

medallion to slightly flatten them to a 1/2 inch thickness, enough to

break apart the fibers.

Note: At this point, fill a large pot with plenty of cold water, about 3/4

worth capacity and bring it to a boil over high heat. You want to time the

pasta and the medallions to finish cooking at the same time. As soon as

the water begins to form tiny bubbles and has started to steam, but not

come to a full boil, start cooking the pork. Within a few minutes of

cooking the pork, add the pasta to the boiling water and keep an eye on

things.

Heat a large non stick frying pan on high heat, for about 1 minute, or

until hot and then add in the butter and the oil. When the butter has

melted and has begun to froth, place the tenderloins into the pan without

moving them around. Allow the pieces to brown for 1 minute and then turn

them over, using a set of tongs, and continue to brown for another minute.

Sprinkle the herbs de provence and turn the pieces over to redistribute

the herbs and then align the pieces in a ring around the edge of the

bottom of the pan, leaving the center of the pan empty. Add in the

prepared mushrooms in the centre and reduce the heat to low - medium heat.

Cover with matching lid and allow to cook for 2 - 3 minutes and then turn

over the mushrooms and medallions to cook evenly. Cook for 10 - 12

minutes, or until mushrooms have slightly wilted and repeat turning the

mushrooms and medallions every 2 - 3 minutes. Test the pork for doneness

by removing the thickest medallion and slicing into it. The meat should be

firm and the juices should run clear, not pink. In the meantime, check on

the pasta and start reheating your pasta sauce on a slow simmer.

When the medallions have cooked, increase the heat to high and add in the

Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and beef stock liquid. Stir everything

around to coat mushrooms and medallions with liquids and to caramelize

them.

When the liquid has slightly reduced, but not thickened, transfer

everything to individual serving plates, divided equally, or to a platter.

Place the medallions near the edge of the plate, or in the centre of the

platter, in an overlapping manner, and then scatter the mushrooms on and

around the medallions, allowing the pan liquid to cascade over and down

the medallions. Serve with pasta topped with pasta sauce (and grated

cheese if desired).

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 387 Calories; 13g Fat (31.8%

calories from fat); 25g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 63mg

Cholesterol; 87mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean

Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat.

Serving Ideas : Note About the Pasta:

You can use whichever type of pasta you like and cook it to your preference. Similarly, the pasta sauce you choose to serve can be a home-made or a commercial one (store bought). There's nothing wrong with using store bought sauce, especially if you're short on time.

NOTES : 9 points per serving, but remember that this is for the

pasta and sauce as well.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Bow Tie Pasta with Broccoli Pesto52017179_b0ade40e7a_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories : Pasta

1 pound broccoli florets

3 cloves garlic -- minced

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons Butter Buds® -- liquid

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil

1/2 teaspoon salt

12 ounces pasta -- bow ties

2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar

1/2 cup tomato -- chopped

In a 5 quart pan, bring 8 cups of water to a boil ov hih heat. Stir in

broccoli and cook until just tender to bite. Immediately drain broccoli,

immerse in ice water until cool, and drain again.

In a food processor or blender, combine a third of the broccoli with

garlic, cheese, olive oil, Butter Buds, sesame oil, salt, and 3

tablespoons water. Whirl until smooth. Scrape down sides of container,

add half the remaining broccoli, and whirl until smooth again. Add

remaining broccoli; whirl until smooth. Set aside.

In the 5 quart saucepan that has been cleaned, bring about 3 quarts of

water to a boil over high heat; stir in pasta and cook until just tender

to bite, 8 to 10 minutes.

Drain pasta well. Transfer to a large serving bowl and stir in vinegar.

Add pesto and mix gently but thoroughly. Garnish with tomato and serve

immediately.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 445 Calories; 9g Fat (17.7%

calories from fat); 17g Protein; 75g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 5mg

Cholesterol; 535mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat;

1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 9 points per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook *52017260_a52bb82e36_m.jpg

Hoisin-Honey Lamb with Couscous

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 cups chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

1 cup carrots -- shredded

1 cup couscous -- uncooked

1 pound lamb -- boned

6 tablespoons hoisin sauce

2 tablespoons honey

2 1/2 tablespoons ginger -- minced

1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil

3/4 cup green onions -- cut into 1/2" lengths

1/4 cup cilantro leaves, whole

In a 2 quart pan, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Stir in carrots

and couscous. Cover tightly, remove from heat, and let stand until almost

all liquid has been absorbed (5 minutes).

Meanwhile, cut lamb across the grain into bite size strips about 1/4 inch

thick. Place in a large bowl and stir in hoisin sauce, honey, and ginger.

Heat a wok or wide nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add oil, then

onions. Cook, stirring, just until onions are tinged with brown.

Transfer to a bowl.

Pour lamb mixture into pan; cook, stirring, until lamb is no longer pink;

scrape off a little sauce to check. Return onions to pan and stir to heat

through.

Spoon couscous mixture into a serving bowl and top with lamb mixture,

sprinkle with cilantro.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 518 Calories; 21g Fat (36.4%

calories from fat); 22g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 64mg

Cholesterol; 459mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1

Vegetable; 3 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 10 points per serving.

Pork with Orange-Cranberry Sauce52017273_035c92eb5a_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 1/4 pounds boneless pork top loin chop -- 4 chops

3/4 cup chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

1/4 cup dried cranberries

2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate -- thawed

1 tablespoon dijon mustard

1 teaspoon cornstarch

2 teaspoons butter

2 teaspoons olive oil

Place each chop between two pieces of plastic wrap. With a heavy, flat

sided mallet, pound meat firmly but gently all over to a thickness of 1/4

inch.

In a small bowl, stir together broth, cranberries, orange juice

concentrate, mustard, and cornstarch. Set aside.

Melt butter and oil in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium high heat.

When butter sizzles, add as many pork pieces to pas as will fit without

crowding. Cook, turning once, until pork is wel lbrowned on both sides

and no longer pink in the center. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.

Add broth mixture to pan, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil,

stirring. Then continue to boil and stir until slightly thickened. Pour

over pork.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 221 Calories; 11g Fat (44.0%

calories from fat); 26g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;

69mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean

Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Salmon Saute with Citrus Sauce52017284_3bbbd5ac4d_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories : Seafood

2 cups oranges -- 4 medium

1 cup grapefruit -- 1 large

1/2 cup lime -- 1 large

1/3 cup green onions -- 3 large

1 tablespoon butter

3/4 pound salmon fillets -- 1/2" thick, skinned and cut into 1 x 2" strips

1/4 cup fish stock -- or chicken broth

1/3 cup orange marmalade

1 tablespoon mint -- fresh, chopped

Shred enough peel from oranges, grapefruit, and lime to make 1/2 teaspoon

each. Combine peels in a small bowl; cover and set aside.

Cut off and discard remaining peel and all the white membrane from

grapefruit, lime, and two of the oranges. Holding fruit over a bowl to

catch the juice, section the fruit, set segments aside. Pour juice from

bowl int a glass measure. Squeeze juice from remaining oranges; add

enough of this to glass to make 1/2 cup. Set aside.

Trim and discard ends of onions. Cut into two inch lengths, then cut each

piece lengthwise into slivers; set aside.

Melt butter in a wide nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add fish. Fry

gently, flipping with spatula as needed until opaque but still moist in

the thickest part. With a slotted spoon, transfer fish to a large bowl;

keep warm.

Add citrus juices and broth to pan. Bring to a boil; then boil, stirring

often, until reduced to 1/3 cup. Reduce heat to low, add marmalade, and

stil until melted. Add onions and citrus segments; stirgently just until

heated through. Remove from heat and stir in chopped mint.

Spoon fruit sauce over fish; mix gently. Divide mixture among 4 plates;

garnish with citrus peels and mint sprigs. Season to taste with salt and

pepper.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 267 Calories; 6g Fat (20.7%

calories from fat); 19g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 53mg

Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1

Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Chicken Breasts with Cheese and Chilies52017168_9bd4c0cb14_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

12 ounces chicken breasts, no skin, no bone, R-T-C -- 4 halves

4 ounces green chiles -- canned, diced

1/2 cup green onions, whole -- chopped

1 medium avocado

1 cup sour cream, light

Place chicken in a sprayed 8 x12 baking pan. Cover tightly with foil and

bake in a 350° oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, mix cheese and chilies.

After chicken has baked, remove foil. Top each piece equally with cheexe

mixture, patting to hold in place. Sprinkle evenly with onions.

Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted and meat is

done (about 15 more minutes). Then, broil about 4 inches below heat until

lightly browned.

Pit avocado, then peel and slice. To serve, arrange avocado over chicken'

serve with sour cream.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 293 Calories; 16g Fat (47.8%

calories from fat); 29g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 72mg

Cholesterol; 217mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0

Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : While this is 7 points per serving, enough can not be said

for the benefit of the avocado. It is worth the extra

fat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Garlic Chicken and Grapes52017198_55e6ed7b57_m.jpg

Recipe By :

2 1/2 pounds chicken legs, no skin, R-T-C -- this should be 12 large legs

3 tablespoons dijon mustard

3 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

1 tablespoon sesame seeds

2 cups grapes -- red or green, seedless (about 3/4 pound)

Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Place chicken

legs in pan, skin side down. Cover with foil and bake in a 400° oven for

25 minutes.

While chicken is baking, combine mustard, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and

garlic in a small bowl; stir until well combined. Uncover chicken and

turn skin side up. Pour mustard mixture over chicken and sprinkle with

sesame seeds.

Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until meat near the bone is no longer

pink when slashed (about 15 minutes). Sprinkle grapes around chicken and

bake just until grapes are heated through (3 to 5 more minutes).

