Health Discovery Network
cybergranny

Finally got my Sprooli!

Well, after almost six weeks of waiting and thinking that it was never going to come I actually finally got my sprooli. Just wanted to know if any of you still use it and what is your favorite recipe? I need all the help I can get since the instructions are very vague. I printed the whole page on Sprooli's here but wondered if anyone had any new great recipes to add? Thanks buddies.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

I just used my spirooli today, to make my scalloped potatoes, works great for the onions toooo! :angel

Made your energy bars this morning finally, granny, they are delicious.

Elaine :) :headover:

Woo-hoo! I bet you're going to love it! :D

It's a tool.

So, I think you'll have the best time figuring which vegetables work best with your gadget. Carrots are amazing. (You can truly make a carrot "curlie" about 3 feet long! :eek: ) You can spirooli many carrots, and either "roast" them, add them to salads, or throw them in soups, etc. They are beautiful!

Same with beets, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes.

Then zucchini are amazing for their noodle-like qualities.

These spiral-cut vegetables make it a lot of FUN again to eat-your-vegetables! :D

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Thanks guys. I am going to make some carrots tomorrow, after all the Easter Bunny loves carrots! Also, some zucchini for me. I can't wait to try it out.

Elaine, I am glad you like the bars too!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Barbara, where can I find your energy bar recipe, I hear it mentioned but never can find it, thanks, Arena,,,,,Happy Easter tomorrow everybuddie...Arena

Well, I found I can't use my thin, long, and sweet "organic" carrots...they are too small and break easily.

I have to use HORSE CARROTS! That's what I call them... ;)

Those BIG carrots you can buy in bulk at the grocery (rarely packaged).

There's enough circumference to fit onto the holes and overlap to make the curlies~

They're very "tasty" when spiroolied~ :) :bcbsalute I hope this helps!

I just checked your link. That looks like a spirooli!

You may also have to cut off the "tip" of the carrot, too, and just use a piece that is wide on both ends. Experiment! :D All your "failures" are edible, too! ;)

Thanks Carol, I thought that was the problem........all my carrots have been to Weight Watchers.........LOL!!!!:crazy: I need to find some that haven't made it there yet!! I will look today and see if I can find any!! After you spirooli them, do you roast them, alone, or with potatoes, onions, zucchini. etc. What is the tasty way you prepare them???

Elaine

Well....as you will see... ;) they're good roasted alone, OR with potatoes, or onions, or potatoes and onions...You can't go wrong! :D

I preheat my little convection/toaster oven to 425 degrees. I line my pan with non-stick Reynold's aluminum foil (non-stick is the key, so the veggies will "shake"!). I "mist-o" my spiroolied veggies with olive oil on the foil and on the top of the veggies.

I then roast them for about 15-20 minutes, shaking them every 5-10 minutes. You also can turn them over with a spatula and get the other side up.

Again, you can't go wrong! Some bits might get extra brown and crunchy, and they will taste "good"! At the end, I might sprinkle on a bit of kosher salt.

There are many versions of this same kind of "roasting" listed under a lot of the spirooli recipes in this forum. You've GOT to try sweet potatoes. I usually do them alone. I didn't even know I liked sweet potatoes until I did them this way~ :D

Well, I bit the bullet and did potatoes for DH and DS to go with dinner today and I did zucchini for me. They thought the potatoes tasted like the hash browns you eat for breakfast. I am in LOVE with the zoodles though. I am not even a big fan of zucchini but I can sure see how people use it as a sub for pasta. I just gave a large skillet two spritzs with olive oil, put in the zucchini, sprinkled on garlic and lots of a pepper blend and a couple of spritzs on the top. I only sauteed them for two or three minutes. They were definitely al dente just like pasta and the taste was just great. Can't wait to try something else!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

241.4/142/155

Barbara!

I'm glad you like the zoodles! They are AWESOME in my book. Hope you try some of the zoodle recipes down in the Spirooli and Zoodle thread. And I'm sure you'll be creating more of your own zoodle recipes to share!

(Momma25) Momma to five

http://www.realfoodliving.com

In remission from Acute Leukemia

Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!

218/in-between/125