Health Discovery Network
youngfrankenstein

Ready to Eat Bacon

This stuff is fantastic. I wouldn't buy it to make a Sunday breakfast but @ 1 point for 3 slices, it's great for sandwiches. Again, I find that the bacon is so tasty I don't need mayo.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Guest psst-itsme

I didnt realize the ready to eat bacon was 3 slices for 1pt. Its for sure on my list now. Thanks!I have bought the ready to eat at WalMart and my local store. I think it was Hormel I bought.

OHMYGAWSH! Now that's a deal!!! Please let us know what brand it was, or is all ready-to-eat basically the same points value? I can see where it would be great for a BLT sandwich! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SW:176 (8/31/04)

GW:144 (1/11/05)

CW:127.5

PG: 125

LIFETIME: 04/05/05

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius

Guest Ryesmom

I have tried two brands: Oscar Mayer and Hormel. The Oscar Mayer was 2 points for 3 pieces and the Hormel was 2 points for 2 1/2 pieces. I love it! No mess and quick.

I got the oscar mayer. According to their nutrition facts: 70 calories per serving and 5 grams of fat per serving. There are 15 pieces in a package and there are 5 servings per package. It lists the serving size as 3 pieces on the box. Here is a link to the company's site with nutrition info.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/om/bn/c_Products/b_RTSBacon.htm

Amy-SAHM of 4

Yep, even when you do the math it comes out to 1.816666666 - round it up to 2 pts!

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

oh my gosh, after looking at all of your point findings i suspected that my slider was messed up. i have a winning points slider w/ the 4 gram fiber cap and 1 w/ the 14 grams showing. the other day my ds was playing w/ them and took out the "middles" i must have put the older middle into the new slider. well now i can see that it is 2 points. i'd better skip my remaining FPs. i hope i didn't screw up too many items ???!!!

Amy-SAHM of 4