Arrange chicken and grapes on a serving platter and spoon sauce over.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 151 Calories; 5g Fat (29.3%

calories from fat); 14g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 43mg

Cholesterol; 437mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0

Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Garlic Chicken Bites with Tomato-Raisin Sauce 52017223_995502fc26_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories : Appetizers

3 tablespoons cilantro -- minced

2 teaspoons pepper -- coarsely ground

8 cloves garlic -- minced

1 pound chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C -- cut in 1 1/2" chunks

1/3 cup tomato sauce

1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed

1 tablespoon vinegar, cider

1/2 cup raisins

In a small bowl, mix cilantro, pepper, and three-fourths of the garlic;

rub mixture over chicken. Place chicken pieces well apart in a lightly

sprayed 10 x 15 inch rimmed baking pan or cookie sheet.

Bake in a 500° oven until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink in

center; cut to test (about 15 minutes). Meanwhile, in a food processor or

blender, whirl remaining garlic, tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, and riaisin

until raisins are chopped.

Serve chicken hot, with sauce.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 223 Calories; 3g Fat (12.6%

calories from fat); 27g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 69mg

Cholesterol; 192mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat;

1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Green and White Spring Soup52017253_ec4e2e8ed6_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 5 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

49 1/2 ounces chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium -- large size

14 1/2 ounces chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium -- small can

1 teaspoon lemon peel -- grated

1 teaspoon tarragon -- dried

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 ounces angel hair pasta -- broken in half

1 pound asparagus -- slender as possible

12 ounces scallops, bay & sea, R-T-C -- *see Note

1 cup parsley -- or watercress is nice

3 tablespoons lemon juice

In a 5 or 6 quart pot, combine broth, lemon peel, tarragon, and pepper.

Bring to a boil over high heat. Add pasta; return broth to a boil, then

reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 4 minutes

Meanwhile, snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; diagonally slice

spears into one inch pieces. Rinse scallops. Remove leaves from parsley

or watercress and discard stems. Rinse and drain, setting aside enough to

use as garnish(chop the leaves to be used as a garnish).

Stir asparagus and scallops into soup. Simmer, uncovered, until scallops

are just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.

Remove pan from heat and stir in whole parsley or watercress leaves.

Cover and let stand until it is wilted, about one minute. Stir in lemon

juice and sprinkle with garnish.

Serve immediately as the lemon juice will cause the bright green color to

darken.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 122 Calories; 1g Fat (7.9% calories

from fat); 16g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 29mg

Cholesterol; 154mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2

Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.

NOTES : This makes about 10 cups so it is a generous 2 cup

serving.

*I use the bay scallops but would recommend cutting the

large sea scallops into fourths. It makes the meat look

like more.

This delicious soup is only 2 points per serving~!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

October 14, 2005

Chocolate Shortbread52017190_64be1f6581_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories : CHOCOLATE!

1 cup graham cracker crumbs -- chocolate

3/4 cup flour

2/3 cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1 tablespoon cocoa powder

1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder -- or espresso powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup butter -- cold, cut in small chunks

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

1 tablespoon milk, skim

In a food processor or a large bowl, whirl or stir together graham cracker

crumbs and 1 tablespoon water until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press

crumbs evenly over bottom of a lightly greased 9 inch springform pan (use

nonstick spray and a nonstick pan helps too, if you don't have one, line

the bottom with a circle of waxed paper); set aside

In food processor or bowl, whirl or stir together flour, 2/3 cup powdered

sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, 2 teaspoons water, instant coffe, and salt. Add

butter; whirl or rub with your fingers until mixture resembles coarse

crumbs.

Evenly distribute crumbly dough over graham cracker crumbs in pan. With

fingers, press out dough firmly to make an even layer that adheres to

crumbs. If the dough is sticky, place a layer of plastic wrap over it and

it will peel of when you are finished pressing out the dough.

Bake in a 325° oven until shortbread smells toasted and feels firm in

center when gently pressed, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on a rack

for 5 minutes. Then, using a very sharp knife, , cut shortbread, still in

pan into 12 equal wedges. Let cool completely in pan on rack.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/2 cup powdered

sugar, 1 tablespoon cocoa, vanilla, and milk. Beat until smooth; if

necessary, add more milk to make glaze easy to drizzle. Remove pan rim

from shortbread; drizzle glaze over. Let stand until glaze is set.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 147 Calories; 5g Fat (29.8%

calories from fat); 2g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 10mg

Cholesterol; 128mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0

Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : This shortbread is a very CHOCOLATE fix and is great with

evening coffee or hot tea. It is 3 points per serving and

well worth it because the ingredients are all the 'real

thing'.

Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus52017298_0d28d6a220_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories : Eggs

2 cups Egg Beaters® 99% egg substitute -- you may use whole eggs, just add the points

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon basil -- fresh, minced or 1 tea dried

1 teaspoon butter

4 ounces Neufchatel cheese -- cut into 1/2" pieces

1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, part skim milk -- shredded

2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

1 pound asparagus

In a deep nonstick frying pan over high heat, bring about 1 inch of water

to a boil. Meanwhile, snap tough stem ends off asparagus. Cut 2 to 3

inches off the top of each spear, then cut remaining stems diagonally into

1 inch lengths. Add asparagus to water and cook until barely tender when

pierced. Drain. Separate tips from pieces.

Beat egg subsitute with garlic powder, salt, and basil to blend. Set pan

over medium heat. When hot, add butter and swirl to coat pan. Add egg

mixture. Sprinkle with neufchatel cheese cubes.

As egg mixture sets, usa a wide spatula to push cooked eggs aside and let

uncooked liquid flow to pan bottom. While egg mixture is still semi

liquid, add asparagus stem pieces, mozzarella, and parmesan. Continue to

push mixture from pan bottom with spatula until softly set, about 5

minutes total. Transfer to platter or plates. Add salt and pepper to

taste, garnish with asparagus tips.

This recipe is great as a light dinner! I like it best alone with sliced very ripe tomatoes on the side.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 186 Calories; 11g Fat (50.9%

calories from fat); 18g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 33mg

Cholesterol; 465mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat;

1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These next two recipes are straight from the WW website. I put them in MC without doing the nutritional analysis even thought occasionally there is an error in WW recipes, these looked fine to me. I am smelling the cabbage rolls as I type. I made them for tonights dinner and I can't wait! It smells yummy. I will have the potatoes below and fresh asparagus to round out the meal.

Beef Stuffed Cabbagebeefstuffcabbage_lg.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

1/3 head savoy cabbage -- about 8 whole leaves

1/2 pound uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)

1/2 cup uncooked white rice

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

1 medium carrot(s) -- peeled and grated

1 medium onion(s) -- finely chopped

1 medium garlic clove(s) -- minced

1 large egg white(s)

1/2 tsp table salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

2 tsp olive oil

29 oz canned diced tomatoes -- with basil, garlic and oregano

Wrap cabbage leaves in plastic wrap or moist paper towels and microwave on

HIGH for 2 minutes, until soft. Cut off the thickest, white portion of the

spine of each leaf to make leaves pliable and easy to fold; set aside.

Combine beef, rice, water, bread crumbs, carrot, onion, garlic, egg white,

salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.

Spoon about 1/4 cup of beef mixture onto center of each leaf. Fold up

bottom of leaf to cover filling, tuck in sides and then continue rolling

to make loose rolls (rice will expand during cooking so it is important

not to roll them too tightly).

Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat; add rolls and sauté

until golden brown on all sides, turning frequently, about 5 minutes. Add

tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until

cooked through, checking pot every 15 minutes and stirring to prevent

sticking, about 1 hour. (If sauce thickens or reduces, add water.) Yields

2 rolls per serving.

PERSONALLY, I DON'T SAUTE THE ROLLS. I LINE A BAKING DISH WITH CABBAGE

LEAVES FOR A BED AND LINE THE DISH WITH THE ROLLS. COVER WITH THE SAUCE,

FOIL TIGHTLY ON THE TOP AND BAKE IN A 325° FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS. MUCH

EASIER AND STILL DELISH!

S(Internet Address):

"http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/...?recipeId=66741"

NOTES : This WW recipe is 6 points per serving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roasted Fingerling Potatoesroastfingerlingpot_lg.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

12 oz potato(es) -- fingerling, well-scrubbed

1 medium garlic clove(s) -- minced

1/2 cup canned chicken broth -- divided

2 rosemary sprig

1/4 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Combine potatoes, garlic and 1/4 cup of chicken broth in a metal pie pan

or small roasting pan; arrange rosemary sprigs between potatoes.

Roast for 15 minutes (broth will evaporate); add remaining broth, flip

potatoes and roast for 15 minutes more. Remove from oven and sprinkle with

pepper. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.

I HAVE SUBSITUTED RED POTATOES AND PARSLEY IN THE RECIPE FOR THE

FINGERLINGS AND ROSEMARY AND THEY ARE JUST AS DELICIOUS, JUST DIFFERENT.

S(Internet Address):

"http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/...?recipeId=79471"

1 point per serving. Okay, you may wonder about this but three small fingerlings are only about a third of a cup so I triple the recipe and count it three points per serving.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

recipes for October 26

Here are some of my new favorites:

* Exported from MasterCook *56116197_fa094e8aec_m.jpg

Chicken with Chunky Vegetables

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 pound chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C

4 ounces onion -- one onion cut in wedges

1 clove garlic -- minced

4 ounces button mushroom -- cut in half

4 ounces tomato -- one tomato cut in wedges

6 ounces zucchini -- cut in strips

6 ounces yellow squash -- cut in strips

1/2 teaspoon dried basil

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon lime juice

Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat to medium. Add

chicken and cook, 3 -4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Add

remaining ingredients except lime juice; mix well. Reduce heat to lov,

cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes until chicken is done and vegetables are

crisp tender. Remove to serving tray and drizzle with lime juice.

