Health Discovery Network
bluffview

Cliff's Chili Mac Supper

I have no idea who Cliff is, but his supper was very tasty LOL. You could always add veggies & decrease the pasta if the pts are a bit high. This is from Joanna Lund's Another Potful of Recipes.

16 oz extra lean ground turkey or beef

1 can Healthy Request Tomato Soup

8 oz can tomatoes, finely chopped & undrained

1/2 cup water

1 1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni

1 1/2 teaspoon chili seasoning

In skillet, brown meat. Spray crock w/ butter-flavored cooking apray. In crock, combine browned meat, tomato soup, undrained tomatoes, & water. Stir in onion & green pepper. Add uncooked macaroni & chili seasoning. Mix well to combine. Cover & cook on HIGH 3-4 hrs. Mix well before serving.

*Make 6 (1 cup) svgs- 277 cal, 5 g fat, 3 g fiber- 5 pts

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Hello, made this over the weekend and it was great. I'm a vegetarian so i used soy crumbles instead of ground beef. threw them in straight from the freezer, did not brown first. although i would add more spices and chili seasoning if you are going to use the soy crumbles to kick up the flavor that's missing from the beef. thanks for the recipe!

If not now, when?

www.ginacraig.com

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with saints. (Billy Joel)

Glad you enjoyed this!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Yes that is JoAnna Lund 's hubby she has a great site with a lot of recipes and a message board too. The addy is www.healthyexchanges.com hope this link will take you there. Jane

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

Guest Tina_30

I added one can of kidney beans to this, it was WONDERFUL!!! DH loved it, we ate the whole batch over 2 days, it saves well and makes a good lunch too. Heck he ate it cold it was that good. Wanted to bump it up, he told me to make that one again! :exercise:

I made this yesterday, experirmenting with my new crockpot we received as a wedding present for the first time. The instructions seemed simple so though how could I go wrong...

But the macaroni came out all mushy and it doesn't taste very tomatoey or chilli-y, mostly just tastes of the bell pepper! Is this normal?

I followed the cooking times and everything but wondering if I should have just added the macaroni in the last hour or so as people suggest in other recipe threads?

Any advise would be welcomed from this new slow cooker!!