Health Discovery Network
CinnamonGirl

Cinnamon Gummy Hearts

Sugar Free Calorie Free Carb Free Guilt Free

I came across this recipe while cleaning out my recipe box. I couldn't find this recipe on the board when I did a search, so hopefully it's not a duplicate.

Cinnamon Gummy Hearts

6 packages of plain Knox gelatin

1 cup of water

1/2 cup of splenda

a few drops of cinnamon oil

red food coloring

Combine gelatin and water in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, melt the mixture stirring constantly. Add splenda to the mixture after it's mostly liquid. When all the gelatin and splenda are desolved, add cinnamon (be careful not to get too much this stuff is strong.) and food coloring. Pour into heart shaped candy molds. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until set. Pop out of mold and enjoy!

Lord walk with me with your arm around my shoulder

and your hand across my mouth

This is my favorite Gummy recipe. The cinnamon oil can be found in the extract section of the grocery store. You can also find it in craft stores in the candy making section. We used to dip toothpicks in it when we were in grade school. Your boys might like that project also. I would use some tweezers or something so it doesn't come in contact with skin. I've never had a problem with it but, everyone is different. This recipe makes several point free servings.

To heck with the kids, this grandmother loves cinnamon bears, hearts, worms whatever. The only calories would be for the 1/2 cup of Splenda = 48 calories.

Ann

ann p

Cinnamon oil can be found at any store that sells candy making supplies. I also did a search on google and found this site that sells it:

http://www.cakesnthings.com/catalog/product.asp?prodtoview=OF-010

I'm sure there are other sites that sell it, but at least this is a start!!

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

WOW!!! This sounds great!! I *love* cinnamon, and have tons of chocolate moulds in different shapes (I can use those, right?I don't have to buy special candy moulds??? :confused: ). I think that this could be made into mint and other oil flavours ( I have tons of flavour oils from Lorann and Wilton). I'm also thinking that this might be good for gummy lollypops!

Great recipe, thank you!!

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

C'mon over, but pardon the mess. :D

I made a batch of these today- has anyone else made these? I used lemon in place of the cinnamon (my kids love lemon), and while they were lemony, they were also very "splenda-y" tasting (kinda acrid).

Next time I try this I'll use the cinnamon, and make 1/2 a batch (finding molds for all of it was a challenge). If it still has the acrid taste I'll switch to 1/2 sugar 1/2 splenda. I ran everything through MC:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cinnamon Gummy Hearts

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

6 packages unflavored gelatin(envelope)

1 cup water

1/2 cup splenda

red food coloring

Combine gelatin and water in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, melt the mixture stirring constantly. Add splenda to the mixture after it's mostly liquid. When all the gelatin and splenda are desolved, add cinnamon (be careful not to get too much this stuff is strong.) and food coloring. Pour into heart shaped candy molds. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until set. Pop out of mold and enjoy!

S(Internet Address):

"http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?p=319854#post319854"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 188 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 89mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat.

3.76 points for whole recipe

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0

And for the modification:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cinnamon Gummy Hearts with 1/2 sugar 1/2 splenda

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

6 packages unflavored gelatin(envelope)

1 cup water

1/4 cup splenda

1/4 cup sugar

red food coloring

S(Internet Address):

"http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?p=319854#post319854"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 358 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 90mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 7.16 points

As you can see there's quite a difference in points, but they aren't enjoyable if they're acrid.

Oh, BTW, they don't "pop" out. you have to really work them out of the mold. Ah well. :) Neat recipe, though!

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

I don't really notice an after taste using the cinnamon oil. At least I know now not to use lemon extract. Lemon sounds good but it doesn't sound compatible with this recipe. Sorry you wasted your ingredients. Try it with cinnamon oil. :bcb_up