Description:

"Another Mr Food recipe that has been lightened"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 173 Calories; 3g Fat (17.3%

calories from fat); 27g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 69mg

Cholesterol; 200mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1

1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.

Serving Ideas : I love to add a bulb of fennel, sliced to this dish. It doesn't change the points.

* Exported from MasterCook *56116207_e8495b5c6b_m.jpg

Gingered Shrimp

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Appetizers

1 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp -- peeled and deveined

1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium

2 teaspoons ginger root -- chopped

1/4 cup rice wine vinegar

2 tablespoons Splenda -- or sugar

2 tablespoons apple juice

1 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons green onions -- thinly sliced, about three

Arrange shrimp in single layer in glass or plastic container. Heat soy

sauce to boiling over high heat. Stir in ginger root; reduce heat to

medium. Simmer uncivered about five minutes or until liquid is reduced by

half. Stir in vinegar, Splenda, apple juice and salt; pour over shrimp.

Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.

Remove shrimp from marinade with slotted spoon; arrange on serving plate.

Discard marinade. Sprinkle onions over shrimp.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 74 Calories; 1g Fat (9.0% calories

from fat); 15g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 133mg

Cholesterol; 606mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit;

0 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : This is 4 to 5 shrimp per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook *56116226_4dbee60181_m.jpg

Greek Fritatta

Recipe By :

Categories : Breakfasts

4 cups fresh spinach -- lightly packed, about 4 ounces

2 tablespoons water

1 1/2 cups egg beaters® 99% egg substitute

1/3 cup green onions -- chopped

1/4 cup milk, skim

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 cup tomato -- chopped

2 ounces feta cheese -- crumbled

Coarsely chop spinach. Place in saucepan with water. Cover and cook

until wilted over medium heat.

Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix eggs, onions, milk, and pepper until well

blended.

In a 12 inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, arrange spinach, tomato, and

cheese. Pour egg mixture over top. Cover and cookover medium low heat 6

to 7 minutes or until almost set.

Uncover skillet; broil about 6 inches from heat for one minute. Let stand

one minute before slicing and serving.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 99 Calories; 3g Fat (29.8% calories

from fat); 11g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 13mg

Cholesterol; 323mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2

Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Serving Ideas : You can subsitute whole eggs and the points would be 4 per serving. You can subsitute 3 eggs and use 3/4 cups egg beaters and the points would be 3. If you don't care for egg beaters, half eggs and half egg beaters is the best solution.

NOTES : 2 points per serving. These portions are very generous.

* Exported from MasterCook *56116250_6338128de3_m.jpg

Horseradish Mashed Potatoes

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 1/2 pounds red potato -- cut into 1/2" slices

1/3 cup yogurt, skim milk

1 tablespoon horseradish

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 tablespoons milk, skim

chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Heat one inch of water to boiling in three quart saucepan. Add potatoes.

Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes;

drain. Return to saucepan. Shake pan with potatoes over low heat to dry;

remove from heat.

Mash potatoes until no lumps remain. Beat in yogurt, horseradish, and

salt. Add milk and beat again until potatoes are light and fluffy.

Sprinkle with parsley.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 153 Calories; trace Fat (1.3%

calories from fat); 5g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1mg

Cholesterol; 305mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0

Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : These potatoes are best using red potatoes and leaving them unpeeled.

* Exported from MasterCook *56116272_89eb972625_m.jpg

Taco Pie

I posted this recipe a long, long time ago from an old Mr. Food magazine that I had. It went over so well with kids and adults alike. I have since changed the meat to turkey and added a couple of seasonings and we like it even better!

Recipe By :

Categories : Salads

1 pound ground turkey

16 ounces refried beans, ff -- 1 can

2 cups iceberg lettuce -- shredded

1 cup tomatoes -- chopped

1 cup cheddar cheese, lowfat -- shredded

1/2 cup sour cream, light

1 cup salsa

1/4 teaspoon salt

Cook turkey in a large nonstick skilled sprayed with a bit of nonstick

cooking spray. Stir in all the seasonings, refried beans, and salsa,

breaking up the mixture with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil, reduce

heat to low and simmer five minutes. Remove from heat, scrape down the

side with a rubber spatula and spread the mixture evenly. Arrange

lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream in concentric circles on to of

the meat mixture and serve.

Description:

"courtesy of Mr. Food, lightened by me."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 260 Calories; 12g Fat (33.5%

calories from fat); 29g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 194mg

Cholesterol; 1264mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat;

1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : I often use cumin as well or add a package of taco seasoning mix and a tablespoon of tomato paste.

The idea is to flavor the meat enough that you can't tell you used turkey instead of ground beef.

NOTES : This makes a huge main dish salad that could easily serve

6. At four servings, it is 5 points per serving.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Hello everybuddy! I am on a real kick here so check out these four recipes. The potato chowder is excellent and so is the fish!

* Exported from MasterCook *exps8349_CW2452C41.jpg

Asparagus Chicken Fricassee

Recipe By :

Categories :

1/3 cup flour

1 teaspoon salt -- optional

1/2 teaspoon paprika

16 ounces chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C -- 4 breast halves

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 cups chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium -- divided

1 teaspoon dill weed

3/4 pound asparagus -- trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces

Hot cooked noodles -- optional

In a bowl, combine flour, salt if desired and paprika; set 2 tablespoons

aside. Coat chicken with remaining flour mixture. In a large skillet,

brown chicken in oil. Combine 1-3/4 cups broth and dill; pour over

chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

Add the asparagus; cover and simmer for 8 minutes longer or until

asparagus is almost tender.

Meanwhile, combine remaining broth and reserved flour mixture until

smooth. Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir flour mixture into asparagus

mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. serve the chicken

and sauce over noodles if desired.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 244 Calories; 10g Fat (37.4%

calories from fat); 27g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 69mg

Cholesterol; 595mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat;

1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : This recipe is 6 points per serving WITHOUT the noodles.

I opt for a nice salad and double up on the asparagus in

the recipe.

* Exported from MasterCook *exps23405_CFT854088D42A.jpg

Autumn Chicken

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

8 ounces chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C

1/2 cup cranberry sauce -- with whole berries

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium

1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon ground mustard

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon garlic -- minced

In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown chicken on

both sides. Place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking

spray. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and

bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 263 Calories; 3g Fat (10.5%

calories from fat); 26g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 69mg

Cholesterol; 382mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0

Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

* Exported from MasterCook *exps17317_TH10230C29B.jpg

Baked Parmesan Fish

Recipe By :

Categories :

1/3 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated

2 tablespoons flour

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1 egg

2 tablespoons milk, skim

16 ounces orange roughy fillets -- 4 fillets

In a shallow bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, flour, paprika, salt and

pepper. In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip fish fillets into egg

mixture, then coat with the Parmesan mixture. Arrange in a greased 13-in.

x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or

until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 146 Calories; 4g Fat (26.6%

calories from fat); 22g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;

81mg Cholesterol; 350mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat;

0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : 3 points per serving and this is really good! You can sub

any firm fleshed fillet.

* Exported from MasterCook *exps27364_LT10505D37A.jpg

Cheddar Potato Chowder

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 7 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

2 cups water

2 cups red potatoes -- unpeeled and diced

1 cup carrot -- diced

1/2 cup celery -- diced

1/4 cup onion -- chopped

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/4 cup flour

1 cup half-and-half, fat free

1 cup milk, skim

2 cups cheddar cheese, lowfat -- shredded

1 cup ham slice, extra lean -- cubed

In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender.

Meanwhile, place flour in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in milk.

Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until

thickened. Remove from the heat. Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir the

ham and the cheese sauce into undrained vegetables; stir until combined.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 197 Calories; 4g Fat (20.0%

calories from fat); 17g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 23mg

Cholesterol; 1056mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat;

1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat.

NOTES : 4 points per serving. This is really, really good and the

portions are large!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Good morning buddies. As I promised, here are some new recipes. I went through some Taste of Home and their Light and Easy magazines to find recipes that could be further lightened without compromising the flavor of the dish. Here is what I came up with.

* Exported from MasterCook *exps20615_LT10348D42.jpg

14-Karat Cake

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 15 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

1 cup Splenda

1/3 cup sugar

1 egg

4 egg whites

1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened

1/3 cup Butter Buds® -- liquid

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

3 cups carrots -- shredded

1/2 cup raisins -- golden

6 ounces Neufchatel cheese

1 tablespoon butter -- softened

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups powdered sugar

In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Combine

the flours, baking soda, salt and spices; add to the egg mixture and mix

well. Stir in carrots and raisins. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in.

baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35

minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack.

For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and

vanilla until smooth. Beat in sugar. Frost the cake. Sprinkle with

walnuts. Refrigerate.

Description:

"This is a simple and light version of carrot cake."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 221 Calories; 4g Fat (16.2%

calories from fat); 5g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 25mg

Cholesterol; 426mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2

Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

* Exported from MasterCook *exps15099_LT10177C37B.jpg

Antipasto Tossed Salad

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

1 3/4 cups zucchini -- halved and thinly sliced

1 1/2 cups cauliflower -- broken into flowerettes

1/4 cup green onions -- thinly sliced

1 cup Italian salad dressing, low calorie

1 tablespoon lemon juice

12 cups romaine lettuce leaves -- torn

2 medium tomatoes -- cut into wedges

4 large mushrooms -- thinly sliced

4 ounces salami, beef -- julienned

4 ounces provolone cheese -- julienned

2 1/4 ounces olives -- drained and sliced

1 cup croutons

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese -- shredded

In a bowl, combine the zucchini, cauliflower and onions. Combine the salad

dressing and lemon juice; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and

refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Just before serving, combine the romaine, tomatoes, mushrooms, salami,

provolone and olives in a serving bowl. Add marinated vegetables; toss to

coat. Top with the croutons and Parmesan cheese.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 111 Calories; 6g Fat (46.7%

calories from fat); 7g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 11mg

Cholesterol; 354mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1

1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2 points per 1 cup serving. This one is really good. I eat it sometimes for either lunch or a very light supper and have two servings for 4 points.

* Exported from MasterCook *exps18568_LT10287D39C.jpg

Apple Thyme Chicken

Recipe By :

Categories :

6 tablespoons apple juice

6 tablespoons lemon juice

4 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar

1 teaspoon canola oil

1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme

2 medium apples -- peeled and quartered

1 tablespoon honey

SAUCE:

2 teaspoons cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

3/4 cup apple juice

In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Pour half of the

marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and

turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate

remaining marinade.

Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill.

Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Dip apples in reserved marinade;

set aside. Combine the honey with the remaining marinade. Grill chicken,

covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run

clear, basting frequently with the honey marinade. Grill apples,

uncovered, for 3-5 minutes, basting and turning frequently or until

lightly browned.

In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, thyme and apple juice until

blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

Slice the grilled apples; stir into sauce. Serve with chicken.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 213 Calories; 4g Fat (15.3%

calories from fat); 19g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 52mg

Cholesterol; 48mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1

1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

* Exported from MasterCook *exps22347_TH10389D20C.jpg

Applesauce Cake

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup Splenda

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup yogurt, skim milk

3 egg whites -- beaten

1/4 cup raisins

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

DRIZZLE:

1/4 cup powdered sugar

1 teaspoon water

In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the

applesauce, water, yogurt, egg whites and almond extract. stir into the

dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.

Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30

minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack.

For drizzle, in a bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and water until

smooth. Drizzle over cake.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 116 Calories; trace Fat (1.9%

calories from fat); 3g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace

Cholesterol; 122mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0

Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2 points per serving. This cake is so good and so filling and moist. I like to bake it and cut and wrap it in individual servings and freeze it for when I want something low points but sweet.

* Exported from MasterCook *exps24017_LT854095D48.jpg

Asian Linguine Salad

Recipe By :

Categories :

8 ounces linguine -- uncooked

1/3 cup soy sauce, low sodium

1/4 cup water

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil

2 medium carrots -- julienned

1/2 medium red pepper -- julienned

1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil -- divided

1/2 cup snow peas

1 clove garlic -- minced

1 small zucchini -- julienned

1/2 cup bean sprouts -- canned

1 green onion -- julienned

Cook linguine according to package directions; drain and place in a large

serving bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, water, lemon juice and

sesame oil. Refrigerate 1/4 cup for dressing. Pour remaining mixture over

hot linguine; toss to coat evenly.

In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with nonstick cooking spray,

stir-fry carrots and red pepper in 3/4 teaspoon olive oil for 2 minutes.

Add snow peas and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add to linguine.

Stir-fry the zucchini, bean sprouts and onion in remaining olive oil

for 2 minutes; add to linguine mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least

2 hours. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 145 Calories; 2g Fat (13.9%

calories from fat); 5g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg

Cholesterol; 410mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 0

Fruit; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : 3 points per serving. Not quite lo-mein, but you can't beat the lower sodium and points than you would get from take-out!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Wow, Barbara! I really appreciate those lower sodium chinese recipes. Thank you!

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

You're welcome Donna. I like Chinese too but the sodium is a killer for me! I really try to do more than just lower the fat and calories and sometimes, there are some keepers!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Yes Barbara, thanks again for these great recipes. I have tried many and they are all keepers! I can't wait to try the carrot cake. More, More!!

3.gif MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Added 1/4/06

Hi everyone. I spent a lot of time going through various chicken recipes to find a variety of ethnic ones for you to try. I hope that some of them look interesting enough for you to try them. The pork recipe was added because it is a South American version of the the last recipe which is a Thai chicken recipe.

* Exported from MasterCook *82160935_3943b6b229_m.jpg

This is so good! It is well worth the effort to make it. I used Canadian bacon instead of smoked ham and reduced the oil by half. It was still a great new way to eat Chicken and Rice!

Arroz con Pollo

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 pound chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 ounces Canadian bacon -- cut into 1/4-inch dice

1 small onion -- chopped

1 red bell pepper -- chopped

1 green bell pepper -- chopped

1 3/4 cups canned tomatoes -- drained and chopped

1 tablespoon tomato paste

2 cups chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

1 1/2 cups rice -- preferably long-grain

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

In a large, deep frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat.

Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Cook the

chicken, turning, until well browned, about 8 minutes in all. Remove. Pour

off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the pan.

Reduce the heat to moderately low. Add the ham, onion, and garlic to the

pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften,

about 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally,

until they start to soften, about 3 minutes longer.

Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt

and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the rice and

add the chicken in an even layer. Simmer, partially covered, over

moderately low heat until the chicken and rice are just done, 20 to 25

minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 329 Calories; 5g Fat (15.0%

calories from fat); 24g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 51mg

Cholesterol; 482mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean

Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.

* Exported from MasterCook *82160948_b67e7e549d_m.jpg

If you are expecting the crunch of the fried version then don't try this but if you expect a great lower point version with the same flavor as the fried variety, this is for you!

Baked Chimichangas

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast half -- shredded

1 cup salsa

1 small onion -- chopped

3/4 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

6 tortilla, whole wheat 96% fat free flour -- 10" size

3/4 cup cheddar cheese, lowfat -- shredded

1 cup chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

2 teaspoons chicken bouillion granules -- reduced sodium

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1/4 cup flour

1 cup half-and-half, fat free

1 can green chili peppers -- (4 ounces)diced

In a nonstick skillet, simmer chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano

until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.

Place 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons

cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down

in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking

spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly

browned.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the broth, bouillon and pepper until

bouillon is dissolved. Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into the

broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

Stir in chilies and heat through. To serve, cut chimichangas in half;

spoon sauce over the top.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 391 Calories; 10g Fat (23.7%

calories from fat); 33g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 70mg

Cholesterol; 752mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1

Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat.

NOTES : 8 points per serving. These are yummy and worth the

effort.

* Exported from MasterCook *82160954_c3004256a2_m.jpg

This is a great CORE or FLORE recipe too!

Chicken and Zucchini Couscous

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 tablespoon olive oil

12 ounces chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C -- quartered

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup onion -- chopped

4 cloves garlic -- chopped

1 tablespoon ginger root -- minced

1/2 teaspoon paprika

3/4 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric

1 1/2 cups chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

1 cup tomatoes, low sodium -- crused variety

1 cup chickpeas, canned -- drained and rinsed

1 cup zucchini -- cut into 1/4-inch slices

3 tablespoons fresh parsley -- chopped

1 tablespoon lemon juice

4 cups couscous, cooked

In a large pot, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Season the chicken

pieces with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and add them to the pot. Cook,

turning, until browned, about 8 minutes in all. Remove. Pour off all but 1

tablespoon fat from the pot.

Reduce the heat to moderately low. Add the onion to the pot and cook,

stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic,

ginger, paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and turmeric and cook, stirring,

for 30 seconds.

Add the broth, tomatoes, and the remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt,

scraping the bottom of the pot to dislodge any browned bits. Add the

chicken thighs and drumsticks. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10

minutes. Add the chicken breasts with any accumulated juices, the

chickpeas, and the zucchini and bring back to a simmer. Cook, covered,

until the chicken and zucchini are just done, about 12 minutes longer. Add

the parsley and lemon juice and serve over the couscous.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 420 Calories; 7g Fat (14.9%

calories from fat); 30g Protein; 59g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 52mg

Cholesterol; 511mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean

Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.

NOTES : 8 points per serving with 1 cup of couscous. I find I

can't eat that much. This recipe is 6 points per serving

with 1/2 cup of the couscous.

* Exported from MasterCook *82160972_9ca1e95ae1_m.jpg

This is a heartier, more European version of Italian caccatori.

Chicken Chasseur

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 tablespoon cooking oil

12 ounces chicken breasts without skin

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon butter

1 cup onion -- chopped

3/4 pound mushrooms -- sliced

1 1/2 teaspoons flour

2/3 cup chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

1 cup crushed tomatoes -- drained

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

In a large, deep frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat.

Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper and add

to the pan. Cook until browned, turning, about 8 minutes in all. Remove.

Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from the pan.

Add the butter to the pan and reduce the heat to moderately low. Add the

onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.

Raise the heat to moderately high. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and 1/4

teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are

browned, about 5 minutes.

Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the vermouth and

bring back to a simmer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, thyme, and the

remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices.

Reduce the heat; simmer, covered, until the chicken is done, about 10

minutes. Stir in the parsley and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 193 Calories; 8g Fat (34.9%

calories from fat); 19g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 47mg

Cholesterol; 427mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2

Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.

Serving Ideas : Good served over whole grains.

* Exported from MasterCook *82160983_580a2e0f38_m.jpg

This is a filling version of goulash without the trouble of cutting up the meat!

Chicken Goulash

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 tablespoon cooking oil

8 chicken thighs, no skin, R-T-C

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup onion -- chopped

1 cup carrots -- cut into 1/4-inch slices

1/2 cup celery -- cut into 1/4-inch slices

2 tablespoons paprika

1 tablespoon flour

1/8 teaspoon cayenne

1 1/2 cups chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

1 bay leaf

In a large, heavy pot, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Season the

chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and add it to the pan. Cook the

chicken until browned, turning, about 8 minutes in all. Remove. Pour off

all but 1 tablespoon fat from the pan.

Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic to the pan. Reduce the heat to

moderate and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent,

about 5 minutes.

Reduce the heat to moderately low and add the paprika, flour, and cayenne

to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, tomatoes,

the remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, the thyme, and the bay leaf. Add the

chicken and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially

covered, until the chicken is done, about 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaf

and add the parsley and black pepper.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 237 Calories; 11g Fat (39.7%

calories from fat); 19g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 57mg

Cholesterol; 468mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2

Vegetable; 1 Fat.

* Exported from MasterCook *82160999_994c78a496_m.jpg

If you want to try something smooth and rich and decadent tasting without it being decadent then you have to try this poached chicken. It is a staple in Chinese cooking and you are supposed to save the broth and re-use it each time you poach the chicken. I can't do that because it is too good so I use it as a sauce.

Chinese Poached Chicken Breasts with Star Anise

Recipe By :

Categories :

3 1/2 cups chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

2 carrots -- cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices

6 scallions including green tops -- 5 cut into 4-inch lengths, 1 chopped

1 slice fresh ginger -- (6 1/2 inch) smashed, plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger

4 cloves garlic -- smashed

1/4 cup brown sugar -- preferably dark

1/4 cup soy sauce

5 whole star anise

3 cinnamon sticks

6 black peppercorns

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup water -- *see Note

In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots, the 5 scallions, the

smashed ginger, the garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, star anise, cinnamon

sticks, peppercorns, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and

simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.

Add the sherry or water if you prefer as I do and chicken and bring back to a simmer over moderately low

heat, covered. Turn the chicken and simmer, covered, until the chicken is

just done, about 5 minutes.

With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken, carrots, and star anise to

large shallow bowls. Strain the broth and add the minced ginger and 2

tablespoons of the chopped scallion. Ladle the broth over the chicken and

top with the remaining chopped scallion.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 223 Calories; 4g Fat (15.1%

calories from fat); 22g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 52mg

Cholesterol; 1230mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat;

1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : * you can use dry sherry but be sure to add the

nutritional info to your recipe.

4 points per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook *82161004_6ff8a87ece_m.jpg

This is a really good, stick to your ribs meal that will surprise you in how good it tastes.

South American Peanut Pork

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 tablespoon canola oil

3 cloves minced garlic -- (3 to 4)

1 cup onion -- chopped

1/2 cup red bell pepper -- chopped

1/2 cup carrots -- chopped

1 pound pork tenderloin -- cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1/2 tablespoon paprika

1/2 tablespoon Splenda

1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper -- or more to taste

3 cups chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

1/2 cup peanut butter -- creamy

In a large saucepan, heat the Crisco Canola Oil over medium heat.

Add the garlic, onion, bell pepper, and carrots. Saute about 2 minutes,

stirring often. Add the pork, paprika, sugar, cumin, and cayenne pepper.

Add salt and pepper to taste. Brown the pork on all sides.

Add the chicken stock, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan to deglaze

it.

Add the Jif extra creamy peanut butter and bring to a boil, stirring

constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about

25 minutes until the pork is tender.

Taste, and add salt and pepper if desired. Serve with rice.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 261 Calories; 16g Fat (53.6%

calories from fat); 22g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg

Cholesterol; 144mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1

Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : 6 points per serving. The fat is rather high with 16g per

serving but remember that the majority of the fat comes

from the peanut butter in the recipe.

* Exported from MasterCook *82161011_ab33399ac8_m.jpg

This one is the Thai version of the pork above and if you add the rice or noodles to that one, the points are about the same.

Spaghetti with Chicken and Thai Peanut Sauce

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium

3 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium

2 teaspoons lime juice

2 tablespoons lime juice

1 tablespoon oil -- plus 1 tablespoon more if needed

4 cloves garlic -- minced

3/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1/3 cup peanut butter -- preferably chunky

3/4 cup chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

1/2 teaspoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes -- or to taste

8 ounces spaghetti

3 scallions -- chopped, green tops included

In a medium, shallow glass dish or stainless-steel pan, combine the 3

tablespoons soy sauce, the 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon of the

oil, the garlic, and the ginger. Add the chicken; turn to coat. Let

marinate at least 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a medium, stainless-steel saucepan, combine the remaining 1

teaspoon soy sauce and 2 teaspoons lime juice, the peanut butter, broth,

sugar, salt, and red-pepper flakes. Pour the marinade from the chicken

into the saucepan and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat, whisking

until smooth.

Heat a grill pan over moderate heat. Cook the chicken until browned and

just done, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and

let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.

Alternatively, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy frying pan.

Cook and slice the chicken in the same way.

In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until just

done, about 12 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the peanut sauce,

chicken, and scallions.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 490 Calories; 18g Fat (31.9%

calories from fat); 33g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 52mg

Cholesterol; 919mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat;

1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : This is a variation on the South American version of pork

and peanut sauce. This one is chicken and is actually

MORE points than the pork version. Both are very good.

10 points per serving.

If you can't find any of these recipes when you come back to look, just check the sticky thread above for them. I always post my recipes with pictures to that thread so they aren't lost.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

more yummy side dishes! Posted 1/09/06

I know that I already posted side dishes this week, but don't you get tired of the same sides over and over again? I have been experimenting and having fun with some new recipes! Hope you enjoy them.

* Exported from MasterCook *84523326_d2d49417f3_m.jpg

Brussels Sprouts

I made these without the almonds as I have a problem with nuts. My digestive system won't let me have them! Without the nuts, the recipe comes in at just one point per serving.

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 lb brussels sprouts -- fresh

2 Tablespoons butter -- (4 to 6)

1/2 cup onion -- chopped

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 teaspoon lemon juice -- fresh squeezed

1/4 cup slivered almonds -- toasted

1 Boil in water or steam brussels sprouts for 3-4 minutes until just

tender. Split one open to see if it has cooked to the middle. Strain and

place in a bowl of ice water to keep the color bright green. Cut into

halves.

2 Sauté onions in butter in a wide sauté pan until the onions are

translucent. Add the brussels sprout halves and cook on medium high heat

for several more minutes, until the sprouts have reached your desired

level of doneness. Add salt and pepper to taste while the sprouts are

cooking. Whatever you do, do not over-cook, as the sprouts will be bitter.

3 Remove from heat, toss in half of the toasted slivered almonds and the

lemon juice. Add salt and pepper if needed. Put into serving dish and

garnish with the rest of the toasted almonds.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 104 Calories; 7g Fat (57.0%

calories from fat); 4g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 10mg

Cholesterol; 146mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2

Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.

* Exported from MasterCook *84523340_0871cf24b8_m.jpg

Cauliflower Puree

Either you like cauliflower or you don't but I bet you will love this! I certainly did!

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 head cauliflower -- stem trimmed of leaves, florets roughly chopped

1 cup water -- vegetable, or chicken stock

2 Tbsp sour cream -- (2 to 3)

1 Tbsp butter -- softened

Salt and pepper

1 Combine cauliflower and water or stock in a medium saucepan, bring to a

boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until cauliflower

is very tender, about 10 minutes.

2 Using a slotted spoon, transfer cauliflower to a blender. Blend until

smooth, adding 1 to 2 Tbsp of the cooking liquid, 15 to 20 seconds. Add

sour cream and butter, and blend 5 to 10 seconds more. Season with salt

and pepper. Serve hot.

Description:

"People either really love cauliflower or they really don't. Those of

us in the first camp will enjoy it almost any way - raw, steamed with

butter and lemon, or in this case puréed."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 47 Calories; 4g Fat (80.9% calories

from fat); 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 11mg

Cholesterol; 42mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1

Fat.

NOTES : 1 point per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook *84523320_aa4c7f2f7f_m.jpg

Golden Beets and Brussels Sprouts Recipe

This is my new favorite way to make Brussels Sprouts and I don't even like beets! Once again, I omitted the nuts for a change to ZERO points per serving!

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 3 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

2 medium beets -- golden variety

10 brussels sprouts

1 shallot -- peeled and sliced

1 Tbsp fresh thyme -- chopped (can substitute a 1 teaspoon of dried thyme)

2 Tbsp almond slivers -- toasted

Salt and freshly ground pepper

1 The beets take the longest to cook so start them first. Either boil them

in water in a small saucepan for 45 minutes, or roast them in the oven at

350°F for an hour fifteen minutes. Roasting will give you better flavor,

but takes longer and uses a lot more energy (unless you are already

cooking something in the oven). When done, set aside to cool for 10

minutes, peel and chop into 1 x 1/2 inch chunks.

2 While beets are cooking you may want to toast your almond slivers if you

are starting with raw almonds. Just heat a skillet to medium high heat and

put in the almonds. Stir frequently with a spatula. When the almonds begin

to brown, remove from pan into a small bowl. Let cool, set aside.

3 Remove any outer leaves that look a bit ragged from the brussels

sprouts. Bring a small saucepan half filled with water to a boil and

parboil the brussels sprouts for 2-3 minutes. They should be almost all

the way cooked through. (Test by cutting one in half.) Set aside for 5

minutes to cool, cut off any protruding tough stem on each sprout and cut

each sprout in half.

4 In a medium sized skillet heat 1 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Add the

shallot slices and cook until translucent, a few minutes. Raise the heat

to medium high. Add the sprouts and beets to the pan, along with the thyme

and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 minute more, stirring.

Remove from heat and serve. Can serve warm or at room temperature.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 89 Calories; 3g Fat (31.1% calories

from fat); 4g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg

Cholesterol; 60mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2

Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : Note that thyme is the essential accent which brings all

the ingredients together.

1 point per serving.

* Exported from MasterCook *84523334_20a632942e_m.jpg

New Potatoes with Cheese and Tomatoes

PLEASE don't decide NOT to make this recipe because it is 5 points a serving. It can be made as an entree on a night when you want to go meatless. This is one of the best potato recipes I have ever found!

Recipe By :

Categories :

8 small new potatoes -- (8 to 12)

2 Tbsp butter

1 med onion -- finely chopped

4 large green onions -- cut in 1-inch lengths

2 large tomatoes -- peeled and chopped

1/2 cup half-and-half, fat free

1 Tbsp cilantro leaves, whole -- finely chopped

1/2 teaspoon oregano -- finely chopped

Salt and pepper

1 Scrub the potatoes; do not peel. Place the potatoes in a large pan,

cover with water and boil, covered, until tender when pierced, about 20

minutes. Drain and place in a serving container. Keep warm.

2 Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and

green onions and cook until limp. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring

often, for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream, cilantro, oregano, cumin, and

salt and pepper to taste. While stirring, slowly add the cheese and cook

until the cheese is melted.

Serve at once. Spoon the sauce over the potatoes.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 248 Calories; 7g Fat (26.9%

calories from fat); 9g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 21mg

Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat;

1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat.

Roasted Baby Carrots84523343_9264370f80_m.jpg

As with most roasted veggies, there is something special about roasting carrots. I am not much for carrots unless they are in a beef stew or raw but these are wonderful!

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 1/2 pounds baby carrots -- carefully washed, greens cropped to 1 inch above top of carrot (about 5" long each)

1 large onion -- peeled, cut into 8 wedges; use a red onion

2 Tbsp olive oil

1 Tbsp rosemary -- chopped, or 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary

Garlic powder

Salt and pepper

1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Gently together the carrots, red onion, rosemary

to coat with the olive oil. Lay out on a rimmed baking pan. Sprinkle with

garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

2 Roast for 30 to 40 minutes on middle rack or bottom rack, until well

browned.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 92 Calories; 5g Fat (48.7% calories

from fat); 1g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg

Cholesterol; 41mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.

Summer Squash84523348_2be21f89de_m.jpg

This is another recipe that you could use as a main course. It is so filling and I am thinking that it is a great way to use squash and tomatoes in the summer when they are overflowing their vines!

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 lbs squash, crookneck -- *see Note, sliced

1 bell pepper -- seeds removed, sliced

1 cup tomatoes -- peeled and cut into wedges

1/2 cup onion -- peeled and sliced

1 clove garlic -- chopped

1 tablespoon olive oil

4 ounces cheddar cheese, lowfat -- shredded

basil -- either dry or chopped fresh

salt and pepper

Put onion, squash, bell pepper into a large saucepan with olive oil. Put

on high heat and brown the vegetables slightly to develop flavor. As you

are browning, sprinkle either dried basil or chopped fresh basil on the

vegetables. When vegetables are slightly browned, remove from heat, add

the cheese, and cover the pan.

In a separate stick-free fry pan, put the tomatoes and cook at medium hi

heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want to let the juice

from the tomatoes evaporate some. After 5 minutes, add the tomatoes to the

rest of the vegetables and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 148 Calories; 6g Fat (35.0%

calories from fat); 10g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 6mg

Cholesterol; 183mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : *You can use zucchini or a mixture of both.

3 points per serving.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Posted Jan 10/06

The incredible egg, lots of recipes

Good morning everyone. I spent a lot of time yesterday searching my recipes for some good ones with eggs. I hope that you like them!

Benedict Strata85175992_dc7865dddd_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 package English muffins -- (12 oz.)

6 slices Canadian bacon -- (4 oz.) chopped

6 eggs

1 1/2 cups milk, skim

2 tablespoons Hellmans Just 2 Good Mayonaise -- or any reduced fat mayo

2 teaspoons lemon peel -- grated

Chives -- optional

Halved lemon slices -- optional

Split muffins and cut into cubes. Alternate even layers of muffin cubes

and ham in lightly greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish. In medium bowl,

beat together eggs, milk, mayonnaise, peel and juice until well blended.

Pour evenly over muffin-ham mixture. Cover. Refrigerate several hours or

overnight.

Uncover. Bake in preheated 350°F oven until golden brown and knife

inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Garnish

with chives and lemon slices, if desired.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 172 Calories; 8g Fat (42.1%

calories from fat); 15g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;

227mg Cholesterol; 585mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean

Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

=========================

Benedict Strata 2

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 package English muffins -- (12 oz.)

6 slices Canadian bacon -- (4 oz.) chopped

1 1/2 cups milk, skim

2 tablespoons Hellmans Just 2 Good Mayonaise -- or any reduced fat mayo

2 teaspoons lemon peel -- grated

Chives -- optional

Halved lemon slices -- optional

Split muffins and cut into cubes. Alternate even layers of muffin cubes

and ham in lightly greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish. In medium bowl,

beat together eggs, milk, mayonnaise, peel and juice until well blended.

Pour evenly over muffin-ham mixture. Cover. Refrigerate several hours or

overnight.

Uncover. Bake in preheated 350°F oven until golden brown and knife

inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Garnish

with chives and lemon slices, if desired.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 123 Calories; 3g Fat (21.9%

calories from fat); 13g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;

15mg Cholesterol; 600mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean

Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat.

NOTES : 3 points per serving unless you use a Thomas whole wheat

or honey wheat muffin which will reduce the points to 2

per serving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cherry Tomato & Portabella Omelet85175993_ef42d687fb_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

1 teaspoon butter

1 cup mushrooms -- baby portabella also know as crimini, sliced

4 cherry tomatoes -- wedged, or 4 grape tomatoes, halved

2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing

1/3 cup cheddar cheese, lowfat -- shredded

1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

In 7- to 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil

until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Add mushrooms. Cook,

stirring frequently, until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes.

Cook stirring frequently, until tomatoes are heated through, about 1

minute. Remove mushrooms and tomatoes from pan. Cover and keep warm.

In small bowl, beat together eggs and dressing until blended. Pour egg

mixture into pan. (Mixture should set immediately at edges.) With an

inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward

center so uncooked portions can reach hot pan surface, tilting pan and

moving cooked portions as necessary. When top is thickened and no visible

liquid egg remains, fill with reserved mushrooms and tomatoes. Sprinkle

with cheese and parsley. With pancake turner, fold omelet in half or

roll. Invert onto plate with a quick flip of the wrist or slide from pan

onto plate.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 193 Calories; 11g Fat (53.3%

calories from fat); 16g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 12mg

Cholesterol; 478mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat;

0 Other Carbohydrates.

This is my favorite egg beater omelet. It is also very

good as an egg white omelet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chocolate Zucchini Cake85175994_2047cc06b2_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 1/4 cups flour

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter -- softened

3/4 cup applesauce

4 eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla

2 cups zucchini -- shredded

2 tablespoons powdered sugar

In medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda,

cinnamon and salt, if desired. Set aside. In large mixing bowl at medium

speed, beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in

applesauce, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Reduce mixer speed

to low and gradually beat in reserved flour mixture. Gently stir in

zucchini. Pour into lightly greased 9-cup fluted tube pan.

Bake in preheated 350°F oven until cake tester inserted in center comes

out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. With

narrow spatula or knife, loosen cake from pan and gently shake onto

serving plate. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 273 Calories; 10g Fat (32.1%

calories from fat); 5g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 91mg

Cholesterol; 541mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0

Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

===========================

Chocolate Zucchini Cake 2

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 1/4 cups flour

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 cup Splenda

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter -- softened

3/4 cup applesauce

1 tablespoon vanilla

2 cups zucchini -- shredded

2 tablespoons powdered sugar

In medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda,

cinnamon and salt, if desired. Set aside. In large mixing bowl at medium

speed, beat together sugar, Splenda, and butter until light and fluffy.

Beat in applesauce, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Reduce

mixer speed to low and gradually beat in reserved flour mixture. Gently

stir in zucchini. Pour into lightly greased 9-cup fluted tube pan.

Bake in preheated 350°F oven until cake tester inserted in center comes

out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. With

narrow spatula or knife, loosen cake from pan and gently shake onto

serving plate. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 208 Calories; 8g Fat (35.1%

calories from fat); 5g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 21mg

Cholesterol; 545mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0

Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 4 points per serving. This version looks and tastes the

same as using eggs and all the sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corn Scrambled Pockets85176005_0a7f1215bf_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

4 eggs

1/2 cup corn -- fresh and cut from the cob,frozen and thawed, or canned drained)

1/3 cup tomato -- chopped

2 tablespoons green onion -- with top, minced

1 ounce Neufchatel cheese -- cut in small cubes

1 teaspoon butter

2 pita bread -- halved

1/4 teaspoon salt -- optional

In medium bowl, beat together eggs, corn, tomato, onion, cheese and salt

if desired. Stir in corn, tomato, onions and cheese. In 8- to 10-inch

omelet pan or skillet over medium heat, heat butter until just hot enough

to sizzle a drop of water. Pour in egg mixture. As mixture begins to set,

gently draw an inverted pancake turner completely across bottom and sides

of pan, forming large soft curds. Continue until eggs are thickened and no

visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Fill pita halves with

1/4 of the scrambled mixture.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 204 Calories; 8g Fat (36.3%

calories from fat); 11g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 220mg

Cholesterol; 407mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0

Vegetable; 1 Fat.

NOTES : 4 points per serving. If you subsitute egg beaters, it is

3 points per serving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couscous Egg Salad85176008_a94a4c4dff_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 1/4 cups water

1 1/4 teaspoons mint leaves -- dried

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup couscous -- uncooked

1/2 cup spinach -- firmly packed and chopped

1/4 cup celery -- diced

1/4 cup onion -- diced

1 can Mandarin oranges -- (11 oz.) drained, juice reserved

1/4 cup vinaigrette -- honey mustard

1/4 teaspoon pepper

4 eggs -- hard cooked and quartered lengthwise

Spinach or lettuce leaves -- optional

In medium saucepan over high heat, heat water, mint, and salt to a boil.

Stir in couscous. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.

Fluff with a fork. Stir in next 4 ingredients. In small bowl, whisk 1/4

cup of reserved orange juice, dressing, and pepper until thoroughly

blended. Pour over couscous mixture. Stir until well blended. Add eggs and

lightly toss until evenly coated with dressing, To serve, spoon 1 cup

salad over a bed of spinach or lettuce leaves, if desired.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 322 Calories; 13g Fat (37.1%

calories from fat); 12g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 212mg

Cholesterol; 353mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0

Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Denver Quiche85176023_646d7f9bc5_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

4 ounces egg noodles -- (about 2 cups) cooked and drained, use the fine ones, not the wide ones

1 cup zucchini -- or yellow squash, chopped

3 tablespoons onion -- chopped

1 tablespoon water

1/2 cup lean ham

6 eggs

1 cup milk, skim

2 teaspoons mustard

To form crust, press noodles over bottom and up sides of lightly greased

deep 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate.

In small covered saucepan over medium heat, cook peppers and onion in

water until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in ham. Sprinkle evenly over

noodle crust. Beat together eggs, milk and mustard until thoroughly

blended. Carefully pour over vegetables and ham.

Bake in preheated 375° F oven until puffed in center and knife inserted

near center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes

before serving.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 181 Calories; 7g Fat (32.8%

calories from fat); 13g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 236mg

Cholesterol; 277mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0

Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 4 points per serving. If you make this recipe with egg

beaters, the points are reduced to 3 points per serving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Ham on Rye Strata85176039_c0b346ee7f_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

Cooking Spray

3 cups rye bread -- divided, cubed (or marbled rye)

1 cup cheddar cheese, lowfat -- (4 oz.) divided, shredded

1/2 cup lean ham -- (5.5 oz.) divided

3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper -- (about 2.5 oz.) or green or yellow peppers

1/2 cup green onions -- (about 1 oz.) with tops

2 eggs

1 cup milk, skim

Evenly coat 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish with spray. Line bottom of dish

with 1 1/2 cups of the bread cubes. Sprinkle with half each of the cheese

and ham and all the peppers and onions. Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups

bread cubes. Sprinkle with remaining ham. In medium bowl, beat together

eggs, milk and garlic powder until well blended. Pour evenly over layers.

Cover with plastic wrap.

Microwave on full power 5 minutes. Rotate dish 1/4 turn. Microwave on

50% power, rotating dish 1/4 turn each 3 to 5 minutes, until thermometer

inserted near center reads 160° F and/or knife inserted near center comes

out clean, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle with

remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 418 Calories; 8g Fat (16.4%

calories from fat); 24g Protein; 62g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 81mg

Cholesterol; 1159mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean

Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat.

NOTES : 8 points per serving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Omelet Rancheros85176044_382a0ae75a_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

1/2 cup refried beans, ff

1/4 cup salsa -- divided or taco sauce

2 eggs

2 tablespoons water

Cooking spray

4 tablespoons Cheddar cheese -- (1 oz.) shredded

Lemon and lime wedges -- optional

In small saucepan over low heat, stir together beans and 2 tablespoons of

the salsa. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Keep warm

while preparing omelet.

In small bowl, beat together eggs and water until blended. Evenly coat 7-

to 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high

heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Pour in egg mixture.

(Mixture should set immediately at edges.) With an inverted pancake

turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked

portions can reach hot pan surface, tilting pan and moving cooked portions

as necessary. Cook until top is thickened and no visible liquid egg

remains.

Spread hot bean mixture down center of omelet. Sprinkle with cheese. With

pancake turner, fold sides of omelet over beans and cheese. Slide from pan

onto plate. Spoon on remaining salsa. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges,

if desired.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 280 Calories; 19g Fat (50.1%

calories from fat); 20g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 554mg

Cholesterol; 1178mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2

Fat.

=============================

Omelet Rancheros 2

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

1/2 cup refried beans, ff

1/4 cup salsa -- divided or taco sauce

1/2 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute

2 tablespoons water

Cooking spray

4 tablespoons Cheddar cheese -- (1 oz.) shredded

Lemon and lime wedges -- optional

In small saucepan over low heat, stir together beans and 2 tablespoons of

the salsa. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Keep warm

while preparing omelet.

In small bowl, beat together eggs and water until blended. Evenly coat 7-

to 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high

heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Pour in egg mixture.

(Mixture should set immediately at edges.) With an inverted pancake

turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked

portions can reach hot pan surface, tilting pan and moving cooked portions

as necessary. Cook until top is thickened and no visible liquid egg

remains.

Spread hot bean mixture down center of omelet. Sprinkle with cheese. With

pancake turner, fold sides of omelet over beans and cheese. Slide from pan

onto plate. Spoon on remaining salsa. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges,

if desired.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 182 Calories; 10g Fat (34.0%

calories from fat); 17g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 130mg

Cholesterol; 1208mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1

Fat.

NOTES : This recipe using egg beaters is 4 points per serving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poached Eggs with Chunky Cajun Sauce85176047_77ff0e54ef_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 3 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

1 tablespoon cooking oil

1/2 cup celery -- chopped

1/2 cup green pepper -- chopped

1/2 cup onion -- chopped

2 cups salsa -- (16 oz.)

1 dash hot pepper sauce -- optional (1 to 2)

Water

6 eggs

3 ounces French bread -- (1/2-inch thick), six slices

In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until hot enough to sizzle a

drop of water. Add celery, pepper and onion. Cook, stirring

occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in

salsa. Cook and stir until mixture bubbles at edges. Stir in hot pepper

sauce, if desired. Remove pan from heat. Cover and keep warm.

Meanwhile, in large saucepan or deep omelet pan, bring 2 to 3 inches of

water to boiling. Reduce heat to keep water gently simmering. Break cold

eggs, 1 at a time, into custard cup or saucer or break several into bowl.

Holding dish close to water's surface, slip eggs, 1 by 1, into water.

Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are

not hard, about 3 to 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, lift out eggs. Drain

in spoon or on paper towels and trim any rough edges, if desired. Place 2

slices of the bread on each plate.

Top each slice with 1 poached egg. Spoon about 3/4 cup reserved sauce

around or over eggs.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 334 Calories; 16g Fat (42.2%

calories from fat); 18g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 424mg

Cholesterol; 1086mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat;

2 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

The full serving is nice for a nighttime entree. Half

would be plenty for breakfast and would be 4 points.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonoran Enchilada Stacks 85176049_d265ed2f91_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 can enchilada sauce -- (10 oz.) red

3/4 cup tomato puree -- (6 oz.)

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 can refried beans, ff -- (16 oz.)

8 corn tortillas -- (6-inch diameter or larger)

1 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk -- (4 oz.) or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

1 cup green onions -- chopped, with tops

Cooking spray

8 eggs

2 tablespoons water

Shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese -- optional

Salsa -- optional

Shredded lettuce -- optional

Sliced tomato -- optional

In small skillet over medium heat, bring sauce, puree, chili powder and

cumin to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.

In small saucepan over medium heat, warm beans to serving temperature,

about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat.

Dip 4 of the tortillas in the hot sauce in skillet and place 1/2-inch

apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Top each with 1/4 cup of the hot

beans, 2 tablespoons of the Monterey Jack cheese and 2 tablespoons of the

onions. Repeat layers using remaining tortillas, sauce, beans and cheese.

Place last 4 tortillas over first 4. Reserve remaining green onions for

garnish. Bake in preheated 350°F oven until cheese is melted, about 8

minutes.

Meanwhile, evenly coat 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray.

Heat over medium-high heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of

water. Break and slip 4 of the eggs into skillet. Immediately reduce heat

to low. Cook until edges turn white, about 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon

water. Cover pan tightly with lid to hold in steam. Cook until whites are

completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Remove from

pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs and water. Top each baked

enchilada stack with 2 fried eggs. Garnish with reserved green onions and

Cheddar cheese and salsa, if desired. Garnish plates with lettuce and

tomato, if desired. Cut in half. Serve immediately.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 219 Calories; 11g Fat (45.9%

calories from fat); 13g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 229mg

Cholesterol; 317mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1

Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : You may substitute 16 small corn tortillas. Layer each

with half the amounts of beans, cheese and onions and top

each 2 with 1 fried egg.

This recipe is 5 points per serving and does not include

the optional items.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stracciatella Florentine85176056_63713d0fdc_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 cans chicken broth, ff, reduced sodium

1 package frozen chopped spinach -- (10 oz.)

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

4 eggs -- well beaten

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In large saucepan over high heat, bring broth to boiling. Add spinach.

Cook until thawed, stirring occasionally with fork to separate. Stir in

nutmeg. Reduce heat to simmering. While stirring soup, slowly pour in

eggs. Immediately remove from heat. Pour or ladle about 1 cup soup into

each bowl. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons cheese.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 125 Calories; 7g Fat (47.8%

calories from fat); 12g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 216mg

Cholesterol; 248mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1

Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : I saw no need to lighten this recipe as it is barely 3

points per serving as is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Trattoria Frittata85176066_d7bdbc5176_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

8 ounces Italian sausage -- bulk

1 cup chopped zucchini -- *see Note

1 teaspoon fennel seed

8 eggs

1/2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk -- (4 oz.)

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 small tomato -- thinly sliced

1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk -- (1 oz.) shredded

In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with ovenproof handle+ over medium heat,

cook sausage, green pepper and fennel seed, stirring to break sausage

apart, until sausage is browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well. Return

to pan.

In medium bowl, beat together eggs, ricotta cheese and garlic powder until

blended. Pour into pan over sausage mixture. Cover. Cook over medium heat

until eggs are almost set, about 8 to 10 minutes. Top with tomato slices.

Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil about 6 inches from heat until

cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve from pan

or slide from pan onto serving platter.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 211 Calories; 16g Fat (68.3%

calories from fat); 13g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;

240mg Cholesterol; 317mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean

Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat.

NOTES : This is the original recipe and is 6 points per serving.

*You may use red or green bell pepper here if you choose.

========================

Trattoria Frittata 2

Recipe By :

Categories :

8 ounces Italian sausage -- bulk

1 cup chopped zucchini -- *see Note

1 teaspoon fennel seed

2 cups egg beaters® 99% egg substitute

1/2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk -- (4 oz.)

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 small tomato -- thinly sliced

1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk -- (1 oz.) shredded

In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with ovenproof handle+ over medium heat,

cook sausage, green pepper and fennel seed, stirring to break sausage

apart, until sausage is browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well. Return

to pan.

In medium bowl, beat together eggs, ricotta cheese and garlic powder until

blended. Pour into pan over sausage mixture. Cover. Cook over medium heat

until eggs are almost set, about 8 to 10 minutes. Top with tomato slices.

Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil about 6 inches from heat until

cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve from pan

or slide from pan onto serving platter.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 162 Calories; 11g Fat (61.1%

calories from fat); 12g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;

28mg Cholesterol; 332mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean

Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : This version is 4 points per serving made with egg

beaters.

*You may use red or green bell pepper here if you choose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wagon Wheel Frittata85176068_cccc6e223e_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 1/2 cups broccoli florets -- (about 6 oz.)

1/2 cup fresh mushrooms -- (about 1.5 oz)

1/3 cup water

1 tablespoon butter

1/3 cup milk, skim

1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning -- crushed

4 thin tomato slices

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated or shredded

In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium heat, cook broccoli,

mushrooms and water, covered, until broccoli is tender, about 3 to 5

minutes. Drain. Remove pan from heat. Add oil to pan. Arrange broccoli

evenly around pan and set mushroom slices between broccoli florets.

In medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk and seasoning until blended.

Pour into pan over broccoli and mushrooms. Cover. Cook over medium-low

heat until eggs are almost set, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat.

Place 1 tomato slice in center. Cut remaining tomato slices in half and

arrange over top to resemble wagon wheel spokes. Sprinkle cheese evenly

over top. Cover and let stand until eggs are completely set, about 5

minutes. Cut into wedges and serve from pan or slide from pan onto

serving platter.

* For even faster cooking, substitute 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped

broccoli for fresh broccoli florets and 1 can (4 oz.) OR 1 jar (4.5 oz.)

sliced mushrooms, drained for fresh mushrooms. In 10-inch omelet pan or

skillet over medium heat, cook broccoli with only 1 tablespoon water,

covered, until broccoli breaks apart with fork, about 5 to 7 minutes.

Remove pan from heat. Add oil to pan. Arrange broccoli evenly around pan

and set mushroom slices between broccoli pieces. Proceed with recipe.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 76 Calories; 3g Fat (36.5% calories

from fat); 8g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol;

184mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0

Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

====================================

Wagon Wheel Frittata 2

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 1/2 cups broccoli florets -- (about 6 oz.)

1/2 cup fresh mushrooms -- (about 1.5 oz)

1/3 cup water

1 tablespoon butter

6 eggs

1/3 cup milk, 2% lowfat

1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning -- crushed

4 thin tomato slices

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated or shredded

In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium heat, cook broccoli,

mushrooms and water, covered, until broccoli is tender, about 3 to 5

minutes. Drain. Remove pan from heat. Add oil to pan. Arrange broccoli

evenly around pan and set mushroom slices between broccoli florets.

In medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk and seasoning until blended.

Pour into pan over broccoli and mushrooms. Cover. Cook over medium-low

heat until eggs are almost set, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat.

Place 1 tomato slice in center. Cut remaining tomato slices in half and

arrange over top to resemble wagon wheel spokes. Sprinkle cheese evenly

over top. Cover and let stand until eggs are completely set, about 5

minutes. Cut into wedges and serve from pan or slide from pan onto

serving platter.

* For even faster cooking, substitute 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped

broccoli for fresh broccoli florets and 1 can (4 oz.) OR 1 jar (4.5 oz.)

sliced mushrooms, drained for fresh mushrooms. In 10-inch omelet pan or

skillet over medium heat, cook broccoli with only 1 tablespoon water,

covered, until broccoli breaks apart with fork, about 5 to 7 minutes.

Remove pan from heat. Add oil to pan. Arrange broccoli evenly around pan

and set mushroom slices between broccoli pieces. Proceed with recipe.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 127 Calories; 8g Fat (58.8%

calories from fat); 9g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 221mg

Cholesterol; 169mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2

Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat.

NOTES : This recipe is the original version. It has whole eggs

and 2% milk. Make whichever one you prefer, this recipe

is only 3 points per serving.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

"Impossible Savory Pies"

These pies are incredibly easy, take few ingredients and are put together in a flash! Such an easy meal for a WW minded family! Add a salad and you have a filling 'comfort food' type meal!

I made two pies the other night just in case one wasn't as good or the family didn't like one. This is a real keeper but I used chopped broccoli, cauliflower and sliced mushrooms for the filling and I doubled the amount. Note that if you do this (and it is well worth it!) you need a bigger pie pan. It was sooooo good and easy!

Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pie86910019_3484e3c9ba_m.jpg

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables

1 cup cooked chicken -- cut in 1/2" cubes

1 can cream of chicken soup, condensed -- (10 3/4 ounces)

1 cup Bisquick® baking mix

1 egg

1 cup milk, 2% lowfat

1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Mix vegetables, chicken and soup in ungreased glass pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches.

2. Stir together remaining ingredients with fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.

3. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 336 Calories; 12g Fat (32.0% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 92mg Cholesterol; 954mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat.

* Exported from MasterCook *86910022_d29eb71215_m.jpg

Impossibly Easy Chicken Taco Pie

This is the other one that I made and everyone loved it. I used chopped up leftover chicken breast a a whole package of Taco Seasoning mix. This is a real great smelling pie while it is cooking and the taste didn't disappoint.

Recipe By :

Categories :

2 cups cooked chicken -- chopped

1/2 cup onion -- chopped

2 tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix

1 cup Bisquick® baking mix

1 cup milk

2 eggs

1 cup cheddar cheese, lowfat -- shredded

1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease bottom and side of glass pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches. Mix chicken, onion and seasoning mix. Sprinkle in pie plate.

2. Stir together Bisquick, milk and eggs with fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.

3. Bake 30 to 35 mintues or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream if desired.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 248 Calories; 9g Fat (33.8% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 120mg Cholesterol; 428mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat.

* Exported from MasterCook *86910044_866a9f7eb6_m.jpg

Impossibly Easy Italian Chicken Pie

I haven't tried this one yet so if you do, please post your results!

Recipe By :

Categories :

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 1/2 cups cut-up cooked chicken

1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (5 ounces)

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves

1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves

1 can tomato paste -- (6 ounces)

1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix

1 cup milk

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 eggs

1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate.

2. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in pie plate. Mix chicken, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the oregano, basil, garlic powder and tomato paste; spoon over Parmesan cheese.

3. Stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.

4. Bake 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.

Description:

"Satisfy your craving for pizza with an easy Italian-style chicken pie. It's loaded with cheese and authentic Italian seasonings."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 89 Calories; 4g Fat (44.1% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 80mg Cholesterol; 299mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

* Exported from MasterCook *86910027_5ff774c851_m.jpg

Impossibly Easy Pizza Pie

Haven't tried this one yet either so let me know what you think if you try it.

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 medium onion -- chopped (1/2 cup)

1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix

1 cup milk

2 eggs

1 can pizza sauce -- (8 ounces)

1/2 package sliced pepperoni -- (3 1/2-ounce size)

1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper

3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle onion and Parmesan cheese in pie plate.

2. Stir Bisquick, milk and eggs until blended. Pour into pie plate. Bake 20 minutes. Spread with pizza sauce; top with remaining ingredients.

3. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is light brown. Cool 5 minutes.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 154 Calories; 9g Fat (54.0% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 93mg Cholesterol; 457mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat.

* Exported from MasterCook *86910032_9fd5462946_m.jpg

Impossibly Easy Quesadilla Pie

Now this one was great. Once again, I made it bigger. I added a small chopped onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, and layered the bottom of the pan with slices of fresh tomatoes. It was great! Again you need a larger pan.

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 can Old El Paso® chopped green chiles -- (4.5 ounces) well drained

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)

1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro

3/4 cup Original Bisquick® mix

1 1/2 cups milk

3 eggs

1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle chilies, cheese and cilantro in pie plate.

2. Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.

3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with salsa if desired.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 74 Calories; 5g Fat (55.4% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 65mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

\

* Exported from MasterCook *86910035_e0b7d2c024_m.jpg

Impossibly Easy Zucchini Pie

I made this as my offering for a brunch that some friends and I had and they didn't want meat as part of the meal. To spruce it up, I added garlic of course and about a quarter of a cup of sliced ripe olives. It was yummy.

Recipe By :

Categories :

1 cup chopped zucchini

1 cup chopped tomato

1/2 cup chopped onion

2/3 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick® mix

3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk

2 eggs or 1/2 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease bottom and side of pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches.

2. Sprinkle zucchini, tomato, onion and cheese evenly in pie plate.

3. Stir together remaining ingredients with fork until blended. Pour evenly into pie plate.

4. Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool at least 10 minutes.

Description:

"A flavorful mix of zucchini, tomatoes and cheese baked in a pie. Ahh, if all pies could be this easy."

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 35 Calories; 1g Fat (36.3% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 264mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155